• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Birmingham

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Am staying there for 2 nights on Thursday and Friday as off to watch The Ashes
Anybody been fairly recently, if yes what's the nightlife like ??

Am staying there for 2 nights on Thursday and Friday as off to watch The Ashes
Anybody been fairly recently, if yes what's the nightlife like ??

Broad Street is the main strip. It's all chain bars, and surrounded by chain restaurants in places like the Mailbox and the Town Hall square. It's not especially interesting, but its compact and safe. Sanitised is the word I think

I've never really found a more alternative area. The Jewellery Quarter might be worth checking out - but I've only been there during the daytime. The gay quarter seems to have a bit more life to it, but I've only parked around there, rather than been out there (its not really my bag).

I wouldn't stay around the cricket ground any longer than necessary. IIRC its in one of the worse neighbourhoods.

I lived a stone’s throw from the cricket ground for most of the early 90s. Moseley night outs were always more appealing than trips into town.

Broad Street is the main strip. It's all chain bars, and surrounded by chain restaurants in places like the Mailbox and the Town Hall square. It's not especially interesting, but its compact and safe. Sanitised is the word I think

I've never really found a more alternative area. The Jewellery Quarter might be worth checking out - but I've only been there during the daytime. The gay quarter seems to have a bit more life to it, but I've only parked around there, rather than been out there (its not really my bag).

I wouldn't stay around the cricket ground any longer than necessary. IIRC its in one of the worse neighbourhoods.
CFc2mxNVAAAbORy.jpg

Decent curry

Rest is abit of a dumphole
Considering what a state that place was when I first started commuting up there 15 or so years ago, I think they've polished a turd pretty well.

There's been a lot of gentrification that's gone on on the centre around the canals and they do a reasonable job of keeping undesirables out. Whilst it's a million miles away from London or Paris, the shopping is acceptable (on the occasions I've forgotten to pack a shirt or trousers I've been able to get something decent without too much trouble), and there's a number of restaurants with stars there now. Some of them even deserve them.

If you want decent, Italian food for not a lot of money, Cielo is pretty good and their wine list isn't bad.

Can't comment on drinking, I always drank in the hotel as it's easier to tuck away in expenses that way. Those I know who did go out and drink pretty much always ended up in a strip club and were always disappointed.

I'll be on the tinkle for 2 nights after the cricket so nothing too high brow I would have thought haha

I'll be on the tinkle for 2 nights after the cricket so nothing too high brow I would have thought haha

The way the weather is forecasted maybe you could be spending all night and .....all day in a pub lol but looking at the forecast you could have picked the best days the rest could be a wash out....was thinking of getting a ticket for the fifth day,not looking good though...

The way the weather is forecasted maybe you could be spending all night and .....all day in a pub lol but looking at the forecast you could have picked the best days the rest could be a wash out....was thinking of getting a ticket for the fifth day,not looking good though...
Yeh Thursday was looking really ropey but looks ok now as is Friday, will no doubt change 1,000 times between now and then anyhow

Digbeth area is the hip and trendy place to go. It’s really nice down there and I saw Foals play there a few weeks back

Birmingham is a decent city and been well developed actually

Back