• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18 - Round of 16: Juventus

---------------------Lloris---------------------
Sanchez--------Vertonghen-------Alderweireld
------(Wanyama/Dembele)----Dier------
Moura---------------Eriksen---------------Son----
--------------Alli----------------------------------
-----------------------Kane------------------------

Is this stupid or could it work?

Do you remember last time Son played LB?

I can't see more than 3 of Moura, Eriksen, Son, Alli and Lamela ever starting; unless Alli gets used in the Dembele role again like his first few matches for us.

I'm sorry mate, but it's stupid. If you had Sissoko for Verts and Llorente for Toby, then we'd be talking. :p

Do you remember last time Son played LB?

I can't see more than 3 of Moura, Eriksen, Son, Alli and Lamela ever starting; unless Alli gets used in the Dembele role again like his first few matches for us.
Lloris
Trippier/Aurier___2 from Alderweireld/Sanchez/Vertonghen___Davies/Rose
2 from Dier/Wanyama/Dele/Dembele
3 from Moura/Lamela/Eriksen/Son
Kane​

Would playing Dele in a 2 like the above from Lemonade
End up like playing Pogba in a 2 versus Spurs i.e. massive gaps in midfield, the DM overrun and a horrific defeat?

Would playing Dele in a 2 like the above from Lemonade
End up like playing Pogba in a 2 versus Spurs i.e. massive gaps in midfield, the DM overrun and a horrific defeat?

I think it would be a steep learning curve for him playing in CM and performances like you describe could be a possibility - given time im sure he would do well there though

CM is such a strong area for us, 4 absolute top notch players, I don’t think we need to be dropping Alli or Eriksen in there unless we’re chasing a game.

And they destroyed Sass 7-0. It looks like a completely different team than the one we played in pre-season. It's not going to be easy and I hope the team doesn't get too complacent based on that earlier result.

Matuidi out too - this gives us a real advantage in central midfield with Wanyama back fit, Dembele playing well and Winks/Dier in support.

And they destroyed Sass 7-0. It looks like a completely different team than the one we played in pre-season. It's not going to be easy and I hope the team doesn't get too complacent based on that earlier result.

A year or two back, that would have been notable. Now, Sassuolo are playing horrible football. two draws, three losses in last five, third worst goals against in Serie A. Serious relegation worries.

Not that this scenario is a bad thing for us. Beating cannon fodder like this is hardly good preparation for a CL tie.

A year or two back, that would have been notable. Now, Sassuolo are playing horrible football. two draws, three losses in last five, third worst goals against in Serie A. Serious relegation worries.

Not that this scenario is a bad thing for us. Beating cannon fodder like this is hardly good preparation for a CL tie.
9 wins, one draw in their last 10 league games is a fantastic run. Regardless of opposition. Just a point behind Napoli who looked favourites earlier in the season.

2-0 away to Fiorentina, even though they had only 4 shots to the Viola's 12 and a lower xG. We'll need to be on top of our game. And of course the Italians conveniently schedule their fixtures around the CL to give their teams as much of a chance as possible, as opposed to the FA which is a bitch to the networks.

Anyone know what changes we've made to our CL squad? Lamela and Moura in, GKN and Gazzaniga out? Presumably we'd have had to submit the squad for the rest of the competition by now?

2-0 away to Fiorentina, even though they had only 4 shots to the Viola's 12 and a lower xG. We'll need to be on top of our game. And of course the Italians conveniently schedule their fixtures around the CL to give their teams as much of a chance as possible, as opposed to the FA which is a bitch to the networks.
Indeed.

Juve are flipping brilliant at the moment.

Juventus' last 15 games in Serie A:
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Goals: 35
Conceded: 6
Clean sheets: 10
Top of the league!

A massive task to best them over 2 games

Chellini is a collosus

Incredible defence

And of course the Italians conveniently schedule their fixtures around the CL to give their teams as much of a chance as possible, as opposed to the FA which is a bitch to the networks.

The fixture list isnt that bad for us around the Juve game though. OK, it was the NLD today but at least it was Sat lunchtime rather than Sun 4pm which maximises our rest time, and after the game, we got lucky with the Rochdale draw - its a game where we shoud be able to rest some players and obviously its Sunday as well

After the second leg, our game is on the Sun as well

Back