• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Advice : External Hard Drive Wanted

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Any advice on the above please chaps

Me and the mrs want to copy our family piccies from our phones and our laptop onto a more safe external hardrive

Only really want to spend about £50 tops, any recommendations ??

ok, i'd be tempted to spend the money in an online backup service (like Backblaze or Crashplan) then, having local backups is great, but if an event wrecks your computer it might well wreck other things in the vicinity

Anyone can hack into them though.

Personally I have pairs of passport drives, with one kept at a different location

I use Seagate I TB ones and have always found them fine:

Cloud storage. It's secure there in terms of not being lost/corrupted, but anyone with a bit of nous can have a poke around. It's where all the celebrity nude photos get taken from for example.

Even the service providers themselves claim rights to access and use anything you upload (see small print)

They are completely banned at my work for confidentiality reasons

Cloud storage. It's secure there in terms of not being lost/corrupted, but anyone with a bit of nous can have a poke around. It's where all the celebrity nude photos get taken from for example.

Even the service providers themselves claim rights to access and use anything you upload (see small print)

They are completely banned at my work for confidentiality reasons

No, the nudes came from weak passwords and ill judged security questions.

I'm not talking about shoddy free services I'm talking about paid for professional backup solutions where you set your own encryption keys, its standard practice now to use such services for corporate endpoint backup.

Back