• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

West Ham United - match ratings

milo

Jack L. Jones
milo submitted a new blog post

West Ham United - match ratings

The results are in

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:
Lloris 4
Walker 4
Rose 6 Marked up for the fluke goal.
Vertonghen 4
Dier 4
Dembele 3
Mason 6
Bentaleb 6
Lamela 6.5
Townsend 4
Kane 6.5

Lloris - 6

Walker - 5
Dier - 5
Vertonghen - 6
Rose - 6.5

Townsend - 4
Mason - 4.5
Bentaleb - 7
Lamela - 6.5

Dembele - 5
Kane - 6

--

Eriksen - 4
Soldado - 5
Chadli - 5

Hugo Loris (the owl) - Not his usual self, a bit flappy, couldn't do much about the header but he will be dissapointed (and rightly so with conceding the 2nd) - 5

Kyle Walker(the meerkat) - stop cutting back in decent areas....practice low whipped crosses between gk and defence....defensive wise ok - 6
Jan Vertonghen (the polar bear) - Ok I guess some nervous moments, can play much better..he and Dier still have lots to improve as a pairing - 6
Eric Dier (the otter) - same comments as Jan....has potential...needs to improve passing from the back - 6
Danny Rose (the frog) - defensively ok...culpable a bit for 2nd goal...still kudos for getting us back in the game - 6

Nabil Bentaleb(The racoon) - this boy started amazing then faded a bit...should score more...unlucky with shot first half - 6
Ryan Mason(the squirrel) - again started well then faded, he and Bentaleb will keep getting better though - 6
Erik Lamela (the fox) - to all people moaning, watch the game back and notice he was trying hardest and popping up in great positions, can do more - 6
Andros Townsend (The Sloth) - Pretty bad really, touch passing....I hoped he would woof but all we got was a whimper - 4

Moussa Dembele - (the grizzly bear) - Just awful really, their first goal and offered nothing...a player who should be doing much better - 3

Harry Kane - (the antelope) - not on of his better displays should have put us 1 up, was missing in the game for long spells. - 6

Subs

Christian Eriksen - (the mouse) - didnt really effect the 2nd half, poor passing, we need more - 5
Roberto Soldado - (the eagle) - Didnt do anything other than a lovely shot with outside of foot - 5
Nacer Chadli - (the hippo) - Not enough time to do anything really - 5

Poch - 5 Cannot be to critical but I feel BFS got us back in the game with poor subs.....we really need to dig deep this week. come on poch.

Lloris - 6.5
Walker - 5
Dier - 6
Verts - 6
Rose - 6.5
Mason - 6
Bentaleb - 6
Lamela - 4
Dembélé - 3.5
Townsend - 5
Kane - 6 (up from 5 due to goal)

Eriksen - 5
Chadli - 5
Soldado - 5

Poch - 4 Needs another plan for when people pack the midfield and double up the wings.

Hugo Loris (the owl) - Not his usual self, a bit flappy, couldn't do much about the header but he will be dissapointed (and rightly so with conceding the 2nd) - 5

Kyle Walker(the meerkat) - stop cutting back in decent areas....practice low whipped crosses between gk and defence....defensive wise ok - 6
Jan Vertonghen (the polar bear) - Ok I guess some nervous moments, can play much better..he and Dier still have lots to improve as a pairing - 6
Eric Dier (the otter) - same comments as Jan....has potential...needs to improve passing from the back - 6
Danny Rose (the frog) - defensively ok...culpable a bit for 2nd goal...still kudos for getting us back in the game - 6

Nabil Bentaleb(The racoon) - this boy started amazing then faded a bit...should score more...unlucky with shot first half - 6
Ryan Mason(the squirrel) - again started well then faded, he and Bentaleb will keep getting better though - 6
Erik Lamela (the fox) - to all people moaning, watch the game back and notice he was trying hardest and popping up in great positions, can do more - 6
Andros Townsend (The Sloth) - Pretty bad really, touch passing....I hoped he would woof but all we got was a whimper - 4

Moussa Dembele - (the grizzly bear) - Just awful really, their first goal and offered nothing...a player who should be doing much better - 3

Harry Kane - (the antelope) - not on of his better displays should have put us 1 up, was missing in the game for long spells. - 6

Subs

Christian Eriksen - (the mouse) - didnt really effect the 2nd half, poor passing, we need more - 5
Roberto Soldado - (the eagle) - Didnt do anything other than a lovely shot with outside of foot - 5
Nacer Chadli - (the hippo) - Not enough time to do anything really - 5

Poch - 5 Cannot be to critical but I feel BFS got us back in the game with poor subs.....we really need to dig deep this week. come on poch.

Holtby rubs his socks off and is much more effective than Lamela.

Lamela has some way to go still but he is a good fit for Poch's system and sticks to the task. Holtby would be great if he had the same discipline.

Lamela has some way to go still but he is a good fit for Poch's system and sticks to the task. Holtby would be great if he had the same discipline.
Agree with that. We have to persevere with Lamela. He had a good 2nd half today.

Thing is I will criticise Lamela when he does have a stinker...I do feel like he is an easy target round here for criticism though. It is my opinion that he can do so much more, he should be scoring more and effecting games more.

However if anyone can convince me that he was worse than Moose or Townsend today then I am all ears. In fact he was the only one behind Kane who I could see making himself available for the ball, finding dangerous areas to run into and pressing effectivly. I also noticed today his passing was much quicker today though I accept it was not always accurate.

None of the team played particulary well but I would pick Eric out as one of the better peformers....no way he should have been hooked at ht.

I would like to see Holtby come back, I would rather see him in cm than say Aunty Pauline. would like to see him and Nabil fight it out for the lcm spot....though I think Bentaleb is and will grow to be far superior to Holtby.

allardyce 8
poch 5

we the better team, for long periods, played worse than a lesser team. that is all.

But then a team in a much better match position than the other with less than 10 minutes to go ended up drawing. I'd say Poch earned his bacon today. You can't as a manager help it if your set-up first team play under par. What you can do is make changes to turn around a bad position and instill a never give up mentality.

Lloris - 5. Weirdly bad game from Lloris, didn't seem to come off his line like normal, same with corners too
Walker - 5. Gave the ball away a lot. Again, not a great game from him at all.
Dier - 7. Actually he looks pretty good, same with Jan, though we let two awful goals but how much because of them? I was at the game and sometimes it's hard to see. But in general I thought he was good, positive play forward too.
Jan - 6.5. Solid game. Quite invisible a lot of the tim, unlike him.
Bentaleb - 7.5 Another really solid performance. Great defensively, good passer, creative, controllerd.
Mason - 5.5. Gave the ball away for NO REASON WHATSOEVER which led to their first goal. Lots of terrible shots - who was it who said he had a good shot when I said it was awful? The guy has a terrible shot on him.
Lamela - 6.5. Again, not quite working for him, but he works so hard, always tries to be positive and still one of our better players. Just hope this isn't it, and there is the ability to kick on with him.
Dembele - 5. Worst game in a long long time.
Townsend - 5. Terrible. Simply not good enough.
Kane - 6.5. Tricky one. I actually thought he was pretty bad today, but he kept going, won the penalty, got a goal. But really his performance was 5.5

Eeriness came on an continued the pattern of sloppiness, but still way more involved than any of our other attacking players.
Chadli didn't do much. Soldered had a great shot, but not much more.

In general we looked so so much better when Mason and Andros went off. Would really like neither to start the final please!!!

Lloris 7 - couple of critical saves - how often we say that

Walker 6 - decent defensively but crosses into the box lacked threat
Dier 6 - solid except he and Verts allowed Kouyate too much space for WHU's first
Verts 6 - see Dier
Rose 7 - impressive going forward, unlucky with effort just over the bar

Bentaleb 7 - Spurs' MotM, controlled midfield
Mason 7 - combined well with Bentaled and battled well

Townsend 5 - ineffective and sloppy at times
Dembele 4 - couple of good moments early on but otherwise very sloppy; it was his wayward back pass that let Hammers in for their first and yielded the initiative
Lamela 7 - still tends to run into road blocks and play suicide passes but today he was everywhere and helped get the ball forward quickly

Kane 7 - so much of what he tried didn't come off today but, such determination, he never fudgeing gives up

Subs

Eriksen 6 - still off the boil but at least tesedtkeeper with a well-struck fk
Soldado 5 - also tested keeper but offered very little otherwise
Chadli n/a

Poch 7 - not sure he can be to blame for the number of errors we're currently littering our play with, got the early Dembele sub right but for me he should have replaced Townsend after 60 with Chadli rather than Soldado given his grater goal threat

We saw a few things today

- Once again, 2nd string is not good enough
- Dembele is a good option at times, but ultimately isn't good enough
- Eriksen needs to be on the pitch

General comments

- Felt very worried about half way through the game, we look like a side that has played 42 games, mentally tired
- 2nd goal is all Rose, completely fell asleep to man behind

- Mason got some Townsend sickness, too much shooting. Too loose today
- Poor from Dembele/Townsend

- Walker either injured/ill, took 70-odd minutes to play forward

Great attitude/belief again to pull it back.

Apart from dembele individually I didn't think we were that bad, we just couldn't connect up as a team at the important moments.

lorris7 good save to keep it at 2 0
walker 5 hes usual brain fart plus hes crossing was poor
verts 7 decent game apart from the goal
dier 7 see above
rose 8 one of the few that kept going and new what this game meant, i cant belive im saying this but hes playing better then davies
bentleb 7 slow start but got better
mason 5 poor today
dembele 4 was annnoymus but hes been playing well lately so he due a bad game
lamela 8 he was everywhere and helped get the ball forward quickly and hes movement took west ham defenders out of poistion
towsend 3 utter rubbish and did nothing again rightly subbed
kane 7 worked hes socks off but got lucky with the pen

Stick to the task? Lamela was nowhere near Creswell for the cross that led to their second goal. Walked ended up having to defend both their LM and LB. Lamela bears more blame for their second goal than Rose and the lineman combined.

If we had wanted a player who ran around a lot, had energy, and put in a few tackles (including some rash ones) we could have paid a lot less than we did for Lamela, and got a better player to do that. I didn't think that is what we bought Lamela for.

I can't believe we are still defending a player over midway through the second season by saying he works hard, tries to be positive, and it will work out in the end.
Pretty much every other player we have signed or promoted into the first XI since buying Lamela has shown more at some point, even Townsend who is often woeful. At what point do we accept that a) he will never be the player we hoped for b) the player that he actually is isn't great. We should have sold him in January -now we are probably stuck with him, given that Levy doesn't like selling at a loss. Hopefully some Italian club will risk a punt for him in the summer - where he will probably do fine.

Eeriness came on an continued the pattern of sloppiness, but still way more involved than any of our other attacking players.
Chadli didn't do much. Soldered had a great shot, but not much more.

Lol. Damn you predictive text™

Back