• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

advice about books please

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I finished reading Relentless that I was brought for xmas, I would like some recommendations on books that you guys have read about positive mental attitude.

I have seen a book called legacy, anyone read it?

There is a book called Personal Best by Marc Woods. He is Paralympic multiple gold medal winning swimmer. He got bone cancer as teenager and had a leg amputated from the knee down. He has also done a fair bit of climbing, Himalayan trekking, competing in the South Pole anniversary race etc.

The book is an interesting account of how someone managed to keep a positive frame of mind through difficult times, and motivate himself to go on and train and compete at a high level regardless of his disability. The book isn't a hard sell either, more of a "I've done Ok despite some setbacks, it's not been that easy though, here's some things I discovered along the way if you are interested, if not no problem". It's a quick read too -which is always useful.

There is a book called Personal Best by Marc Woods. He is Paralympic multiple gold medal winning swimmer. He got bone cancer as teenager and had a leg amputated from the knee down. He has also done a fair bit of climbing, Himalayan trekking, competing in the South Pole anniversary race etc.

The book is an interesting account of how someone managed to keep a positive frame of mind through difficult times, and motivate himself to go on and train and compete at a high level regardless of his disability. The book isn't a hard sell either, more of a "I've done Ok despite some setbacks, it's not been that easy though, here's some things I discovered along the way if you are interested, if not no problem". It's a quick read too -which is always useful.

Thanks I will also have a read of this, I am reading some blogs on people who have overcome problems and I am liking and getting a lot from them.

'Bounce' by Matthew Syed. We have used it to help build an open and positive mindset in staff and pupils in the school that I work in. It's very accessible. Hope you enjoy it!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Man's search for meaning is a lovely book. Fairly quick and engaging read too. Frankl was a psychiatrist who survived the holocaust and wrote extensively on finding meaning in life.

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but hearing very good things about the happiness trap by Russ Harris. As the title indicates it disagrees strongly with the fairly strong idea in our culture that one should be happy all the time.

Back