• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Yep, played quite well. It was quite open when he came on (a lot down to how relatively poorly we were managing the game), which suited his engine and pace.

Ball for Eriksen chance was a beauty.

Personally think there is a player in there somewhere...

Really liked the look of him when he came on. He was terrible last season, but he's looked quite decent this time around. I'm not saying he looks a world beater but his touch is better, his decision making is there, if he doesn't leave it won't be the worst thing.

I'll agree with you incase he doesn't.

Yep, played quite well. It was quite open when he came on (a lot down to how relatively poorly we were managing the game), which suited his engine and pace.

Ball for Eriksen chance was a beauty.

Personally think there is a player in there somewhere...

I think that's it, really.

Give him space to run into, where he doesn't have to think and he's quite a useful player. You could see that from the Juve friendly.

Saying that, he's isn't really a winger, isn't really a central midfielder and isn't really good enough.

I did not think he'd spot that pass to Eriksen, as it wasn't easy to see, and even more surprised he was actually able to put it in exactly the right place! Thought he was decent when he came on. He actually saved Trippier on one occasion before the goal.

I think he can improve his passing technique, always seems to add a bobble to his pass, which must annoy his teammates.

Its a bit too late in his career to start coaching some basic football skills into him. None of his passing, shooting or control are at the level needed

Every time I see this thread bumped I come in only to be hit with the cold hard truth that he's still with us.
I can't wait until this thread gets into the General Football section. What a waste of money in all realms. As the teams around us strengthen our attacking options are Sissoko and Janssen. The only way they'll properly impact a game is if the opposition get a stitch from laughing hard at their "attempts" to play football.

Its a bit too late in his career to start coaching some basic football skills into him. None of his passing, shooting or control are at the level needed

Well, those skills have been deemed to be at a level good enough for the French national team (and yeah, I know we can all name players who have inexplicably had call ups to their national team). But the French national team has been at a decent level the past few years, so there must be something there.

I agree that his control is suspect to say the least. I also remember lots of comments about Son's lack of control on his first touch the season before last, yet he improved enormously. (Age/Experience level differences accepted). Sissok's shooting has been sporadic. He has both come close to scoring and he has fluffed chances. There may be a confidence thing going on there.
His passing has been OK.

Has he ever started a PL game? I can't remember. He has put in decent, if not mind blowing, performances - Burnley, Emirates Marketing Project last year spring to mind. It seems he is always the sub that is expected to turn things around. Maybe if he had more time to grow into a game it would make a difference. I am not making excuses for him - I am not convinced he is going to step up enough. But Poch seems to trust him, so I have to look at why that might be. (Because I generally trust Poch).
He is one of the few options we have right now to move the ball forward with power and pace. Dembele does it sometimes, but generally peters out around the edge of the box, frustratingly. Winks might do it, but isn't quite there yet. Walker did it (irrelevant now) and Rose (let's see how that pans out) Is not a current option. N'Koudou is not ready. Any new signing will need time to bed in.

I wouldn't be upset at all to see Sissoko leave, but equally Poch seems to have faith him, off the bench at least, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed.

I thought he looked decent yesterday in a short cameo. He's had the full pre season, so perhaps we will see a more effective Sissoko this year, if he is given the opportunity - and the support.

I actually thought he lifted the team when he came on, i still believe that SOME fans judge him on the transfer fee more then what he does/does not do. IF Poch thinks we should keep him for another season i would back him more then the opinion of SOME fans who can not/will not look past the fee he cost.

The same happened to Lamela when he first came here and he managed to turn most of them negative fans opinons around, i hope Sissoko does the same.

Admittedly he's primarily sticking around because we pay him a huge wage but I've also seen enough to give him second chance.

Definitely made a difference against Burnley and hopefully once the team starts playing better, his game will lift even more.

Admittedly he's primarily sticking around because we pay him a huge wage but I've also seen enough to give him second chance.

Definitely made a difference against Burnley and hopefully once the team starts playing better, his game will lift even more.
Maybe we should play in the blue shirt more and tell him he's playing for France? That's the only time he's looked better than mediocre to me.

I actually thought he lifted the team when he came on, i still believe that SOME fans judge him on the transfer fee more then what he does/does not do. IF Poch thinks we should keep him for another season i would back him more then the opinion of SOME fans who can not/will not look past the fee he cost.

The same happened to Lamela when he first came here and he managed to turn most of them negative fans opinons around, i hope Sissoko does the same.

It's not the fee. He is not the intelligent footballer who offers pace, goals, assists that we need.

Even if he was a free transfer it would have been a totally underwhelming transfer. Its not his fault, he is what he is.

It's not the fee. He is not the intelligent footballer who offers pace, goals, assists that we need.

Even if he was a free transfer it would have been a totally underwhelming transfer. Its not his fault, he is what he is.

On the official Facebook account, 90% judge him solely based on the fee.

Back