• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Looking forward to seeing the poor working classes eat Boris’ ready meal.

With a big majority Boris won’t need the ERG, so he can choose his Brexit. Boris can design Brexit. That should be a laugh!

Hope Boris’ microwave cooking tastes good.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Are you thinking he'll soften? I think that's a misread. This is a mandate to get the fudge out of Dodge. That's the path he'll choose from the offset at least. No doubt there will be a few twists but he has momentum and will ride it as far as he can.

There is no doubt in my mind, Boris’ team (Dominic Cummings) is the most competent of a bad bunch. Labour and Lib Dem’s were weak, and lacking credibility. Even those who were sympathetic to Labours ethics couldn’t see them actually running anything.

The fascinating thing now is the Eaton boy - a member of the wealthy elite - has been backed by the poorest people. And let’s be straight all because of Brexit. They voted for Boris’ ‘ready meal’. When it doesn’t taste like milk and honey but zhit, one shouldn’t laugh, but what else can you do?

Are you thinking he'll soften? I think that's a misread. This is a mandate to get the fudge out of Dodge. That's the path he'll choose from the offset at least. No doubt there will be a few twists but he has momentum and will ride it as far as he can.

He has carte balance. He can now choose. When factory jobs are on the line I think he could well deliver a soft Brexit. Trying to do anything else will cause more trouble and problems. Without the ERG Boris doesn’t have to worry about Brexit not being hard enough. In short a soft Brexit is lower risk.

BUT Dominic Cummings is a true Leave supporter (unlike Boris who can follow the prevailing breeze). If Cummings has a strong vision for Brexit then maybe they will try for something more profound. But who has a ‘strong vision’ for Brexit?

All there is from leaving are free trade deals with non EU countries. These FTA will never make up the lost trade with the EU.

So there is a compelling logic for Boris trying to dress up a soft Brexit as something much stronger. He’ll say see - I got it done.

There is no doubt in my mind, Boris’ team (Dominic Cummings) is the most competent of a bad bunch. Labour and Lib Dem’s were weak, and lacking credibility. Even those who were sympathetic to Labours ethics couldn’t see them actually running anything.

The fascinating thing now is the Eaton boy - a member of the wealthy elite - has been backed by the poorest people. And let’s be straight all because of Brexit. They voted for Boris’ ‘ready meal’. When it doesn’t taste like milk and honey but zhit, one shouldn’t laugh, but what else can you do?

You do know that Cummings wasn't involved in the campaign and has been away having an operation? They hired the 2 young Kiwi's for their social media and an Aussie who got the Conservatives elected there.

People have been saying for a long time that if you continually sneer down at good honest people telling them they didn't know what they voted for, that they're stupid, don't understand the world etc then they will get their payback and it looks like they have.

Going to be one almighty battle in Labour now, Corbyn may have gone down badly but the strategy of people like Starmer has been pretty awful as well.

They had the opportunity to take May's deal which was fairly soft really as they likely wouldn't have got any alternative arrangements (at least not for years) and would have effectivley kept us in single market and customs union but instead they kept pushing for more and will now likely end up with a much harder brexit and potentially no deal.

You do know that Cummings wasn't involved in the campaign and has been away having an operation? They hired the 2 young Kiwi's for their social media and an Aussie who got the Conservatives elected there.

Cummings being seen not to be pulling the strings was just clever politicking. He was starting to look like the puppet master so tell everyone he's not involved. The truth is this election (and the leave campaign) are of his design. And he has been a massive part of nailing both.

People have been saying for a long time that if you continually sneer down at good honest people telling them they didn't know what they voted for, that they're stupid, don't understand the world etc then they will get their payback and it looks like they have.

Haha I love this narrative. 1. Who are they "getting payback" on?

Take the Sunderland constituency as an example. Nissan is the areas biggest employer. It has been clear Brexit is bad for business. If the UK does not have free trade with the EU on goods, then the car firm will be impacted. The type of Brexit Boris was talking about would result in Nissan closing its operations in Sunderland. It is simple - 10% tariffs on cars exported to the EU - will mean the factory will not stay in the UK.

2. Who is "continually sneer[ing] down"? I am not. I see Brexit as something that has been miss-sold. Something that contained hope. A promise of renewal. Of patriotism. That it is none of those things is not the fault of people who voted for these aims. It is the people serving up the ready meal. A meal that will taste like shyte - because it is made of shyte. It has no tasty ingredients that were promised. If it did people could outline them. Free trade deals with the rest of the world are no compensation for lost ease of trade with our neighbors.

Going to be one almighty battle in Labour now, Corbyn may have gone down badly but the strategy of people like Starmer has been pretty awful as well.

They had the opportunity to take May's deal which was fairly soft really as they likely wouldn't have got any alternative arrangements (at least not for years) and would have effectivley kept us in single market and customs union but instead they kept pushing for more and will now likely end up with a much harder brexit and potentially no deal.

Boris re-hashed May's exit deal. Effectively delivering what May had rejected months earlier because it would split Ireland off from the UK. Expect the same on what actually transpires from Brexit.

One thing I was dreaming about was Uxbridge not returning a Conservative. How funny would that be!? Obviously not on the cards now. Will stay up to see the clown at work - our PM for at least 5 years.

Lib Deb/Labour voters who didnt vote tactically and wanted the Tories out are dullards and will get the Government they deserve.

Lib Deb/Labour voters who didnt vote tactically and wanted the Tories out are dullards and will get the Government they deserve.
Those who did vote tactically are still idiots
The swing needed would never work
The funny thing is that people are still in denial around Brexit and it’s impact. It’s won the conservatives a large majority without trying... easiest win they have had in my lifetime

Back