• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Davies could defo do a job LCB in a 4. My only worry then would be you’d have Sess bombing on from LB leaving Davies makeshift in a 4. I think the best use of those 2 would be 3 at the back with Davies Left of the 3 and Sess LWB although I’m not a fan of that system really - especially as we have no natural RWB.
Hence the wonky with Foyth playing RB

I assume Sissoko RCM to do the dropping in when Foyth tucks in and plenty of additional work for Lamela/GLC as a result.

I actually think Dier has a long term future at CB and is a leader. He’s been rusty of late but reads the game and will get sharper.
Not sure TBH

I could see a back 4 of sessegnon, Davies, Sanchez and Foyth
With that being a wonky 3 when Sessegnok goes forward and Dier maybe taking Sanchez place

Not sure TBH

I could see a back 4 of sessegnon, Davies, Sanchez and Foyth
With that being a wonky 3 when Sessegnok goes forward and Dier maybe taking Sanchez place

Foyth Sanchez Davies Sessegnon
Dier
Becoming :

Sanchez Dier Davies
Foyth---------------------------Sessegnon
Could work...

Allowing a mix of Ndombele Lo Celso Alli Kane and Son to fill in ahead

This is really worrying. Worse than average at most points, no better than slightly above average at his best stats now. And it's not just the rest of the team not delivering. If Kane was still playing good, at least some of the stats should show that.
What is baffling me, is that he's stopped shooting at sight, like he used to. Now he's taking too many touches and hesitating all the time.
You're not wrong, but I seem to recall that when a couple of seasons back he was shooting on sight and scoring bucket loads he was also getting hammered on here for being too selfish.

Oh the irony.

You're not wrong, but I seem to recall that when a couple of seasons back he was shooting on sight and scoring bucket loads he was also getting hammered on here for being too selfish.

Oh the irony.

We also now let teams get set up defensively which makes it harder for Kane to shoot on sight

when we pressed and attacked with pace we were ok the front foot so he could do just that

Kane is a bit of a head scratcher. As we can all see he’s not the player of a couple of seasons back. Thing is for me him dropping slightly deeper has caused knock on issues. Mostly on Dele . Kane seems to be occupying the areas on the pitch that Dele looked good in when Kane was in and about the box.

Kane is everywhere but in the box where we need him. Even when he is in the box it may be my imagination but he does not attack the balls that do get put into him with any conviction. He’s had the odd game where he’s been good but the No10 Kane is not the player we need it’s the old No 9 Kane and he’s disappeared.

Kane is a bit of a head scratcher. As we can all see he’s not the player of a couple of seasons back. Thing is for me him dropping slightly deeper has caused knock on issues. Mostly on Dele . Kane seems to be occupying the areas on the pitch that Dele looked good in when Kane was in and about the box.

Kane is everywhere but in the box where we need him. Even when he is in the box it may be my imagination but he does not attack the balls that do get put into him with any conviction. He’s had the odd game where he’s been good but the No10 Kane is not the player we need it’s the old No 9 Kane and he’s disappeared.

son is part of the problem
Both players are brilliant but arguably are not a cohesive pairing
Sonny is too greedy for Kane for a start

son is part of the problem
Both players are brilliant but arguably are not a cohesive pairing
Sonny is too greedy for Kane for a start

Yes can see why that’s the case . Still Kane’s adaptation to the deeper role in behind means we need another Striker and as brilliant as Son can be on his day he’s not that man .

Also some of Kane’s passing over distance is great but not so sure he’s suited to the 10 role.

Yes can see why that’s the case . Still Kane’s adaptation to the deeper role in behind means we need another Striker and as brilliant as Son can be on his day he’s not that man .

Also some of Kane’s passing over distance is great but not so sure he’s suited to the 10 role.
I think Kane is truly versatile and his passing is sublime
Son for me needs to play wide with another like him on the other side
If we could get silly money from Dele and use that for Sancho I’d do it as he is the perfect fit for the other side

Pools full backs get around 35 assists a season!!!!!
I think I may even be low with that number
Ours get maybe 5 or 6

FWIW... Klopp’s fullbacks average an assist every fourth game...

Arnold: 24 assists + 5 goals in 102 games over 8,079 minutes (337 mins per assist)
Robertson: 22 assists + 3 goals in 96 games over 8,409 minutes (382 mpa)

Which is a figure only Trippier got close to... if only he had Walker’s athleticism!

Trippier: 24 assists + 2 goals in 114 games over 9,170 minutes (382 mpa)
Rose: 29 assists + 10 goals in 209 games over 16,035 minutes (553 mpa)
Davies: 17 assists + 4 goals in 176 games over 13,330 minutes (784 mpa)
Walker: 20 assists + 4 goals in 209 games over 19,577 minutes (979 mpa)

Arnold: 24 assists + 5 goals in 102 games over 8,079 minutes (337 mins per assist)

Which is a figure only Trippier got close to... if only he had Walker’s athleticism!

And with due respect their numbers are getting better and better where as ours are getting worse

Last edited:

Can you do Walker Peters?

Back