• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Apathy that's the problem, Labour supporters started to get "better off" drifted away from being active left wing elements gain control at local levels and poisoned the party, John Smith try to fight against it but unfortunately died and allowed "Blairism" to kill the party. 1945 election was lost by the Tories as most people did not want the same betrayal of the population that followed the First World War.

Sadly i think it will take something like a 9/11 for people to really wake up. I hope it never comes to this but nothing seems to be getting done about all this. I heard somewhere that inmates in the prisons where cheering when they heard the news. These people will one day be released into society

Sadly i think it will take something like a 9/11 for people to really wake up. I hope it never comes to this but nothing seems to be getting done about all this. I heard somewhere that inmates in the prisons where cheering when they heard the news. These people will one day be released into society

Blimey - it's the first attack in 12 years. For 30 years the IRA used to do something every couple of months. It's rolling news that creates that lack of perspective.

Also the nature of the attack (low tech lone wolf) show just how good security services are at keeping on top of more planned operations with serious weapons. Our gun laws and keeping out of Schengen are the reasons only 3 people died, not 30 or 300.

QUOTE="K.D.D.D.D.Soc, post: 904388, member: 333"]Apathy that's the problem, Labour supporters started to get "better off" drifted away from being active left wing elements gain control at local levels and poisoned the party, John Smith try to fight against it but unfortunately died and allowed "Blairism" to kill the party. 1945 election was lost by the Tories as most people did not want the same betrayal of the population that followed the First World War.[/QUOTE]

Yeah would did that Welshman say, "we will build a land fit for heroes." WHAT DID THEY GET? The Great Depression.

This is the devastation wreaked upon London by an IRA truck bomb in 1993 but thankfully Irish Catholics are no longer viewed with suspicion and St Patrick's Day has become a fixture for most English pub goers...

C7pB7XLXkAE98se.jpg:large

This is the devastation wreaked upon London by an IRA truck bomb in 1993 but thankfully Irish Catholics are no longer viewed with suspicion and St Patrick's Day has become a fixture for most English pub goers...

What's that old saying? "One mans Terrorist is another mans Freedom fighter" it's all gonad*s. Sickening world we live in when those that bomb the brick out of innocent people can be murders one day and heroes the next ( in some peoples eyes)

When Farage aided by the man of the century Trump rise up and destroy the EU will they be viewed as freedom fighters?

Might a Greek guy in Thailand in a bar who said anyone who worked for the EU should be shot. I would not go that far. Would be happy for them to lose their pension pots like I did under that tosser Brown.

What's that old saying? "One mans Terrorist is another mans Freedom fighter" it's all gonads. Sickening world we live in when those that bomb the brick out of innocent people can be murders one day and heroes the next ( in some peoples eyes)

nelson-mandela-speech-AB.jpeg

Apply that consistently though. Mandela planted car bombs in his youth

If you can find any practicing Irish Roman Catholics, church attendances in the republic are down to 30% from the mid 90's in the 60's. I only know 3 people from my family and mates who still are active and that's from about 120.

Blimey - it's the first attack in 12 years. For 30 years the IRA used to do something every couple of months. It's rolling news that creates that lack of perspective.

Why do we have to use the worst case to judge the events of Wednesday? For me its not the death toll that matters because individual grief is is not affected by the numbers of victims.

Everyone on here talks about an inclusive world so lets get it straight the world has a problem with Islamic terrorism and its not a numbers game, you can't sweep it under the carpet by saying they don't kill in the same numbers as the Nazi's or the IRA.

nelson-mandela-speech-AB.jpeg

Apply that consistently though. Mandela planted car bombs in his youth

I am more than happy to apply that, just because popular media and celebrities wanted to be surrounded by a man does not mean he achieved his goals legally.

This country has issues, one day we pay respects to a man who was a terrorist the next we are attacked by a terrorist and the leader of the country who was central to both is whisked away in a car second later to give a stiff upper lip, the we are not scared speech, yeh right.

Last edited:
Ohhh and by the way, in the same way the English inspired football hooliganism in Russia, the IRA are everything that islamic terrorist organisations strive for

free-derry-the-ira-drug-war-cover-original-1395067675.jpg

If you can find any practicing Irish Roman Catholics, church attendances in the republic are down to 30% from the mid 90's in the 60's. I only know 3 people from my family and mates who still are active and that's from about 120.
I must admit what find hilarious about a untied Ireland is that they all want to emigrate to somewhere else.

I must admit what find hilarious about a untied Ireland is that they all want to emigrate to somewhere else.

I always thought it was hypercritical that the Irish government demanded that their populace should be treated the same as Britain's despite wanting Independence and I say that as a man with an Irish wife and half Irish son.

There was a spike after the property/economy crash a few years ago but the trend is downwards now. The Irish economy is improving and emigration rates are on the decline. Last year there was net inward migration.

The dilemma is that all want a united Ireland but the financial impact on the Irish state would almost cripple it. It will happen at some stage but not some time soon I wouldn't think.

Last edited:
I always thought it was hypercritical that the Irish government demanded that their populace should be treated the same as Britain's despite wanting Independence and I say that as a man with an Irish wife and half Irish son.
To be honest I have read that 10 times and still can't get your meaning.

To be honest I have read that 10 times and still can't get your meaning.

Airport

British and Irish Citizens

It was the Irish government that pleaded for that back in the day and also that Irish citizens be given all the same rights as British citizens.

I love Ireland have spent a lot of time over there, my extended inlaw family are super, but I have always felt you can not have your cake and eat it, if you want your independence and I support that even before I met Lucy(not the violent path to it) have it just do not ask to be treated the same as British citizens. It is the sort of attitude that makes people think some countries and the EU are just out to take as much out of the UK as possible. Really to call it as it is, it is all about money it is all anyone wants, it is all the Irish government were really concerned with.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...-brexit-affect-the-irish-in-britain-1.2712303

Back