• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Remy / Vucinic

If as it looks, Defoe leaves us in January i think we certainly need more cover upfront.

Would Remy be a great buy? I think he could do very well for us. I think he would come to us if we entered the race to sign him or do we perhaps need a more deep lying striker in the form of Mirko Vučinić who is available?

Re: Remy / Vucinic

I'd definitely prefer Vucinic of the two.

Interestingly they are very similar, yet completely different.

They are similar in that they both play wide in a 4-3-3 (Vucinic left, Remy right), but can also play as a lone forward as well.

The difference though is that Remy is very direct (head down, power and pace), whereas Vucinic is a smart silky creative player (a younger Berbatov without the baggage).

Vucinic would help us unlock defences if we continue the transition to being a possession side, whereas Remy probably suits Timmeh's 'smash and grab' style.

Last edited:

And for why would 'Arry want to sell Remy to us? Give TS a little boost?

He'd be the better January-type buy because he's already in the league and up to speed - familiar with other clubs, other grounds, pace of play. Plug and play.

Vucinic? Who knows? Bedding in period needed with new team mates, new culture, possibly new language issues. Definitely not plug and play.

Last edited:

Isn't Remy on a season long loan to Saudi Sportswashing Machine? How would that work, would QPR recall him and then sell to us?

I'd definitely prefer Vucinic of the two.

Interestingly they are very similar, yet completely different.

They are similar in that they both play wide in a 4-3-3 (Vucinic left, Remy right), but can also play as a lone forward as well.

The difference though is that Remy is very direct (head down, power and pace), whereas Vucinic is a smart silky creative player (a younger Berbatov without the baggage).

Vucinic would help us unlock defences if we continue the transition to being a possession side, whereas Remy probably suits Timmeh's 'smash and grab' style.

i thought you liked remy?

And for why would 'Arry want to sell Remy to us? Give TS a little boost?

He'd be the better January-type buy because he's already in the league and up to speed - familiar with other clubs, other grounds, pace of play. Plug and play.

Vucinic? Who knows? Bedding in period needed with new team mates, new culture, possibly new language issues. Definitely not plug and play.

They need to sell to buy and I would imagine that Harry would be keen to keep on good terms with us so and get our best young players on loan.

Innocent until proven guilty. No?

That's irrelevant in this case. The relevant facts are that he will be in court in February (unless he gets another extension to his bail) and there is a chance that he may spend a few years behind bars.

That should be plenty of reason to stay well clear.

I've never particularly liked Vucinic as a player or person. If Defoe goes then I don't see it as being vital that we replace him, I'd rather just free up a place for Lamela and possibly Kane.

He did...in fact he continuously kept going on about how we should be signing him whilst he was at Marseille. He's in the English league now so naturally doesn't look as appealing to some (much like managers).

Remy would be a brilliant signing imo.

I wanted him for Redknapp's team (primarily as a right sided player than a CF). He'd also suit a Timmeh team.

But we've moved a long way away from being a counter-attacking underdog side, and I'd rather we continued on the journey towards possession-based football. Remy doesn't suit that at all. Spending £16m on him now would be a blow to continuing the project under LVG or FDB.

I wanted him for Redknapp's team (primarily as a right sided player than a CF). He'd also suit a Timmeh team.

But we've moved a long way away from being a counter-attacking underdog side, and I'd rather we continued on the journey towards possession-based football. Remy doesn't suit that at all. Spending £16m on him now would be a blow to continuing the project under LVG or FDB.

are you saying we were a counter attacking team under harry? not able to keep possesion?

I've never particularly liked Vucinic as a player or person. If Defoe goes then I don't see it as being vital that we replace him, I'd rather just free up a place for Lamela and possibly Kane.

What's the story?

are you saying we were a counter attacking team under harry? not able to keep possesion?

Definitely to start with. The introduction of Modric, Rafa and Ade slowly improved things, but few of our others players were that comfortable on the ball. AVB definitely did a big job of upgrading across the board in that respect.

What's the story?

I think mainly it's his previous of declaring that he wouldn't ever move to a small club like us (a long time ago, not when we were interested in summer 2011).

I don't know of any particular character flaws or past scandals etc.

I have heard we are after Jordan Rhodes, nothing concrete really but we are interested. I wouldnt be too unhappy with someone like him as back up. He seems to be a pure finisher very much in the Defoe mold but a bit more finesse

Back