• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Car Insurance Question

That and not liking scratched alloys!

My Mrs cant drive my cars. :) She's not a bad driver, goes everywhere like shes in a go cart race very switched on.
But to be fair it's the car park dings that get on my nerves. 20-18' alloys look great but are stupid on most roads.
Ride beats looks everyday.

One of the companies I found on a comparison site had a really good deal, so I chose them. I got an email telling me that my policy hadn't started until I called and spoke to someone (I assumed to confirm payment).

10 minutes of holding later I find myself talking to a call centre fudgewit who wants me to answer every single question again that I've already answered on the website. After 15 minutes of this, I'm then told that I had to hold whilst the underwriters verified the quote. After another 5 minutes of waiting I'm told that the underwriters are going to increase the policy by £125.

fudging tossers. It's not even the flimflam pricing that bothers me, it's the waste of my time. Word of warning - if someone starts taking you through the information you've already given them, give them 30 seconds to activate your policy or cancel it.

I had exactly the same thing. Some Essex based new company who undoubtedly make their money with this tactic. I was annoyed and spoke to a manger who was a complete c u next time. Should be reported to the FSA.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I and a few others i know chose Liverpool Victoria (LV) for car insurance. Comfortably cheaper than the rest.

We have 2 cars in our family one I'm the named driver on and the other my mrs, her renewal has come through and it's crazy expensive so my question is can I have 2 different insurance policies where I'm the main policy holder and she is a named driver on both ??

As I understand it, most insurance companies don't allow you to use your no claims that you have accrued, as a main driver, on two different policies. The only company who allowed it were Allianz who described it as a mirroring policy. I dealt with this in 2015 and they were literally the only company I tried who would allow me to use my no claims on different policies concurrently. Otherwise it was use the full 8 years no claims and then be a main driver with literally no history, ie a new driver. My Mrs had only a year or so no claims so her charge as the main driver was quite high without me doing what I did.

One of the companies I found on a comparison site had a really good deal, so I chose them. I got an email telling me that my policy hadn't started until I called and spoke to someone (I assumed to confirm payment).

10 minutes of holding later I find myself talking to a call centre fudgewit who wants me to answer every single question again that I've already answered on the website. After 15 minutes of this, I'm then told that I had to hold whilst the underwriters verified the quote. After another 5 minutes of waiting I'm told that the underwriters are going to increase the policy by £125.

fudging tossers. It's not even the flimflam pricing that bothers me, it's the waste of my time. Word of warning - if someone starts taking you through the information you've already given them, give them 30 seconds to activate your policy or cancel it.
Jeez that's bricky. Hope this isn't a new 'tactic' you've uncovered?

I think there's been a sneaking up of prices too though. I think IPT increases are a convenient way to hide a price bump without seeming like the bad guys to consumers. My renewal (after shopping around) went from around £550 to £750 with no changes in circumstance.

I think you're right but what I will never understand is where is the loyalty for those who rarely make a claim even with the NCD taken into account. The NCD becomes negligible after so many years which appears to say to those careful drivers - it's time you made a claim!

Back