• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth**

Good win, not much more than a decent performed. But Bournemouth are a good team on their day, should be remembered.

We're still some way off top form. Good to have that potential for improvement to put a positive spin on it.

Good win, not much more than a decent performed. But Bournemouth are a good team on their day, should be remembered.

We're still some way off top form. Good to have that potential for improvement to put a positive spin on it.
Agreed. We're certainly not purring yet BUT are comfortably third. We look like a team that will be top 4.

We haven't got many faults, have a bag of systems to choose from and a bunch of faces to come back.

7 or 8 results and performances like yesterday are not to be sniffed at. It keeps the points total ticking. I love the way we never get into chaotic/shoot out games like Liverpool and Arsenal do. They maybe exciting but they are definitely mentally and physically more draining.

Thats how I see it. We are usually so-so up until near Christmas, then then we find form and go on a run.

We are very well positioned for when that happens this season...

First half was 'contained'. We didn't move the ball quick enough. Second we came out with purpose, and the goal opened things up. The second half felt twice as fast as the first.

Was the headed goal that was ruled out as offside, offside?

First half was 'contained'. We didn't move the ball quick enough. Second we came out with purpose, and the goal opened things up. The second half felt twice as fast as the first.

Was the headed goal that was ruled out as offside, offside?
Yes, not by much but it was the right decision.

I missed the second half but by all accounts it was a vast improvement on the other two and half games at Wembley in the league against crap opposition. Some interesting potential factors identified in this thread as to why we were not at it in the 2.5 games:

1. Size of pitch
2. Length of grass
3. Proximity of fans to the pitch
4. Crap atmosphere
5. Opposition parking the bus
6. Formation
7. Lack of blistering pace in wing back positions
8. Players not focused sufficiently for a PL game (i.e. missed placed passes, bad touch etc)

1-5 can be dismissed straight away as apparently we were very good in yesterday's second half. Don't get me wrong some of these don't help, but they are clearly small factors in regards to the performance when we play at Wembley against a crap team.

I also think some are giving too much credit to the formation change for the second half. Yes we are best with wing backs imo but we played that system against Swansea.

7 is huge imo and the lack of Rose and Walker is hurting us in these type of games for obvious reasons, but again neither of them and Aurier played in yesterday's second half.

Clearly 8 is the most valid factor here, first half was pathetic and unacceptable. Slow football, misplaced passes, stupid unnecessary flicks in the box. I suspect Poch lost his brick at half time, went fudging mad and it prompted the players to wake up.

Seems to me our biggest considerations to ensure we beat the numerous other crap teams still to visit Wembley, is getting Rose and Aurier in the team and Poch doing whatever he did at half time yesterday to motivate the players, before these games begin.
Disagree. We weren't "very good" in the second half. You didn't watch it, yet you feel you can assess?

Poch said after the game that in the first half, the players were taking up the wrong positions on the pitch, so we weren't flowing. He changed it at half time (Dier went deeper into the back line so Vertonghen and Trippier could push further up, which stretched their back line wider) and we were a little better, but not very good.

I can see why you blame lack of focus/motivation, as I think we would be more focused/motivated against a team like Real Madrid. But equally it is about moving off the ball, making simple passing options for the guy in possession, so we can move up the pitch and have options, pulling their back line around and creating gaps, not just tapping it side to side whilst their defence are in good shape.

We were better in the 2nd half after the change in formation, we have not really hit top form ( yet) this season but we will get better, look at the table and think where we could have been if we had been more clinical against both Burnley and Swansea ( who we were much better and should have won easy).

Jan was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch for me.

It is nice to get our ever first league win at Wembley. But it was another unconvincing performance. It was tense until the match was over as we failed to kill the game off after scoring our only goal. We had a few good chances to score but we wasted them all. Fortunately for us Bournemouth didn't make use of their chances as well.

Credit to Eriksen for scoring our only goal. It was encouraging to see players other than Kane scoring for us. But disappointingly Kane still has not scored in the league at Wembley. Kane had 2 or 3 chances to score but it seems like he didn't have his goal scoring boot on. He wasted 2 one-on-one chances with the goalie while another effort was ruled offside. Credit to Son for assisting the goal for Eriksen. But Son and Alli are still badly out of form and didn't look like scoring. Thought we should have bring on Llorente much earlier to try to get another goal. But Lloronte had so little time to make an effort.

Our midfield were again not very convincing without the injured Dembele and Wanyama. Dier and Winks were unable to control the midfield. Bournemouth had far too many chances. I felt Sissoko should have started this match as he had been in good form. Sissoko did really well when he came on as he created 2 chances for Alli and Nkodou.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet. Credit to Lloris for making 1 great save early in the first half. Sanchez also did well to make a goal saving block. Thought Vertonghen was our best player as he was helping our attack s lot. Too bad he couldn't score a goal or two.

This win would have been more enjoyable if we had scored 1 or 2 more goals. But still it was nice to get our first league win at Wembley. Let's hope this win will boost our confidence when we play Real Madrid in the CL.

Not the best game, but not the worst either.

Did anyone else notice Sanchez seemingly lunge for interceptions and missing allowing them 2 or 3 times to break behind (I think this is where Verts covered) especially in the 2nd half? His forward passes seemed quite good however.

Not the best game, but not the worst either.

Did anyone else notice Sanchez seemingly lunge for interceptions and missing allowing them 2 or 3 times to break behind (I think this is where Verts covered) especially in the 2nd half? His forward passes seemed quite good however.
Another mixed bag from him for sure. More positives than negatives to be sure. But perhaps bailed out once or twice by his excellent teammates when we could have been punished for his errors.

I did really like his block in the first half. Stood up, brave, kept his arms to his sides and did his best to get his body in the way.

Another mixed bag from him for sure. More positives than negatives to be sure. But perhaps bailed out once or twice by his excellent teammates when we could have been punished for his errors.

I did really like his block in the first half. Stood up, brave, kept his arms to his sides and did his best to get his body in the way.

I thought it was his worse game for us but that’s gonna happen with his age and experience

Job done .. and the week-end should highlight how difficult that can be at times (only City had a good result).

We were better in the 2nd half after the change in formation, we have not really hit top form ( yet) this season but we will get better, look at the table and think where we could have been if we had been more clinical against both Burnley and Swansea ( who we were much better and should have won easy).

Jan was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch for me.

Yep.

Jan has been fantastic all season.

Back