• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18 - Round of 16: Juventus

Some nice posts from a Juve forum pre 1st leg:

tottenham formation : 4.3.3
------------------------------h.kane-----------------------------

h.kane----------- h.kane------------------h.kane-------h.kane----

-----------------------h.kane-------------------h.kane----- ----
------------------------------------eriksen----------------------

----------------------h.kane-----------------------h.kane--------
-------------------------------------h.kane------------------------

Away goals always suck. I've seen teams go out after a 2:1 at home times and times again.

Win 2:1 at home, go for a 0:0 away, and go out due to conceding a unlucky 0:1 in the stoppages.
Yep, Sounds like something we would do.

A clean sheet always has priority at home for me, unless it's higher than 3:1.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Klovn
1-1
lol.gif

Dream little island $#@!, we will crush you.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SpursBoy
Good to be confident, but what will happen when this smacks you in the face
lol.gif

It wont, we are playing a bunch of nobodies. Remind when was the last time you retards won anything?

I usually say kill them thrash them since I dont believe in things that arent logical such as jinx and etc.. This time I must answer this as I think you are underestimating Tottenham - Tottenham are currently one of the best sides in the world! They are very organized (actually they are the only EPL team that I can say they are well organized)
Man Utd are a team I didnt want to face because of their over defensive mentality which could be a problem to our game plan
Tottenham are another team I didnt want to face because they are organized and is a very good team. Tottenham are probably the most underrated team in Europe...
I`d rather see us face City than Tottenham as with City you can defend and hit them on the break and I think we could kill City.. Tottenham means attack and defense from both sides and they have some serious threat in Delle Ali Eriksen and Kane.
We are still favorites but Tottenham are a team that can eliminate us if we dont play at our best and Id even go as far as saying they can even win the CL if luck is on their side (there are teams that are more qualified to win it but Tottenham could be an outside surprise..)

Tottenham are currently in the top 10 teams IMO but so are we so expect a fierce battle and hard fought games

Utter tripe. Sanchez is quick. The atmosphere was very 'plastic' with piped in music, naff countdowns, the christian name/surname shout thing, organised fans. Dembele was not taken advantage of. The foul Dembele had to commit was because of Jan's scuff.
How can someone watch that match, draw 20 conclusions and get so much wrong?

I suppose when you've spent 6 years lauding a team and their tactics you have to find something to hang your hat on or you look like you know nothing about the game or other clubs.

They will have to attack at some stage, can' see them being naive enough to think we won't score. When they do come forward it will mean a lot if work for their back line, not sure they will have the legs for it.
I would also have harry, eriksen and Dele shooting at every opportunity, buffoon looked shell shocked.
If we get through we'll get bayern then Barca, through those it's Emirates Marketing Project in the final.

Smacks of nationalistic nonsense from Sacchi imo. Smoke and Mirrors job trying to salvage something from what was an unexpected capitulation by them considering they are 'so amazing' at home and don't concede, never mind concede two against a side as 'inexperienced' and 'slow' as Tottenham Hotspur.

The Sacchi quotes were from before the match. There might have been an element of national stereotyping, i.e. all CBs at English clubs have to be good in the air.

Part of me thinks that we should just play our game and concentrate on them only in a broad aspect but another part of me thinks that we should approach it a little like how we played Dortmund at home. Drop off a little and force them to take and try to use possession and then hit them on the break with their ageing backline.

I totally respect them as a team and the second leg will be a battle but I didn't see anything from them across the 90 minutes that we shouldn't feel reasonably confident about coming through the tie overall. I don't know who they had missing other than Dybala and Cuadrado and whilst Dybala will need to be watched diligently, Cuadrado playing instead of Costa as an example probably benefits us.

Ever since getting home from Turin I have had a feeling for 3-1 in the second leg with a reasonably early goal for us. I just think on the big wide spaces at a now familiar stadium, our boys will be feeling like they can take on anyone and with 80k of our fans behind them I think we are going to progress with a professional and controlled performance.

My concern is that the 80k of fans behind them the players might be a bit too keen on committing players to attack. Poch will obviously be aware of this, so let's hope the boys play a clever game.

As per usual, I shall be having a bet on Spurs NOT to keep a clean sheet. I can't lose with that bet!

Dybala will be fit for the second leg. No one should underestimate the damage he could do. He's top quality. There's a good behind the scenes, docu series on Juve just released on Netflix. Quite interesting and revealing.

We’ll have to play a lot better than we did against Palace. At times, we look slow and tired, and not sure what to do. Then games like the 1st leg, Arsenal, and Manchester United come along and we are suddenly World beaters. Is it motivation? Is it tactics? Is it the opposition not playing everyone behind the ball?

I’m thinking it’s the latter, but still think we ought to be more clued up by now as to how best to play against teams who employ that tactic.

Duh!! I thought the 2nd leg was this week. Only just realized it's the Rochdale replay this week and CL next week...

Back