• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - West Brom

milo

Jack L. Jones
milo submitted a new blog post

Match ratings - West Brom

The results are in

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:
Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Fazio - 6
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 6

Mason - 6
Paulinho - 5
Dembele - 7

Lamela - 7
Kane - 8
Eriksen - 8

Subs:
Chadli - 7
Stambouli - 6
Soldado - n/a

Poch' - 7

8 - Lloris, Rose, Lamela (MOTM), Eriksen, Kane
7 - Walker, Fazio, Verts, Mason, Paulinho, Dembele

Great performances from 1 to 38. Very comfortable.

MOTM - Lamela for his fantastic pressing and positioning - exemplary high press

Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Fazio - 8
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 7

Lamela - 7.5
Paulinho - 7
Mason - 7
Dembele - 7.5
Eriksen - 8

Kane - 8

---

Chadli - 7
Stambouli - 7
Soldado - N/A

Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Fazio - 7
Vertonghen - 8
Rose - 8

Lamela - 8
Paulinho - 7
Mason - 7
Dembele - 7.5
Eriksen - 8

Kane - 8

---

Chadli - 7
Stambouli - 7
Soldado - N/A

Lloris - 9
Walker - 8
Fazio - 7
Jan - 7.5
Rose - 7
Mason - 6
Paulinho - 6.5
Lamela - 7
Dembele - 7
Eriksen - 8
Kane - 9

Lloris - 9
Lamela, Kane, Dembele, Eriksen - 8
Everyone else - 7
Except Mason - 6

I like Mason and I'm not suggesting dropping him or anything, but he needs to tighten up his passing - against a better team, he would have been a proper liability out there today. Aside from that though... it was a great performance by the whole team today. The opposition were poor, granted. And at times we did look a bit aimless in possession... a lack of a cutting edge (though I was pleased to see the cameras focussing on Pochettino apparently complaining about that very thing; once I know he's identified the problems, I've always said I'm happy to give a coach a full season to address them).

But despite all that; you can't take away from the fact that we played well... every player worked hard and worked together. Even Mason was doing the right things... just sloppily. And it's nice to be complaining about a lack of cutting edge on a day when we won 3 - 0. COYS!

Lloris - 9
Walker - 7
Fazio - 5
Vertonghen - 6
Rose - 7
Paulinho - 6
Mason - 6
Lamela - 6
Dembele - 8
Eriksen - 8
Kane - 8

Chadli - 6
Stambouli - 6

8s for Lamela am I missing something? We had several stand out players today he did nothing to warrant that MOTM gutter boy you having a laugh?

Lloris 9 (MOTM)
Walker 7
fazio 7
verts 7
Rose 8
Dembele 7
Mason 7
Lamela 6
Paulinho 6
Eriksen 8.5
Kane 8.5

Health warning: these ratings are based on Sky's SNF highlights only (around 50 mins)

Lloris 8 - several top saves, plus got Fazio out of jail following his suicidal backpass late-on

Walker 7 - a tad sloppy at times at the back but several surging forward runs and crosses including an assist via a pen more than compensated
Fazio 5 - looked rusty following his spell on the sidelines - Berahino & co gave him a torrid time
Verts 7 - composed as usual
Rose 7 - timely goal-line clearance late on capped a solid display

Mason 6 - still tuning his through-ball radar but linked well in mid otherwise
Paulinho 7 - continuing to look good with some great tackles and half-decent link-up play

Lamela 5 - presses well but all too often attempts the dribble instead of passing and ends up messing up our attacks
Dembele 7 - surprised he was replaced ahead of Lamela, had an excellent first half supporting our attack, winning two assists, the first when he was fouled attempting a shot that led to Eriksen's fk conversion, the second when he fed Harry Kane for 2-0
Eriksen 8 - increasingly the playmaker in the hole, setting up others, pressing hard and producing yet another absolute peach of a free-kick

Kane 8 - the complete striker with excellent link play up front and two quality goals

Chadli 6
Stambouli 6
Soldado 4 - ****ed-up an attack with his only touch of note

Pochettino 7 - has got the team playing the way he wants, winning possession by pressing the ball high-up then moving it around and forward swiftly, but unless Dembele was injured the decision to replace him rather than Lamela was puzzling

Honestly?? And would you like to tell me there is no agenda behind that?

Paulinho was very good today, providing the right foil to Mason. Recycling the ball, winning tackles and moving forward. He was key to our domination in the first 15 minutes when the game was won.

I'm not infantile with some kind of 'agenda'. The guy hid and bottled several challenges. There were times he seemed to switch off, one of which almost resulted in a goal for Berahino.

I'm not infantile with some kind of 'agenda'. The guy hid and bottled several challenges. There were times he seemed to switch off, one of which almost resulted in a goal for Berahino.

Then you must have been seeing a different game to everyone else; as the overall scores show.

Similarly no way did Lamela deserve a 5 - he worked his socks off yesterday. The only deserved 5 IMHO was Fazio's - had a bit of a mare yesterday

I've been critical of both Lamella and Poorlinho but both had solid games yesterday and did their job. Both would get 7s from me along with everyone else other than Kane, eriksen and Lloris who get 8s

Love the comments about Mason. I predicted that as soon as his first pass went away that Grimsby would be on his case. The guy won plenty of tackles, tried some clever passes and worked bloody hard. He wasn't a stand out but he had a good game

Interesting to look at the results of what's been posted.

When Milo started this I thought there'd be quite a range of opinion on most performances. In fact, there's normally a spread of about 3 for just about every player.

Then you get the ones where people have bias and you see that their results have a spread of around 5.

I'll do some work on it at the end of the month, but I'm pretty sure that Paulinho, Lamela and Soldado will have the widest ranges.

Reactions: Rob
Interesting to look at the results of what's been posted.

When Milo started this I thought there'd be quite a range of opinion on most performances. In fact, there's normally a spread of about 3 for just about every player.

Then you get the ones where people have bias and you see that their results have a spread of around 5.

I'll do some work on it at the end of the month, but I'm pretty sure that Paulinho, Lamela and Soldado will have the widest ranges.

Just spent a few mins studying the data and was thinking along very similar lines.

Firstly that you can tell players who split opinion as they have a range greater than 3.

And secondly that if I took these results as they currently stand and gave them a very brief mean figure for each player it'd be:

Lloris 8.5

Walker 6.5
Fazio 6
Vertonghen 7
Rose 7

Paulinho 6.5
Mason 6
Lamela 6
Dembele 7
Eriksen 7.5

Kane 8

-------- 8.5 ------
6.5 -- 6 --- 7 -- 7
---- 6.5 --- 6 ----
6 ------ 7 ---- 7.5
--------- 8 --------

You wouldn't think we'd won 3-0 away to a side many thought would turn us over, turning in one of the best performances of the season would you?!

Just spent a few mins studying the data and was thinking along very similar lines.

Firstly that you can tell players who split opinion as they have a range greater than 3.

And secondly that if I took these results as they currently stand and gave them a very brief mean figure for each player it'd be:

Lloris 8.5

Walker 6.5
Fazio 6
Vertonghen 7
Rose 7

Paulinho 6.5
Mason 6
Lamela 6
Dembele 7
Eriksen 7.5

Kane 8

-------- 8.5 ------
6.5 -- 6 --- 7 -- 7
---- 6.5 --- 6 ----
6 ------ 7 ---- 7.5
--------- 8 --------

You wouldn't think we'd won 3-0 away to a side many thought would turn us over, turning in one of the best performances of the season would you?!

Actually I think the mean calculations are quite spot on and mirror the performances of each respective player; goes to show how reliable good stats from a robust cohort can be...

Back