1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Amor, 6 Oct 2013.

1. Amor

Amor Nicola Berti

Whatever happened to that guy?:-k

2. Daisuk

Daisuk Pedro Mendes

Poor man's Andros Townsend. :-"

3. Superted

Superted Jonathan Woodgate

Cheeky bid?

4. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Mauricio Taricco

I think Bale's refusal to train with us in pre-season is costing him badly now as he is not match-fit yet.

5. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Amended

6. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Steve Sedgley

Well I have no sympathy for him right now, but do thank him for the 5 players we got in his place

7. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Jack Jull

Did anyone read that piece in the week it was on the tottenham newsnow page, it was an article in Marca ****ging him off, made me laugh. Maybe the Spainish are like the Americans and do not do irony.

8. GGyid

GGyid Espen Baardsen

Jimmy Greaves - greatest Spurs player ever
    A record signing from Tottenham Hotspur, Gareth Bale is unbelievably attracting a small dose of criticism in Madrid already.

Gareth Bale's move from Tottenham Hotspur to Real Madrid was the big story which dominated the summer transfer window, culminating in a world record transfer.

When it came to media coverage, Spanish newspaper Marca was the outlet which shouted loudest - vociferous in trying to unsettle the player and undermine Tottenham's attempts to keep him.

So it should come as a surprise - or perhaps it's inevitable really - that a journalist from the publication is the first to question Bale's aptitude to Madrid.

Quickly some context; Bale has had a stop-start beginning to his Madrid career due to fitness issues, scoring on his debut against Villareal - but has not started the three following games. Bale came on as a substitute in the second half against rival Atletico Madrid, but could not spark them into avoiding a 1-0 defeat.

In a time of mini-crisis at the Bernabeu, which occur all-too regularly, Marca's assistant editor Santiago Segurola has questioned whether Madrid invested their money wisely.

He writes: "I might be wrong, because Gareth Bale has joined late and has barely had a pre-season, but he seems to be a one-dimensional player, who is not so involved in the dynamic side of the game."

He prefaced this by criticising the sale of Mesut Ozil to Arsenal, stating: "The sale of Ozil is an historic error. Real Madrid has got rid of its second best player. He's a 24-year-old player who bought out the best in everyone around him, especially Cristiano Ronaldo."

It's real knee-jerk reaction comment, but Bale's ineffectual display in the derby was also picked up on by Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo.

Jouralist Jesus Galindo wrote: "The man who cost just € 101 million contributed nothing to the team in its debut in the derby.

"He showed desire, but lacked speed, one of his main features, and did not look comfortable on the right wing, where he had been placed by Carlo Ancelotti. His attacking edge was limited to a left-foot shot from the edge of the area stopped by Courtois.

"Besides that drew applause from the stands when they saw him on the field, otherwise Bale debut at the Bernabeu went virtually unnoticed . The 101 million euros that Florentino Perez invested his signing , were not reflected in his game.

"Although it is too early to make any assessment of Bale, on Saturday, to the disappointment of the fans to see the poor image provided by your computer, some doubt the Welshman and whether the investment is worth it."

9. chancer

chancer Gudni Bergsson

Insofar as I can feel sorry for a multi millionaire idol footballer (which isn't very far), I do feel sorry for him.

First, in a personal sense with his wife and new baby, who are known as home-birds. Must be tough for them in a strange city where they don't know anyone.

In a professional sense, nothing less than his full Spurs form will do now for the Madrid fans and media. We know that those questioning his ability are wrong - not only was he explosive for Spurs the last couple of seasons, he was incredibly consistent. Game in, game out, he performed. But actually producing that now seems a massive uphill task. He can do it, but every day that passes makes the task more difficult.

10. mudshark

mudshark Jermaine Jenas

The essence of tragedy is its avoidability. All too predictable, unfortunately.

11. Superted

Superted Jonathan Woodgate

You just know he'll return to the Premier League with his tail between legs and sign for his boyhood club next season ...

12. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Johnny Morrison

I still can't stand the guy. I appreciate what he did for us but knowing that it's all been selfishly orientated takes some of the moments away.

When he celebrated the winner v West Ham, with AVB, the happiness seemed to suggest his happiness at being with the club and the win we had produced. Now I feel it was just self smugness as he was thinking 'look how good I am!!'.

Hoping Real Madrid fail miserably this season. And Bale turns out to be the biggest waste of money since Denilson arrived in Spain for Real Betis.

13. Danners9

Danners9 Luke Young

He'll do ok, sell lots of shirts, get a lot of media coverage, be criticised for not living up to the price tag, the team will finish 2nd and get knocked out in the CL. Same as almost all RM teams in the last *few* years.

The reality of playing for Real Madrid. Top of the league in merch sales, 2nd in the actual football league and not enough of a team to win the big cup.

14. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Mauricio Taricco

I think Bale has age in his favour. He is only 24 now and even if he doesn't perform at Real for 1-2 years, he still have plenty of years to prove his worth. But not sure how long Real and their fans will be patience with him.

15. Robbo

Robbo Pat van den Hauwe

Wasn't he the guy who singlehandedly gave us a 3-2 win over West Ham and while back....?

16. Stiff_Swede

Stiff_Swede Clive Wilson

Yeah I miss him alot.

17. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Rafael Van Der Vaart

Jinx.

18. billyiddo

billyiddo Jimmy Cantrell Staff Member

slipped disc, surgery and out for 4 months apparently

19. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Christian Ziege

20. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Steve Sedgley

I dont think his back has been the same since he got that injury at Everton a few years back when he played on and really should have gone off