• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Good news, seems like Jose's arrival has refocused him as well as I think a degree of lack of interest in the summer. It does say something about how he felt about playing under Poch I think.

Also keeping Toby means signing a defender immediately is much less pressing. A group of Toby, Sanchez and Foyth is pretty good. If Jan still goes then we need someone in the summer but much much much less urgently.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I'm sure someone would have taken him on a free in the summer. Makes you wonder if Poch was part of the problem with Toby?
Poch lack of winning mentality??
Who knows but we do know that Mou has won everything in the game and the very best players in the game want to play for those who have won things

I think with the lack of use of Foyth, and the slow progression of Sanchez, having Toby on for longer is nothing but a help. Hopefully Jan follows suit.

If let's say Jan and Toby left, we'd be looking at buying either a ready to go CH (pricey) and/or a experienced old head to help for a couple of seasons. With Toby (and Jan hopefully) we've ticked that box already. It also gives us some breathing space in case Foyth or Sanchez don't make the grade and we have to go for a £50/60m ready made CH.

Poch lack of winning meteorology??
Who knows but we do know that Mou has won everything in the game and the very best players in the game want to play for those who have won things
I don't think it was that. Obviously Poch and Toby weren't seeing eye to eye about his contract situation, and that's fair enough, especially as Poch wanted fully bought in players. (Mentally). On Toby's side add that to the hard regime Poch runs and he probably concluded a new challenge made sense.

Of course, being overlooked by everyone in the summer and a new man (a top inspirational manager) coming in, could quite easily focus the mind on staying.

Tottenham is a beautiful club after all:D

AWESOME NEWS!!!!

This is brilliant. It defuses a huge problem area, we can now pick and choose what we do, rather than having a massive hole full of infants at the back.

Essentially this is the same as if we just signed Harry McGuire or someone on a free transer - BRILLIANT!

Note, I read about Toby's new deal on the BBC site, and they also said this:

As for Spurs' north London rivals, here's some team news from the Gunners...
Granit Xhaka (concussion) is available for selection again while Hector Bellerin (hamstring), Rob Holding (knee) and Mesut Ozil (foot) are being assessed before Saturday's game.
Dani Ceballos (hamstring) is aiming to return to full training next week, with Sead Kolasinac targeting a return to full training in January due to the ankle injury he sustained in Sunday's defeat by Emirates Marketing Project.
Kieran Tierney (dislocated shoulder) had successful surgery this week and hopes to be back in full training in March

Imagine that... you are hoping for Xhaka and Ozil to be fit... Kolasinac was just back to replace the injured Tierney and is now injured himself for the whole of Christmas... you are hoping to get Mikel Arteta to be your boss.... because your biggest rivals jumped in and flipped Poch for Mourinho, whilst you sacked your boss and let Ljungberg have a go... GET IN THERE!

Back