• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I disagree but you could he right. I saw it as us reverting to the type of lethargic football that we'd played for 6-12 months. Liverpool, to me, really only have one way of playing and it's relentless. To me, they were nervous on the night which is why I think if they don't get the early pen or we put them under pressure, they'd have bottled it. They had form.

Sadly it looks like that win has given them belief and they've used it as a massive springboard to mind boggling form.

I agree, pressure was all on them.
Lose two CL finals in a row and second in the league breaking records I honestly think they would be a hollow shadow if they had lost that game.
But they stood up and were counted. We went into our shell. For all the talk of wanting to win a trophy every time we have had a chance the players haven't turned up.
Put up or shut up.
And eriksen isn't any more guilty of it than any of the rest of them.

Comparing Eriksen to Hazard is a little silly IMO. Hazard turns up in the big games time after time and has the medals to back it up. He can take the ball, beat 5 players and score a wonder goal. Eriksen has played well in SOME big games but he doesn’t do it enough. No more or no less than the rest of our players tbf but he is arguably our most important attacking player after Kane and you expect your best players to carry you at times when the rest of the team doesn’t turn up.

On the subject of booing, I wouldn’t and I haven’t but I don’t blame those that do after some of the performances he has served up, Liverpool being the worst. How anyone can be happy with his output or effort in that game I don’t know. It’s not the first time we have seen a Spurs player down tools. Berbatov, Bale and Modric have all down similar or worse. Part of it might be that they feel they have to act like a complete bell end in order to push through the transfer as we all know how hard Levy negotiates. Other than Walker which seemed very amicable and straightforward, can’t remember when we’ve sold any other star players without there being some kind of aggro.

Yeah I don't believe anyone didn't try their best in that final. Both sides were pretty ordinary and aside from Winks and Rose, I can't remember anyone who played anywhere near their ability (although I wouldn't have been watching their players too closely).

The hurt from that game is that at times under Poch, we were frightening. Solid at the back, dominant in midfield and lightning quick in attack. Relentless pressing. True, it had been gone for a year by the time the final rolled around. Logically, it was always going to be difficult to turn it back on. But we all hoped that the team would turn up and look like Poch's Tottenham for the biggest game in our history. One 90 minutes. Go out and bust a gut, leave everything out there and give your legacy the trophy it deserves. And the players and manager collectively failed as badly as they could because we didn't play at all. I don't believe it was lack of effort or anything - just one of those things that had built up over a year.

That's what stings most of all. In the pit of my stomach, I feel sick whenever I think of that game because I know that if Poch's Tottenham had turned up, we'd be European champions right now. And that hurt won't go away no matter how illogical it is.

I sympathise completely with the sentiments mate. I too probably won’t ever get over that game unless we somehow manage to go one better and win it. I also agree neither team were at their best. Having said that, once Liverpool got the lead, they didn’t look like conceding and most importantly they didn’t make any critical mistakes. I think my biggest criticism of Poch and his teams were how often we just didn’t turn up in big games, the champions league for me was the last straw in that sense. We went all that way to turn up and play like that? We looked scared and timid in big games, we made sloppy mistakes and our in game management was very poor. The two games that stand out for me in the Poch era are the CL final and the FA cup semi against United who were a fairly average side and we barely troubled them once we went behind. I’ll never know how we failed to nick even one trophy with the teams we had.

Those words make it sound like the price has been fixed all along. And that Inter have been messing us around. Still. We should have not been playing him. I think GLC is showing we have
a ready made replacement for him already. His link up play and passing are starting to come to the fore. Kane would be thriving of the passes he is making.

So glad this situation is almost over. Bye Bye CE, thanks for ruining your own legacy here.

Weird emoji for Eriksen to use.
I dunno, a shoulder shrug sums him up over the last 18 months or so. He’s not completely downed tools / refused to play / slammed the club like a few have done in the past, he’s just half turned up with no different reaction whether he’s given a start, been benched or completely dropped in the previous game.
I get the impression he needs everything to be right for him to play at his best, possibly a reason he chose us in the first instance and when he was in his pomp never openly looked to want to move. There was a drop off last time his contract came up for renewal though.
I do wonder with players like Eriksen and Bale who are introverted personalities have been influenced by their agents who have drummed into them that they are worth £x per week or should be playing at x club rather than being able to consider where they feel the most comfortable to play their best football. If so it’s a real example of a parasite taking over the host.

Parasite/host dynamic describes the career path of agents well!
I dunno, a shoulder shrug sums him up over the last 18 months or so. He’s not completely downed tools / refused to play / slammed the club like a few have done in the past, he’s just half turned up with no different reaction whether he’s given a start, been benched or completely dropped in the previous game.
I get the impression he needs everything to be right for him to play at his best, possibly a reason he chose us in the first instance and when he was in his pomp never openly looked to want to move. There was a drop off last time his contract came up for renewal though.
I do wonder with players like Eriksen and Bale who are introverted personalities have been influenced by their agents who have drummed into them that they are worth £x per week or should be playing at x club rather than being able to consider where they feel the most comfortable to play their best football. If so it’s a real example of a parasite taking over the host.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back