• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Creativity

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
I thought that our team was ready to be title winners. I thought that our performances over the last two season, and some from this season were suffice to believe that we were ready. But upon inspection of some of our performances this season we seem to be devoid of creativity. Eriksen is our main creative player, and when he has a weak match, whatever the reason be it that he's been closer down by the opposition, or he just has a bad day, we look worse for it.

We can cover for most players absence, but can we provide creativity when Eriksen is not on form? Cashregister City have a lot of creative players, and this is reflected by their goal tally this season.

For what it's worth, that wasn't the only problem yesterday, but it was one of them. Another problem is that we seem like we are set up to play for Kane, and without him there, the nature of our attacks didn't quite click. If we had a striker that made the same runs as Kane, that did what Kane does, even if he was a lesser version, then I think we would have looked better yesterday.

So what next from yesterday. Even I, someone who was telling all, to much derision, that we can win the league, am finding my belief under personal question. Will people convince me that this was a blip, or am I right?

I thought that our team was ready to be title winners. I thought that our performances over the last two season, and some from this season were suffice to believe that we were ready. But upon inspection of some of our performances this season we seem to be devoid of creativity. Eriksen is our main creative player, and when he has a weak match, whatever the reason be it that he's been closer down by the opposition, or he just has a bad day, we look worse for it.

We can cover for most players absence, but can we provide creativity when Eriksen is not on form? Cashregister City have a lot of creative players, and this is reflected by their goal tally this season.

For what it's worth, that wasn't the only problem yesterday, but it was one of them. Another problem is that we seem like we are set up to play for Kane, and without him there, the nature of our attacks didn't quite click. If we had a striker that made the same runs as Kane, that did what Kane does, even if he was a lesser version, then I think we would have looked better yesterday.

So what next from yesterday. Even I, someone who was telling all, to much derision, that we can win the league, am finding my belief under personal question. Will people convince me that this was a blip, or am I right?

Good post Eriksen is doing the job of two maybe even three players, midfielder, creater, and at times even finisher. For me still our most important player.
We are far too reliant on Eriksen as you rightly say.
Maybe it’s why we see Barkley as a purchase.

I think its wrong to say we don't have creative players, tripper/davies and alli for example are all able to create. I put it down more to style then individuals, we are drilled into a system which involves working the ball into the middle to the likes of Eriksen to create those chances. I cant remember the last time our full backs looked to beat a player and whip in a cross first time, they stop and play it back working it through the middle again.

Now for Kane that's perfect, he makes those little runs between the centre backs and full backs and has little backlift so can shoot quickly, with scarily accurate shots - always testing the keeper. We have no other player like that, Son rarely hits a first time shot, normally trying to dribble a little bit before shooting and Llorente is known more for his heading. I put this down purely to wanting a plan b in terms of personal but the inability to play in a style for plan b. I think if we want the likes of Llorente to work we need tricky quick players around him that help create space rather then cluster the middle which would in turn need Eriksen to play deeper and dropping Alli.

-------------------Lloris-------------------- ------------------------Lloris----------------------
Aurier--Toby--Sanchez--Verts---Davies Trippier-------Toby----------Verts------Davies
-----------Eriksen-----Dier---------------- --------------Dier----------Winks----------------
------xxxxx-------------------xxxxx------ --xxxx----------------Eriksen-------------xxxx--
----------------Llorente------------------ ---------------------Llorente----------------------

But we have no players able to fill the void (xxxxx) so Llorente will continue to struggle and we will need to hope that either are full backs start crossing first time and/or Eriksen and Alli pull out wide and put some in to create space, to hope that Son can temporarily cover for Kane like he did last season which would mean reverting back to the 4-2-3-1 formation to give him more space like he had before or we pray Kane is back quickly.

Good post Eriksen is doing the job of two maybe even three players, midfielder, creater, and at times even finisher. For me still our most important player.
Among our squad, the big creative miss has been Lamela. The year before last, he had the second highest number of assists after Eriksen. That type of performance is key so that snuffing out Eriksen will not be as effective. Lamela appears to be on the verge of returning although there must be question marks over whether we will seem him at his best -- current comments from Poche suggest that there is a mental block that needs to be overcome.

The answer to relying too much on Eriksen is to buy a vastly inferior player for the same position? I don't get it.

last two years we had rose and walker bombing the wings, adding to options, i'd call that creating opportunities or at least setting the stage for it.

this year so far, no walker no rose.

we've seen eriksen step up most of the time, but not when he is being harried like yesterday.

unfortunately alli playing like its still pre season. he has been the most disappointing for me.

davies and trippier are pretty good, but they don't have speed so when they do help its usually a crowded defence we have to deal with - and for that we need kane to create or take that half chance, he is that good.

wanyame and dembele would probably give us more confidence to take risks up fron too, i mean runners from midfield to give eriksen more options...

i think route one football is needed when you can't play that tippy tappy stuff, a bit disappointed that poch doesn't use llorente for that. if he did we'd see llorente up front with davies and trippier feeding him early...

in the end there is individual creativity and the system that creates the setting for creativity to thrive - that is mostly down to the coach, and possibly the leader(s) on the pitch

We have needed another creative option for two summers, if Christian isnt firing we struggle massively.

madness not getting someone in, Alli's turning into Paul Mcveigh this season makes the situation worse.

We could probably get Barkley for £10m tops in January -- him and Lamela would give Poch excellent options. I imagine Sissoko would make way.

Your opinion on Barkley is well known. Many much better and more knowledgable pundits than you don't share it. Thankfully.
I don't think even pundits think Barkley would
run Eriksen close. The more knowledgeable ones have him and De Bruyne in a league of their own, some of the less bright ones put Ozil in there too.

Not one of them, to my knowledge, thinks Barkley and Eriksen are even similar in quality because it's a preposterous position to take.

Back