• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I don’t believe the lack of Spanish narrative, he tweets in Spanish all the time and I’ve seen interviews he conducts in Spanish, plenty on YouTube if anyone wants a look.

Maybe it's just the accent. People from west Wales sometimes need subtitling even when they are speaking in English.

Perhaps he's fluent in Spanish but no one can hear. Kind of a Cassandra thing

If a team mate had helped you to collect four CL winners medals proudly displayed in your house, you'd think you'd forgive them not being fluent in Spanish, it's not like they can't communicate with English (not an excuse, just stating it's not the be all).
Or it could be, that if Madrid want you out, they instruct their players to spread gossip, in much the same way they do when they want to buy someone. You really do sell your soul going to that club.
I believe his Spanish is OK - certainly as good as my French and I can get by there just fine.

I think the bigger problem is that he needs the more technical explanations in English and Zidane flat out refuses to speak the language that the whole footballing world speaks (from what I hear).

I don’t believe the lack of Spanish narrative, he tweets in Spanish all the time and I’ve seen interviews he conducts in Spanish, plenty on YouTube if anyone wants a look.
Also saw pictures the other day of him sitting on the bench sharing a joke with the players. Whenever he scores, he is always well congratulated from the players and appears a well liked player. Personally always thought its a load of nonsense....

I believe his Spanish is OK - certainly as good as my French and I can get by there just fine.

I think the bigger problem is that he needs the more technical explanations in English and Zidane flat out refuses to speak the language that the whole footballing world speaks (from what I hear).

If ZZ was that smart the only instruction he’d need is “give it to Bale”.

I personally think Real Madrid have solely blocked the transfer to stop him earning £1m a week.

Some people simply have a block when it comes to learning a foreign language, and just can't assimilate the grammar, vocab etc. It doesn't necessarily mean they are lazy or can't be bothered.
I'm sure Bale has enough of the basics to get by day-to-day, but even after 6 years it's feasible that he's not fluent. He could be living there till he dies and not be fluent or comfortable speaking the language publicly.
Seems like an easy stick to beat him with.

I personally think Real Madrid have solely blocked the transfer to stop him earning £1m a week.
That's what I thought. They wavered the fee 'cos no one would stump up the wages. Now someone has increased his wages, they're like "Where's our cut!"

Here's the real reason for the about turn ....It's not financial and it's not personal between Zidane and Bale..

I know it were only a pre-season friendly, but after that 7-3 tonking to their city rivals, Zidane has decided that he needs Bale for the semi-final on Tuesday against the mighty Spurs. He now sees the Audi Cup as his best chance to win silverware this season.:D

On a serious note... Apart from the all white kit and the odd team performances I've seen from them over the years, I hate everything about them. They're a soulless club, that has a Mount Everest sized debt giving them an unfair advantage. They're forever racked in political internal struggles. They have a playing staff filled with entitled drama queens, as are their fanbase. They're a shambles, basket case of a club.

Some people simply have a block when it comes to learning a foreign language, and just can't assimilate the grammar, vocab etc. It doesn't necessarily mean they are lazy or can't be bothered.
I'm sure Bale has enough of the basics to get by day-to-day, but even after 6 years it's feasible that he's not fluent. He could be living there till he dies and not be fluent or comfortable speaking the language publicly.
Seems like an easy stick to beat him with.
Especially when Zidane can't/won't speak English. Seeing as English is still the international language, that's unforgivable for someone working in a multilingual environment.

Especially when Zidane can't/won't speak English. Seeing as English is still the international language, that's unforgivable for someone working in a multilingual environment.

That and also the fact he's nothing tactically special, I see him struggling and perhaps bale ing:cool: out mid season...

I think a player being able to communicate in the native language should be expected, even more so when he has been there for 6 years and is on the amount he is on.

It just comes across as arrogance and laziness.

We are assuming he can't speak Spanish at all though, I heard on the radio that he can communicate well in Spanish when he is out and about but he's just not confident enough to use it in interviews etc. Now I don't think that means he was at Poch level of English when he was choosing not speak in Press conferences but I am sure the reality is somewhere in the middle.

Back