• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Absolutely gutted but I feel it's the correct decision and there is more behind this than results. Don't condemn Levy. Perhaps the players, or some players weren't happy, perhaps Poch was behaving in a way that wasn't acceptable, perhaps Poch had a go at Levy. Any number of things could have happened. Whatever it was, we clearly weren't a happy camp this year. Something had to give.

12 months ago, I panicked when Poch was linked with United. Proper fudging worried. But now, I don't feel an ounce of that panic. That's how far we've fallen and how bad the last 12 months has been. I am forever grateful to Poch for what he gave us. Brilliant football, great results, consistency. Real, real pride at being a Spurs fan. Not just a top 4 team - we challenged for the big trophies. For so long he was a class act and was almost everything you'd want in a Spurs manager.

He won nowt though. And while that doesn't make his time here any less successful, it also rubbishes the "we weren't good enough for him" school of thought. We're Tottenham fudging Hotspur. We've won trophies regularly for decades and Poch couldn't add to that. He got bloody close and close to some big ones. But he won nothing.

It's a desperately sad day. I loved him and I love him. And I love what he did here. But I fudging trust Levy 100%. I hated what he did to Jol, I hated what he did to Harry. But we came out the other side stronger than ever (eventually). We will again. This is a dark, dark day but there will be bright ones ahead.

Irrespective of whether you wanted him out or not, it is nonsense to say that it is a great day for the club. I’m not so confident in our chairman replacing him well.
Of course it's a great day. Our form from Jan was heading towards relegation, so getting rid of the cause of that form is a great day.

Cant believe anyone on here can be surprised, he lost the players he was increasingly odd and moody and did not want to be here.

Time for a manager who is going to give his all.

I would thank Poch for the champs league final but he ruined it for me by talking about leaving the week before.

So Mr Poch, go fcuk yourself.

"go fudge yourself"...disgraceful. Seriously, wash your mouth out.

I'm gutted about this.

Yes, the results at the back end of last season could have been better, but this could easily be explained by a tired group of players concentrating on the CL. They didn't win, but a few want to run their deals down and go. You'd think they would want to 'shop window' their wares first half of the season and sign a deal abroad in Jan.

This season we haven't been good, but are 3 points off fifth.

There is no denying he did look tired though and maybe there was no fight left. Management these days seems so much more of an all round job and the top managers seem to have a six months to a year off after each big job to regroup.

Still, I'm sure we can get someone in to tell them to 'just fahking run around a bit' and all will be well.

Haven't been this sad about Spurs since Big Martin left.

Those criticising Levy are being ridiculous. This guy is extremely close to Poch, this decision wouldn’t have come without much thought, much regret and would have just been damn difficult for him to do. Added to the fact he sees him day in day out and would know if he wasn’t performing as he could, and would know about the feeling from the squad towards Poch. In short, Levy is a hell of a lot more informed than anyone on here and I trust every decision he makes is in the best interests of the club and if he deems Poch no longer the best option to take us forward I back him. And that’s before we look at the most obvious evidence of just the results and performances for GHod knows how long domestically now....

We don’t. Why do we? The stadium wouldn’t be reliant on it.

I don’t mean financially, if we drop out just once the momentum is killed and it will take us years to fight our way back. It’s about perception and reputation. You can’t ever go backwards, it’s a ratchet action, each step is the new baseline.

I need to stay away from this thread for a while.

I will make one request, and hold myself to the same standard.

Let's please NOT insult the (ex) manager or each other.

I unreservedly apologies to Chich and others I might have insulted.

I WILL say, if anyone wants to keep coming, I'll be back later, but I hope we can be respectful.

For some of us this is a lot more than the table.

And even then, having told EVERYONE what he wanted for the last three windows and two season, he was repeatedly fudgeD by that stupid bald clam.

Steff, I think you're a great poster and I love your optimism but this is out of order.

Levy has done a lot for our club. This will have been a very, very tough decision for him and one he won't have taken lightly. I've no doubt there is stuff going on we aren't aware of. To abuse the man like this and take exception to others doing likewise about Poch is a bit hypocritical.

I've no problem with people criticising Doctor Evil but this sort of abuse is uncalled for.

Fcking disgrace of a decision. Should have backed him not sacked him.who the fudge Are going to get who will do a better job operating under the same constraints????
Moanihno undoubtedly circling....he can fudge off

I don’t mean financially, if we drop out just once the momentum is killed and it will take us years to fight our way back. It’s about perception and reputation. You can’t ever go backwards, it’s a ratchet action, each step is the new baseline.
Do you honestly think we will get top 4 this year!? That’s gone imo which is why I would have let Poch have the season to finalise the clear out.

"go fudge yourself"...disgraceful. Seriously, wash your mouth out.

Why because I have a difference of opinion to you?

I get the whole hero worship thing, many do it with musicians and some with politicians but it was never for me. He did not want to be here so as a club something I care passionately about he can fcuk off somewhere else I'm not interested in the moody sod. I tolerate it when the results are good but not the rest of the time.

There is some major over the top comments about Levy. It was obviously a very hard decision for him.
None of us know what happened in the meetings that happened in the last week to make Levy pull the trigger.
We don't know if Poch made it obvious he hadn't the fight in him to turn it around, was willing to make the
hard decisions that needed to be made or if the players had made it clear that Poch needed to go etc.

Poch has also flirted with other clubs and hinted he was ready to leave. We've seen how that ended when Jol
and Redknapp did the same.

I'm sad to see Poch go, but we've had better and more successful managers than him leave. Tottenham are
bigger than Poch and will be fine without him.

Back