• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

This is what gets me riled up. When people say the NHS is failing or rubbish or needs privatising etc. No it isn't and no it doesn't. The system needs changing to enable it to do what it was designed to do. And not have the government politicising it and attempting to dismantle it for personal gain.

We have just seen how quickly the NHS mobilised without any prior support at the start of this pandemic, that is not the sign of a 'failing' institution. w

We have seen an outpouring of support for the NHS and this government has said it will do 'whatever it takes' to support it. That should be a given, it shouldn't take a global pandemic emergency.

Once again, thank you for you service. I wish you and everyone putting themselves on the frontline to be safe and well.

I'm not sure that is wise or true.

When the system was designed, it was to support a far smaller population that died younger. Some of the change necessary to adapt to different circumstances will ikely involve differences in political viewpoint and hence politicisation.

I'm not sure that is wise or true.

When the system was designed, it was to support a far smaller population that died younger. Some of the change necessary to adapt to different circumstances will ikely involve differences in political viewpoint and hence politicisation.

The NHS is suffering because it was not set up to support a global pandemic. Thats forgivable

People would equally moan if we were over subscribed with Drs and Nurses and empty beds just in case and we were taxed to hilt.

How can you attack the PM and government ministers for being tested..they have to run this country at one of the worst times in our History and beat this virus and they need to know if their health is OK...what do want them all to do? queue up at Whipps Cross?...lol
How can you attack the PM and government ministers for being tested..they have to run this country at one of the worst times in our History and beat this virus and they need to know if their health is OK...what do want them all to do? queue up at Whipps Cross?...lol

Perhaps I wasnt clear. I'm attacking them because they are leaving doctors and nurses without the safety equipment they need. Putting them at huge risk

Perhaps I wasnt clear. I'm attacking them because they are leaving doctors and nurses without the safety equipment they need. Putting them at huge risk

Do you think they are purposely leaving them like that though? Or do you think they should have planned for this kind of one in 100 year things? Just in case?

I have to find the expectations I read on the Government are disproportionate on peoples expectations of themselves.

This is the unknown for everyone, minion and master.

Do you think they are purposely leaving them like that though? Or do you think they should have planned for this kind of one in 100 year things? Just in case?

I think when they saw what was happening in Wuhan in January then they should have prepared.

1.They should have taken precautions at entry points to slow down the spread.
2. They should have ramped up testing capabilities to at least cover key workers
3.they should have been buying up ventilators from January
4. Shut down large events sooner
5.not lose EU procurement emails for joint purchasing of ventilators in the junk mail (what a fudging excuse that is)
6. Not faffed about with the idea of herd immunity

I could go on but you get the idea. And before any one accuses me of saying this in hindsight. Have a look at my message to chich when he came back from china... to me it was patently obvious what was going to happen.

I think when they saw what was happening in Wuhan in January then they should have prepared.

1.They should have taken precautions at entry points to slow down the spread.
2. They should have ramped up testing capabilities to at least cover key workers
3.they should have been buying up ventilators from January
4. Shut down large events sooner
5.not lose EU procurement emails for joint purchasing of ventilators in the junk mail (what a fudging excuse that is)
6. Not faffed about with the idea of herd immunity

I could go on but you get the idea. And before any one accuses me of saying this in hindsight. Have a look at my message to chich when he came back from china... to me it was patently obvious what was going to happen.

Ok based on the fact we all saw what was going on should we then summarise that the self employed would have seen it coming and squirrelled away and not moaned about lack of backing once the brick hit the fan? Or is every point a fault of the Government and no one needs take self responsibility? Like being told to stay home and not like this week? This point is off piste but wanted to make it as I think it encapsulates the whole argument in some ways.

From your points do you think in taking advise from round the world and from scientific experts of which you have to take one point of view over a noise of opinion that the government did this on purpose? When you see Italy, US, Sweden refusing lock down everyone taking totally different routes that its just a hard and fast rule? I don't personally.

The herd immunity will raise its head again because the current way means 12 months lock down and the Government can't afford to nationalise the entire nation and nor can it afford to have 40-60% of the country unemployed.

Could they have done things better.....100% but the infect to death rate is huge and its spread like wildfire in less than a month, even the best prepared are ill prepared.

Its 99.9% certain this came from the weird and wonderful faith that eating highly contageous animals for healing caused this, the rest of the world has to deal with the fall out from that, I don't expect them to do that perfectly, especially not when deaths involved.

Others on here are arguing that you can play football behind closed doors and others want the country locked down weeks ago, Thats the public without the pressure of running the country.

I for one will give Bojo a break, government is circumstance as much as it is planning

Ok based on the fact we all saw what was going on should we then summarise that the self employed would have seen it coming and squirrelled away and not moaned about lack of backing once the brick hit the fan? Or is every point a fault of the Government and no one needs take self responsibility? Like being told to stay home and not like this week? This point is off piste but wanted to make it as I think it encapsulates the whole argument in some ways.

From your points do you think in taking advise from round the world and from scientific experts of which you have to take one point of view over a noise of opinion that the government did this on purpose? When you see Italy, US, Sweden refusing lock down everyone taking totally different routes that its just a hard and fast rule? I don't personally.

The herd immunity will raise its head again because the current way means 12 months lock down and the Government can't afford to nationalise the entire nation and nor can it afford to have 40-60% of the country unemployed.

Could they have done things better.....400% but the infect to death rate is huge and its spread like wildfire in less than a month, even the best prepared are ill prepared.

Its 99.9% certain this came from the weird and wonderful faith that eating highly contageous animals for healing caused this, the rest of the world has to deal with the fall out from that, I don't expect them to do that perfectly, especially not when deaths involved.

Others on here are arguing that you can play football behind closed doors and others want the country locked down weeks ago, Thats the public without the pressure of running the country.

I for one will give Bojo a break, government is circumstance as much as it is planning

Even if herd immunity is the way to go. What you absolutely need to do is buy time to prepare. Be proactive not reactive. Imagine if they prepared properly and brought 40,000 ventilators ramped up testing capabilities so all key workers could be tested. Brought enough protective clothing for the NHS. Quadrupled ICU beds. Invested in therapeutic treatments using existing drugs.... oh and be sure that any kind of immunity is actually possible... because we are still not sure about that yet.

If they done all this first... then they could have looked in to herd immunity.

Even if herd immunity is the way to go. What you absolutely need to do is buy time to prepare. Be proactive not reactive. Imagine if they prepared properly and bought 40,000 ventilators ramped up testing capabilities so all key workers could be tested. bought enough protective clothing for the NHS. Quadrupled ICU beds. Invested in therapeutic treatments using existing drugs.... oh and be sure that any kind of immunity is actually possible... because we are still not sure about that yet.

No one knows anything about the virus enough, the point is that China look to be heroes but they will 100% have phase 2 now after we are told they dealt with it correctly, they have not BTW.

Herd immunity has to work because the British public could not last one weekend indoors at Government advise, they won't last 12 months. Thats not on Bojo thats on us.

Ultimately as I say this is the unknown, like nothing seen in many generations, worse than the war because its unfathomable.

Could they have done alot better, oh yes, am I going to look at this as there was a plan when no one out the government was prepared to take a lead? No

Even if herd immunity is the way to go. What you absolutely need to do is buy time to prepare. Be proactive not reactive. Imagine if they prepared properly and bought 40,000 ventilators ramped up testing capabilities so all key workers could be tested. bought enough protective clothing for the NHS. Quadrupled ICU beds. Invested in therapeutic treatments using existing drugs.... oh and be sure that any kind of immunity is actually possible... because we are still not sure about that yet.

Exactly. What we are doing at the moment is buying time to investigate the best ways out of this. Boris dithered - which is what he has done throughout his political career - and that will probably cost thousands of lives.

Just out of interest and a genuine question. Based on your own individual foresight did you take your own precautions against this? I don't know you and your work/life etc but based on what you can control did you control that?

Exactly. What we are doing at the moment is buying time to investigate the best ways out of this. Boris dithered - which is what he has done throughout his political career - and that will probably cost thousands of lives.

As will Joe public's idiocy, if you stay in you infect on average 2.5 people in a week max. If you don't its near 300.

Its not all on Bojo

Just out of interest and a genuine question. Based on your own individual foresight did you take your own precautions against this? I don't know you and your work/life etc but based on what you can control did you control that?

I absolutely did yeah. The only thing I didnt do which I should have done is short the market. But I just dont have the Stones for that to honest...

I absolutely did yeah. The only thing I didnt do which I should have done is short the market. But I just dont have the Stones for that to honest...

What did you do out of pure interest, not down to our chat, I am genuinely intrigued. Fair play to you BTW

According to CNN the EU or being part there of is holding up efforts to support Spain and Italy. Silver linings and all that

Back