• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Heung Min Son.

We were first interested when he was at Hamburg at looked into signing him the same window Bale left but chose not to then signed him anyway 2 years later.

There have been other examples of players we scouted but didn't buy at the time because we were unsure who then went on to prove themselves to the extent we could no longer buy them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
We were also interested in Maddison from Coventry

Wonder whether the new manager chooses the targets or if we will back our scouts.

Depends on who it is ..

- despite the "shock" of some people, this has been coming.

My best assumption

- We had a discussion with our potential replacement/s
- The budget and targets expected would have been part of the discussion/negotiation
- The more high profile the incoming manager, likely the more leverage they had on expected signings

I'm sure people will jump in and say Spurs/Levy never spends money, but today's Spurs is not last years, or the Spurs of 3 years ago ..

Depends on who it is ..

- despite the "shock" of some people, this has been coming.

My best assumption

- We had a discussion with our potential replacement/s
- The budget and targets expected would have been part of the discussion/negotiation
- The more high profile the incoming manager, likely the more leverage they had on expected signings

I'm sure people will jump in and say Spurs/Levy never spends money, but today's Spurs is not last years, or the Spurs of 3 years ago ..
That’s the key
People seem to think we’re skint
We have huge income now and no capital projects to eat it up that haven’t already been funded (currently)
i think with a Portuguese manager coming in we will sign a great Portugal midfielder who scored the other night and Lisbon want to sell

That’s the key
People seem to think we’re skint
We have huge income now and no capital projects to eat it up that haven’t already been funded (currently)
i think with a Portuguese manager coming in we will sign a great Portugal midfielder who scored the other night and Lisbon want to sell

People have always confused Levy's money management with Skint/stupidity, you don't build the stadium/facilities we did if either of those were true.

The project costs are final/known, the debt has been refinanced very favorably and we can calculate our income (plus the additional things like NFL) much clearer now. If we want to, we can invest significantly to either protect or progress or push on.

People have always confused Levy's money management with Skint/stupidity, you don't build the stadium/facilities we did if either of those were true.

The project costs are final/known, the debt has been refinanced very favorably and we can calculate our income (plus the additional things like NFL) much clearer now. If we want to, we can invest significantly to either protect or progress or push on.
The issue isn't that we are skint, the issue is that we still can't pay the going rate for the very top talents and in demand players. If there is a bidding war, we will not win and likely won't even compete, that has not changed.

The issue isn't that we are skint, the issue is that we still can't pay the going rate for the very top talents and in demand players. If there is a bidding war, we will not win and likely won't even compete, that has not changed.

But it's never that simple is it?

- Yes, we are probably not going to buy Mbappe but then neither is anyone else bar two or three clubs
- Somehow in a much worse position financially as well as less likely to win trophies we have managed to buy a lot of very good players in last 10-15 years.

A respected manager, a side that a top player will likely start in (very important distinction vs some of the people who could outbid us), great facilities, we aren't the ugly girl at the party anymore ..

We will not compete with Madrid/Barca and PSG and United
We can compete with everyone else though
Our transfer record fee isn’t far off city’s Dont forget
And big clubs don’t do bidding wars, desperate ones do.. hence why city dropped out of the deal for Maguire

Back