• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malky Mackay Saga

Re: Tim Sherwood

Palace should go for Eddie Howe.....best young english manager out there and deserves a step up.

Quite a, er, dramatic turnaround in the Mackay saga! Who knew..

Looks like Moody will go, too.

Just resigned. Crazy what has come out about these two. Not only am I surprised that someone can expect to get away with things like this, I'm shocked that people in high roles hold views like that.

Hope Tim gets the job now

Just resigned. Crazy what has come out about these two. Not only am I surprised that someone can expect to get away with things like this, I'm shocked that people in high roles hold views like that.

What have Palace ever done to you?

I'm shocked too. I always liked Mackay.

In July 2012, Cardiff signed South Korean international Kim Bo-kyung, but when Moody informed Mackay on July 12 that ‘five of the b******s including the player’ were arriving for talks, the reply from Mackay’s phone was: ‘Fkn chinkys.’ A further message says: ‘Fk it. There’s enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.’

In reference to the prominent football agent, Phil Smith, a text states: ‘Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers’. The Israeli club, Maccabi Tel Aviv, are also referred to simply as ‘the Jews’.

A football official at another club is referred to as ‘a gay snake’ and ‘the homo’ and someone who is ‘not to be trusted’, while a French player is someone ‘who struck me as an independently minded young homo’.

An exchange with a young player who has a female agent makes reference to a sex act and states: ‘I hope she’s looking after your needs,’ the player is then told. ‘I bet you’d love a bounce on her falsies.’

On August 16, 2012, a list of players proposed by a French agent is forwarded, stating to Mackay that ‘he needs to rename his agency the All Blacks’. A separate text in reference to a list of French players states: ‘Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.’

In a separate exchange a picture entitled ‘Black Monopoly’ is sent, with every square a ‘Go To Jail’ square. Of one African player, it is stated: ‘Doesn’t look like a good cv. And he’s Nigerian.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730307/Malky-Mackay-Iain-Moody-investigated-FA-sexist-racist-homophobic-text-messages-time-Cardiff.html#ixzz3B1d9Jm00

Do we know what they've actually said?

Has Tim got his license yet?

(Edit - just seen your post Stink.)

Wow, if that's true and it seems pretty detailed to make up then what a couple of pricks! I was right behind makay in the Cardiff **** up, but couldn't give a toss now (if it turns out to be true), career Harri Kari!

nah, he's got his cv top of the list for both liverpools and Newcastles next boss in one fell swoop

LMA statement is shocking, using the word "banter" in an official release. The word has become a catch all for the nasty ism's.

LMA said:
The LMA wish to clarify the position in relation to recent reports and speculation regarding matters alleged to have arisen during Malky Mackay’s time at Cardiff City FC.

In the course of a search by the Club in early 2014 of 10,000 private text messages sent to and from another member of staff during Mr Mackay’s employment at Cardiff, in relation to other matters, it emerged that Malky had, it seems, sent a couple of one line texts that were, with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable and disrespectful of other cultures. These were two text messages sent in private at a time Malky felt under great pressure and when he was letting off steam to a friend during some friendly text message banter. That said, Malky believes he could and should have conducted himself better on these two isolated occasions. The precise details need to remain private for the time being until any FA process is complete.

The LMA does not condone in any way any potential breach of equal opportunities laws but would also point out that out of over 10,000 text messages and 70,000 documents produced over a long period of time it may not be a complete surprise that some inappropriate comments can sometimes be made by employees, like Malky, working under great pressure in highly charged situations. If Malky has caused any offence by these two isolated matters he would, however, wish to sincerely apologise.

Malky finds it strange that these matters were only raised with the FA and in the media now, 8 months after his employment ended and the day before he was reported as being offered the opportunity to become manager of Crystal Palace FC.

Malky is also very concerned about seriously inaccurate and misleading reports of his alleged involvement in these matters in the media. It has never been alleged that he wrote any homophobic or sexist messages and he has confirmed that he did not do so. Further, there are incorrect and damaging suggestions that he sent a whole host of offensive and unpleasant messages that are simply not true and which give a grossly distorted and unfair view of Malky’s involvement in this matter. Malky looks forward to matters being put straight in due course, following any investigation of this matter.

Malky cannot of course comment on the nature of any conduct or communications alleged to have been made by others.

Malky has said that he will be fully co-operating with any FA investigation and that he looks forward to putting the record straight thereafter.

Must have been some internal investigation around the time he got sacked.

I'd hate to go out for a beer or five with some of you lot if you're offended by that!!

Only 'crime' is doing it in such a position of power other than that silly banter nothing to see here move along. The FA have to be shown to act.

yeah, but they still only go to the recipient, I can't call Vodafone and get text transcript of company mobiles on the account I'm an admin of

Could have been made to hand back the mobiles and they were all still on there?

If done on company property, then texts, emails etc are also company property.

I'd hate to go out for a beer or five with some of you lot if you're offended by that!!

Only 'crime' is doing it in such a position of power other than that silly banter nothing to see here move along. The FA have to be shown to act.

Jesus Christ. Is that you Mr Keys?

Back