• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dynamo

I love a good card trick but his other stuff annoys me a little. I think a lot of his tricks are either camera trickery or using stooges. Spoils it a bit for me.

look around on youtube, plenty of vids showing how he does a lot of his stuff, but he does have amazing sleight of hand. I hate how he always involves annoying British "musicians" and tossers like Rio Ferdinand though. The entourages these guys have are absolute bells

Love the guy. And yeah sure, they're all illusions (obviously) but I'd rather just watch and be mesmerised and not know. Which is why I'm avoiding the you tube videos. It's all made for tv. I'm sure the 'turning up at shops/bars' are all pre-preped with some people being involved in the trick. Only way most of them can work. Add to it the stylised camera workings and the way the footage swaps between SD and HD - and the fact that the crowd reactions for the final prestige he does at the end of the show isn't clear what they're reacting to most of the time. It's all very well edited. But sure, his card tricks and street tricks are brilliant.

At the end of the day, it's not about how they do what they do, it's about whether it entertains you. And it entertains me, but I also enjoy the intrigue of figuring out how the trick is done, it doesn't spoil it for me, it makes me appreciate the skill and imagination involved in pulling it off.

At the end of the day, it's not about how they do what they do, it's about whether it entertains you. And it entertains me, but I also enjoy the intrigue of figuring out how the trick is done, it doesn't spoil it for me, it makes me appreciate the skill and imagination involved in pulling it off.

Yeah, that's fine, my point was if you then find out it's edited to fudge, the dream dies a little so that's why I avoid it all. The point is in the delivery, presented to us, it looks amazing.

The Rio one. Seriously...what in the fudge?

Number of his illusions I've see on Angel's program before including the Rio one (at least that's my explanation which is further showcased on YouTube for anyone who likes to 'know'). Quick hands, silky skills but less of the pop / hip-hop commercial celebrity reacharound, please.

Some of his tricks I can 'catch' while others are very complex indeed

Last edited:
I don't mind seeing how tricks are done, they're still incredible to watch even when you know how in my opinion. As said above, it's the delivery. I saw Penn & Teller's show at the Rio in Vegas and they broke down a few tricks including some of Teller's slight of hand. There's one where Teller vanishes a lit cigerette over and over again, showing you exactly how he is doing it and it is probably even more impressive seeing just how slick he is.

Anyway, best magic show ever:

[video=youtube;AYxu_MQSTTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY[/video]

I don't know if he uses 'stooges' but something must be going on. My mate owns a studio in London (his in the video below behind the desk) and Dynamo went there for a photo shoot in Feb, and he done a few tricks on my mate as well as others. He said there was no funny business going on that he could see and the stuff he was doing was amazing.

[video]http://followthewhiterabbit.co.uk/blog/are-you-watching-closely-dynamo-white-rabbit-with-radio-times/[/video]

Let's be honest though, Dynamo is no Paul Daniels!

If you want your mind blown, noe one does it better than this guy.

[video=youtube;xPR5dGSPBRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPR5dGSPBRI&feature=plcp[/video]

Back