• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2016/17

Leicester City won the league...
I Can see Borossia and Roma knocking out Porto and Shaktar, but not Anderlecht beating Emirates Marketing Project over 2 games.

Am I missing something? Have the pairs already been drawn for the 4th qual round? Are City definitely playing Anderlecht

Am I missing something? Have the pairs already been drawn for the 4th qual round? Are City definitely playing Anderlecht
Ehh...No. Had a bit of a brainfart there. Just assumed it from @Jordinho post. Last quali games are tonight.
Edit: The draw for the UEFA Champions League play-offs takes place at 12:00CET on Friday 5 August and will be streamed live on UEFA.com

FC København 3-0 (4-1 agg) Astra Giurgiu

Steaua Bucuresti 2-0 (3-1 agg) Sparta Prague

Hapoel Be'er Sheva 1-0 (1-0 agg) Olympiakos

PAOK 1-1 (2-3 agg) Ajax

Salzburg 2-0 (3-0 agg) Partizani

Anderlecht 0-2 (2-4 agg) FC Rostov

Celtic 2-1 (3-2 agg) FC Astana

Legia Warzawa 0-0 (1-0 agg) Trencin

Monaco 3-1 (4-3 agg) Fenerbache

Young Boys 2-0 (2-2 agg) Shaktar Donetsk (Young Boys win on pens)

4th Qualifying Round for Champions (played 16/17 August & 23/24 August)
Code:
Seeded teams                   coef.      Unseeded teams                 coef.
------------------------ --- ---------    ------------------------ --- ---------
Viktoria Plzen *3        Cze  44.585      Dinamo Zagreb **         Cro  25.775
FC Salzburg **           Aut  42.520      Ludogorets Razgrad **    Bul  25.625
Celtic **                Sco  40.460      FC København **          Den  24.720
APOEL Nicosia **         Cyp  35.935      Hapoel Beer-Sheva **     Isr   4.725
Legia Warsawa **         Pol  28.000      Dundalk **               Irl   2.590

4th Qualifying Round for Non-Champions (played 16/17 August & 23/24 August)
Code:
Seeded teams                   coef.      Unseeded teams                 coef.
------------------------ --- ---------    ------------------------ --- ---------
Emirates Marketing Project          Eng  99.256      AS Roma                  Ita  41.587
FC Porto                 Por  92.616      Steaua Bucuresti *3      Rom  36.576
Villarreal               Esp  60.142      AS Monaco *3             Fra  36.549
Ajax *3                  Ned  58.112      Young Boys               Sui  24.755
Borussia Mönchengladbach Ger  42.035      FK Rostov *3             Rus  11.716

Young Boys keeper saves a pen, then a YB player rolls his effort wide.

Next Shaktar pen hits the bar, the keeper's bum and then the bar again.

Young Boys go through.

So the only way we can be in Pot 2 is if City, Porto and Shakhtar all go out in qualifying?
One out, two more to go. (But still - very unlikely).

Defeat for Olympiakos and Shakhtar moves PSV Eindhoven and Sporting Lisbon up from Pot 4 to Pot 3.

Champions' route:

Pot 1: Viktoria Plzen, FC Salzburg, Celtic, APOEL Nicosia, Legia Warzawa

Pot 2: Dinamo Zagreb, Ludogorets Razgrad, FC København, Hapoel-Be'er Sheva, Dundalk

Non-champions' route:

Pot 1: Emirates Marketing Project, Porto, Villarreal, Ajax, Borussia Mönchengladbach

Pot 2: Roma, Steaua Bucuresti, Monaco, Young Boys, FK Rostov

What are the odds that Celtic get Dundalk?

Emirates Marketing Project will comfortably beat any of those second placed teams. The only hope is that they draw Young Boys, with the first leg away, and suffer an away loss. Am I right in thinking that their pitch has been sorted now though? It has been 6 years since we played them.

Emirates Marketing Project will comfortably beat any of those second placed teams. The only hope is that they draw Young Boys, with the first leg away, and suffer an away loss. Am I right in thinking that their pitch has been sorted now though? It has been 6 years since we played them.

Roma could be tough too. I think city will make it regardless though. Seems like young boys are back on a different kind of astro turf.

http://www.theesto.com/member-news-...-back-on-synthetic-turf-from-2014-2015-season

Back