• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barton v Martin Samuel

Mike_T

Stephane Dalmat
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ay-hero--Martin-Samuel.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Could just one footballer please come out and be gay, so everybody can be really cool about it and the sport can get on with its life? Just one, it’s not much to ask surely?

Football is beginning to sound a little desperate with its pleading. Rugby, cricket, they’ve all had their gay watershed moment.

And until football does, too, it will continue to be presumed that the sport has not evolved enough to handle male homosexuality.
(Hope Powell, the manager of England’s women, has been openly gay for years, without comment, yet that does not seem to count.)

The gay pressure group, Stonewall, has called again for football to tackle its ‘culture of fear’, while Anders Lindegaard, the Manchester United goalkeeper, has said that football needs a ‘gay hero’.

So here’s a thought. Joey Barton continues his quest for intellectual and social respectability. Why not come out as gay?

Instant credibility, instant respect, untouchable by the Football Association or future employers. His past misdeeds mentally reprocessed and explained.

‘Well, of course he put his cigar out in that bloke’s face, Gary. He was a tortured soul, forced to live a lie.’

And imagine the new material. A never-ending treasure trove for Barton’s Twitter feed: Alexander the Great, Leonardo da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, Lady Bunny.

And, let’s face it, with that new accent, he’s probably halfway there.

And Joseph's comeback:

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton
I see Jim Royles giving it beans about my sexuality in the Daily Mail. Like thats anything to do with him. Can he say what he's said?
Sounds slightly bigoted and homophobic to me. Any legal-eagles out there know if he can get away with this?
My sexuality is of no concern to anyone except me and my family. Can't see the missus being happy about this piece.
Nor, would I like my child (when old enough) to read this tripe. Shoddy journalism
I will probably have to sue. I don't really need the money or the hassle. So I offer this as a olive branch
Actually, no. Theres no olive branch. Enough's enough.
Its just wrong and a little bit weird why he would write this
In light of the Leveson enquiry, it seems a strange thing to print. I mean I have never even met the guy. He doesn't know me. Shocking

1st round KO by Barton.

Not really though is it.

I hate Samuel the fat west ham prick but what he said about barton trying to become respectable and if he came out as gay people would feel less inclined to argue with him well he is right. It raised a slight chuckle with me but nothing more, fact is neither of them are very good at their jobs.

But... Barton isn't gay. Nor has it ever been speculated he is.

So why even bring him up as an example? and presumably without his permission.

Not really though is it.

I hate Samuel the fat west ham prick but what he said about barton trying to become respectable and if he came out as gay people would feel less inclined to argue with him well he is right. It raised a slight chuckle with me but nothing more, fact is neither of them are very good at their jobs.

Really?
How/why does it matter about someone's sexuality if they are right or wrong? Can't think of any situations where I'd concede a discussion or an argument because of someone's sexuality. Because it isn't an issue.

Fatuous article by a fat taco.

The way i read was that samuel was making out people would be more sympathetic to barton if he came out as gay, that barton is such a scumbag that he would have to come out as gay for people to find him nice. Because people go out of their way to be PC and say they have a "gay" friend. Did not read it as Samuel saying he was gay.

For me to like barton and think he was alright he would have to go and give all his money to charity and live in a budhist retreat fr 10 years then i would accept he had changed, also get rid of that fudging horrible northern accent.

Odd perspective to have on the French accent. Possibly deserving of some taunting.... in his general direction.

Yes, exactly. It's just so random and strange.

How would you like it if you're getting on with your life and some journo writes a piece saying you should come out and declare yourself as being gay? I mean what went through that fat twunt's head when he decided to write this junk? What is the last line meant to mean as well? That a French accent is similar to that of a gay guy's?

The way i read was that samuel was making out people would be more sympathetic to barton if he came out as gay, that barton is such a scumbag that he would have to come out as gay for people to find him nice. Because people go out of their way to be PC and say they have a "gay" friend. Did not read it as Samuel saying he was gay.

For me to like barton and think he was alright he would have to go and give all his money to charity and live in a budhist retreat fr 10 years then i would accept he had changed, also get rid of that fudging horrible northern accent.

I'm not suggesting he is accusing Barton.

Just that to write something like this, without Barton's permission to name him as an example (judging by the response), is both bizarre and ill advised. Why write it in the first place? what purpose does it serve? if anything, this type of coverage makes light of the topic and contributes to making it worse.

Barton's quest to be intellectual and socially responsible - firstly, is he on a quest? or is he just sharing things he finds interesting? It's ok to be intellectual and have a voice if you're gay as well because people accept that? but not if you aren't? I just find the piece very strange. Barton could be black and disabled too if it helps? or if it just makes a mockery of all of the causes, perhaps.

And then to say the accent makes him halfway gay?!

I just don't get what he's trying to achieve. It isn't funny or even really controversial, just mindless and pointless.

Agreed. What editor in his right mind would ever think about publishing an article like that, let alone the writer having nothing better to do than write that steaming pile? It's not like we're in the middle of the season of there might be an actual game of football to report on! That's some weird brick man...

Yes, exactly. It's just so random and strange.

How would you like it if you're getting on with your life and some journo writes a piece saying you should come out and declare yourself as being gay? I mean what went through that fat twunt's head when he decided to write this junk? What is the last line meant to mean as well? That a French accent is similar to that of a gay guy's?

well it is what i expect of someone who writes for the mail which has always been keen to shock but not so overtly like the red tops, crap paper crap story. But i think Samuels was saying he would find barton less toxic if he came out and admitted he was gay.

How would i feel if someone wrote something like thaat about me? would laugh it off and say maybe my dress sense would improve if i was actually gay or maybe i wouldd get a new female best friend. I would try to find something witty, but barton being the scumbag he is goes straight to the sue line because that is all people of his ilk tthink of.

As i said to people who are crap at their jobs but Samuel the fat west ham fan is the less offensive of the two and that is saying something.

I'm not suggesting he is accusing Barton.

Just that to write something like this, without Barton's permission to name him as an example (judging by the response), is both bizarre and ill advised. Why write it in the first place? what purpose does it serve? if anything, this type of coverage makes light of the topic and contributes to making it worse.

Barton's quest to be intellectual and socially responsible - firstly, is he on a quest? or is he just sharing things he finds interesting? It's ok to be intellectual and have a voice if you're gay as well because people accept that? but not if you aren't? I just find the piece very strange. Barton could be black and disabled too if it helps? or if it just makes a mockery of all of the causes, perhaps.

And then to say the accent makes him halfway gay?!

I just don't get what he's trying to achieve. It isn't funny or even really controversial, just mindless and pointless.

Well im not on twitter but from what i understand from people that are he is on some sort of rebranding quest, might be easier if he came out as a gay, i would feel more tolerable towards him. He could admit that him being a thug was all to do with his guilt at his sexual feelings. Then he could become the nations darling like cheryl cole.

For the record i hate all this people and i hate that it looks like im standing up for Samuel and the mail a paper that tries to ban wheelie bins(something i lvoe cos they stop foxes)

Well im not on twitter but from what i understand from people that are he is on some sort of rebranding quest, might be easier if he came out as a gay, i would feel more tolerable towards him. He could admit that him being a thug was all to do with his guilt at his sexual feelings. Then he could become the nations darling like cheryl cole.

For the record i hate all this people and i hate that it looks like im standing up for Samuel and the mail a paper that tries to ban wheelie bins(something i lvoe cos they stop foxes)

Wait, people actually like cheryl cole?

but why would you feel this way? being gay doesn't make a difference really, in the Mail's eyes it does because gay people are lesser human beings than everyone else and it's ok for female footballers to be gay because it's a man's game and girls who play must be lesbians. Ah, he can be a cnut, but he's gay so it's ok?!

If anything it demeans genuine gay footballers, this sort of brick is why people live in secret.

I know what you mean, I don't think you are defending anyone... it's just so odd to print. From conception in the meeting room to lunchtime typing to afternoon editorial approval. Someone should have thought 'er..' and stopped it.

but why would you feel this way? being gay doesn't make a difference really, in the Mail's eyes it does because gay people are lesser human beings than everyone else and it's ok for female footballers to be gay because it's a man's game and girls who play must be lesbians. Ah, he can be a cnut, but he's gay so it's ok?!

If anything it demeans genuine gay footballers, this sort of brick is why people live in secret.

I know what you mean, I don't think you are defending anyone... it's just so odd to print. From conception in the meeting room to lunchtime typing to afternoon editorial approval. Someone should have thought 'er..' and stopped it.

Yeah i think the mail are playing on the whole Political correctness thing about you try extra hard to be friends with gays or blacks so if barton who i think will all agree is scum came out as gay you would make more of an effort to like him. Not agreeing with that part but i think that is th epoint the fat spammer is trying to make.

I'm shocked the actual jibe at Barton has got past most of you.
Samuel is playing on Barton's fake public persona.
Barton will do anything to appear to an 'intellectual' retweeting quotes and lyrics like a 15 year old.
Barton has tried to rebrand himself for whatever reason, maybe he just wants to be liked.

Barton adopting next a gay persona like a teenage girl that decides it would be cool be gay for a week is a play on this. Also it is nicely linked into the gaping lack of gay footballers. And most fabulously of all it would actually be the last thing he would do, because we all know the thug behind the mask would actually recoil at the idea of homosexuality.

Back