• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue...

nayeeem

John Piercy
The last time they all played together was the Stoke game which now looks like it was the nadir of our season (hopefully, anyway). Since then Capoue has made a subs appearance in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine cup game and Kaboul played in Turkey, both games several weeks ago. Adebayor hasn't been seen at all.

I know it's been said that these three were identified as the bad apples and have been frozen out since some kind of confrontation took place and the fact that we've been on a very good run since their disappearance suggests that they maybe were the malign influences that were leading to our regular moribund appearances. (Surprised at Kabul though who, pre-Poch, always seemed like a good, committed pro).

But is there any ITK that I've missed regarding the real story here? And is there any prospect of offloading any of them before February? I mean, they're not **** players are they?

adebayor stands out for his family issues that poch pointed out. i don't think there was anything official about kaboul and capoue, and i think i saw them on the bench even while not starting.

According to 'Ahem' ITK 'Ahem' apparently we haven't had any interest in any of these 3 yet. I wonder if they will all end up getting deadline day loan deals til then end of the season somewhere.

Some idiots with cash on hip will swoop regardless of injuries and form......QPR, Palace, West Brom

Capoue isnt as bad as is made out on here and will easily have suitors if Levy values him reasonably (how likel that is I dont know), Ade will be difficult to get rid of because of wages and Kaboul just isnt that good anymore - but could still see a lower PL team taking a punt on him....

Read something somewhere this morning about a Turkish team wanting Kaboul, see ya later Younes

I think Ade and Kaboul will end up at QPR. Both are out of contract in June (unless we option to extend), so will either go cheaply (they only cost £14m combined in the first place) or a loan will effectively be releasing them. Alternatively somewhere like Turkey might appeal to Ade, while Kaboul really needs to move to a slower-paced league the way he's been struggling the past 2 years.

I think Capoue has a good reputation in France (he was in the national team until the emergence of Schneiderlin 9 months ago), so should have decent value either there or maybe Italy. I'm sure we could get £7-8m for him.

The latest reports are that Lennon has fallen back into this group too. I guess Hull is the obvious destination for him (hook back up with Huddlestone and co., and near his family home in Leeds).

Capoue isnt as bad as is made out on here and will easily have suitors if Levy values him reasonably (how likel that is I dont know), Ade will be difficult to get rid of because of wages and Kaboul just isnt that good anymore - but could still see a lower PL team taking a punt on him....

I actually rate him, from what I saw of him pre injury I saw enough to think there should be others in front of him for the door.

The problem is he does not seem to fit in the plan so seems wise to free up funds for someone else

Kaboul's consistency has dropped but I look back to his performance against scum which was a masterclass hard to see how he fell off a cliff so badly. Anyway with him he has been a good servant a la Lennon but I think for all parties may be worth moving on unless we think we need them until the summer for cover.

Capoue can get lost he has never looked good enough for me. Just a big brut with no skill and questionable positional sense.

Ade is the one which I am reluctant to let go for no other reason then we have absolutely no cover for Kane. Soldado has looked by and large **** as usual and when he has looked decent he has been partnered by Kane. I really shiver at the fact of seeing him lead the line on his own down the homes stretch if something happens to Kane. Ade seems to have a ton of personal issues going on right now (black cloud tends to follow him) but unless we get in another striker I can't see how we can expect to go the final 4 months with just Kane and Soldado as striking options.

I have said in other threads I am not expecting us to break the bank in bringing in another striker but we absolutely need to buy at least a body we can throw up top in a pinch. Anyone really I mean I would settle for a Rasiak type buy but we just need another striker.

Kaboul's consistency has dropped but I look back to his performance against scum which was a masterclass hard to see how he fell off a cliff so badly. Anyway with him he has been a good servant a la Lennon but I think for all parties may be worth moving on unless we think we need them until the summer for cover.

Capoue can get lost he has never looked good enough for me. Just a big brut with no skill and questionable positional sense.

Ade is the one which I am reluctant to let go for no other reason then we have absolutely no cover for Kane. Soldado has looked by and large **** as usual and when he has looked decent he has been partnered by Kane. I really shiver at the fact of seeing him lead the line on his own down the homes stretch if something happens to Kane. Ade seems to have a ton of personal issues going on right now (black cloud tends to follow him) but unless we get in another striker I can't see how we can expect to go the final 4 months with just Kane and Soldado as striking options.

I have said in other threads I am not expecting us to break the bank in bringing in another striker but we absolutely need to buy at least a body we can throw up top in a pinch. Anyone really I mean I would settle for a Rasiak type buy but we just need another striker.

The last thing we need is next season's deadwood.

Irrespective of the Ade/Capoue/Kaboul incident, Kaboul hasnt been the same player since he picked up that run of injuries. Before them he was always relatively mobile for a big man and dominated things aerially - the thing which struck me about him earlier in the seaon was that he seemed to have lost his spring and didnt win many headers. I wouldnt therefore keep him even if the incidient hadnt occured as he didnt look up to the task

Ade is Ade - we've always been expecting this so its no surprise.

To me, Capoue doesnt look good enough but then again neither does Stambouli

I don't think any of the 3 are bad players at all. I think we have got to a point where players are suited to Pochettino's style, not only in their attributes but their mentality. They were 3 senior pro's before they were dropped. PL experience too.

I think Kaboul will probably have a few suitors who would like to bring in his experience. I could see a few of the lower placed PL clubs wanting him along with a few teams from the second tier leagues around Europe. Wages could be the problem.

Adebayor would have a number of suitors both in England and overseas. On numerous occasions he has proven himself as a very good centre forward and any manager who can get his head right will be rewarded (even if only for a short period). Of course the issue, again, is wages.

Capoue I think is the worst central midfield player I have ever seen playing for THFC. A complete waste of a player on the pitch, you might as well play with 10 men. Perhaps in France standing in between the two centre halves and exchanging passes with them and the full backs and then going missing when the opposition attack serves some sort of purpose. However here in England it doesn't. Perhaps there is a team out there who will look at his 'pass completion stats' and buy him without actually having watched him and realising that 99% of those passes are completely pointless. It is probably only the fact that Soldado's transfer fee was more than twice Capoue's that stops Capoue being our worst transfer signing ever.

Personally I wouldn't mind one bit if we simply cut our losses and moved all three on free transfers. The fact that they probably earn close to £200,000 a week between them means that it's likely we'll have to do so in order to get rid of them.

I watched Townsend, Onomah, Dier, Naughton and Capoue during half time warm up last night.

You could see Naughton (which surprised me) and Capoue were doing the warm up half hearted. The difference compared to Townsend and the others was blatant. After the warm up Naughton and Capoue just kicked long balls to each other, while the other 3 did close one touch passing. I dont know coach who was out warming them up looked about mid 30's. I would be surprised if he didnt report back to POCH that Naughton and Capoue just ****ed about really at half time.

We knew before POCH took over that working hard was what he expected, you only had to read that very good interview with Schneiderlin last season. Rose came out recently saying training is hard but if you work hard the manager rewards you. I think some players believe they can just walk into this Spurs team without much effort.

I think Kaboul will probably have a few suitors who would like to bring in his experience. I could see a few of the lower placed PL clubs wanting him along with a few teams from the second tier leagues around Europe. Wages could be the problem.

Adebayor would have a number of suitors both in England and overseas. On numerous occasions he has proven himself as a very good centre forward and any manager who can get his head right will be rewarded (even if only for a short period). Of course the issue, again, is wages.

Capoue I think is the worst central midfield player I have ever seen playing for THFC. A complete waste of a player on the pitch, you might as well play with 10 men. Perhaps in France standing in between the two centre halves and exchanging passes with them and the full backs and then going missing when the opposition attack serves some sort of purpose. However here in England it doesn't. Perhaps there is a team out there who will look at his 'pass completion stats' and buy him without actually having watched him and realising that 99% of those passes are completely pointless. It is probably only the fact that Soldado's transfer fee was more than twice Capoue's that stops Capoue being our worst transfer signing ever.

Personally I wouldn't mind one bit if we simply cut our losses and moved all three on free transfers. The fact that they probably earn close to £200,000 a week between them means that it's likely we'll have to do so in order to get rid of them.

Thats one of the fairest assessments of Capoue I have read on this board. Completely agree.

I think lower PL teams might look at Kaboul, but they should stay well clear. The last thing a relegation threatened team needs is someone like Kaboul, who is neither solid nor has required concentration levels. Teams at the bottom scrap for every point. He will only be further exposed with players of less quality around him. He'll continue making mistakes, getting red cards, running the ball needlessly out of defence and popping up on the wing trying to put in crosses.

Thats the polar opposite of what teams at hte bottom need. They need focussed, committed, honest professionals who focus and stick to their task despite technical deficiencies. I think a player like Kaboul could sink a side like Burnley, who are scrapping desparately to just about keep their heads above water.

In the absence of Kane, it would be nice to see Soldado partnered by a Chadli, Eriksen or even Lamela. He's only ever really been isolated (under AVB) or played in front of (usually) Paulinho.

I'd rather recall Coulthirst, or promote Miller or Oduwa, than buy more deadwood of the near future.

I don't think any of the 3 are bad players at all. I think we have got to a point where players are suited to Pochettino's style, not only in their attributes but their mentality. They were 3 senior pro's before they were dropped. PL experience too.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they are all big lumbering players. Poch seems to need dynamic, high energy players. Kane, Mason and Bentaleb are muscular, but don't carry a pound of weight.

Kaboul and Ade are nearing the final year of their contracts and they both know, that they're not going to get improved terms on new contracts with us . Above all else , this I believe is the main reason for their poor performances.

Capoue is in the team to offer protection to the back line, but we've seen he's not mobile enough and I can see us offloading and replacing him with someone like Fabian Delph.

As Finney says in his post #14 - it's costing us something in the region of £200,000 per week/£10m per year in wages so Levy needs to go easy on his transfer fee demands.

In the absence of Kane, it would be nice to see Soldado partnered by a Chadli, Eriksen or even Lamela. He's only ever really been isolated (under AVB) or played in front of (usually) Paulinho.

I'd rather recall Coulthirst, or promote Miller or Oduwa, than buy more deadwood of the near future.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they are all big lumbering players. Poch seems to need dynamic, high energy players. Kane, Mason and Bentaleb are muscular, but don't carry a pound of weight.

I am fine with giving one of the young strikers a chance. Coulthirst has already had a small taste but we must have somebody. If we did sign somebody from the championship for a temporary stop gap I don't think it would be huge payout. They wouldn't demand high wages and probably not cost a heck of a lot.

As for Soldado playing in front of Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen I am certain he has many a times especially last season and we and him looked dire

Back