• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - FK Crvena zvezda Vs Tottenham Hotspur, CL Group stage, round 4***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My first European awayday.
Flight cancelled this morning. Rerouted with 2 stops instead of 1, adding four hours to the journey. One connection with only 30 mins to make. First (rearranged) flight now at least 30 mins delayed.
The usual pessimistic side of me thinks this is a bad omen for the whole trip.
The rarer optimist is hoping that it’s good to get all this out of the way today and all will be good tomorrow.

Flight cancelled this morning. Rerouted with 2 stops instead of 1, adding four hours to the journey. One connection with only 30 mins to make. First (rearranged) flight now at least 30 mins delayed.
The rarer optimist is hoping that it’s good to get all this out of the way today and all will be good tomorrow.

Believe! Nice one on the journey. Love Euro awaydays!

I think that RSB are a different prospect at home.

And the environment/atmosphere will require some stones from us to over come and perform.

Honestly Im less than confident of a result. We should beat them, but who knows what Spurs will turn up?

If we are as insipid as we were Sunday I dont think it will go well. If we are much more on the front foot, we should be ok.

You'll have that again, getting out of the stadium. I thought you went to the final?

You'll have that again, getting out of the stadium. I thought you went to the final?

Not the actual final. Just to Madrid.

Going from bad to worse. Replacement flight out of City now cancelled. Waiting to see what they’ll put me on. Some people here on a 6pm flight.
Some having to overnight in Vienna.
What a palava!

Going from bad to worse. Replacement flight out of City now cancelled. Waiting to see what they’ll put me on. Some people here on a 6pm flight.
What a palava!

Love the word palava. Not used nearly often enough imo!

Hope the team repay you for all your efforts to get there - and away from there!!!

I’m guessing the price of fuel for his private jet had unexpectedly ramped up.

I doubt that.
I think it is to upgrade from Ryan Air / Easy Jet to maybe Iberian or Icelandic .
Or maybe to hire a caravan for "exploring " England.

Liverpool crumbled under the pressure out in Serbia last time and Mauricio Pochettino must make sure the same doesn't happen to his side as they look to cement their place in the top two of Group B with two games remaining.

So, what was the atmosphere like in Belgrade 12 months ago when Liverpool played there?

Speaking after the game, Jurgen Klopp opened up on what his team had to go through and what it was like when the hosts doubled their lead.

"It was a good football atmosphere. I don’t think it would have been impossible to perform, to be honest," he said.

"It was not that we had to be afraid or whatever, it was a football atmosphere. Whatever they sang, we don’t understand. It was only loud.

"The atmosphere, singing-wise and noise-wise or whatever, was not a problem. But the atmosphere after the second goal especially, in the whole club, if you want, they could now smell it.

"At half-time we walked a long way to the dressing room and they were all in a very positive mood. We were actually the other way around.”

The hostile atmosphere will play a big part in proceedings on Wednesday evening and, fingers crossed, the Spurs team will take it all in their stride to put themselves in a brilliant position to qualify for the next stage of the competition.

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...pur-news-know-your-opponent-red-star-belgrade

CFC: We’ve all seen the rather intimidating video of the tunnel cam. Was that an unusual circumstance, or can Spurs expect a similar reception on Wednesday?

UE: The tunnel video that circulated last year was shot prior to our Europa League games in 2017. The graffiti is gone, but that’s not going to stop it being a bit scary for visitors, as it’s quite long and quite loud. When the players emerge, it won’t be to a friendly reception...the noise will get steadily louder as they come out. We can’t say teams will be more prepared for how the atmosphere will affect them this season, as only Olympiacos has been to the Markana, and they were met with a friendly reception (the teams are twinned). Yet the longer the game went on, the more rattled they seem (of course, their red card didn’t help)..

CFC: Red Star has only played one home Champions League match thus far, and they defeated 10 man Olympiacos, as you mentioned. We know they beat Liverpool in Belgrade last season. How confident are you that they can get a result against a Spurs side that has struggled mightily on the road?

UE: Did you know Zvezda beat Liverpool on the exact day that Spurs will come to town? And that we defeated the same domestic team, with the same scoreline, prior to that match? [Author’s Note: We’re screwed.] You’re lucky though; that was the 7pm game, so maybe the bad juju won’t pass to you. We hope so, though, because that 5-0 defeat was tough to watch. Yet Red Star is much tougher at home - more aggressive, braver. That said, the first half against Olympiacos was not particularly good. Although the halftime atmosphere was friendly - Red Star fans cheered the visitors, even though they were winning, the team came back out ready to fight, and dominated even before Olympiacos got a red card. Adding a second striker really changed the game; although Olympiacos had few decent attacks, it was mostly one-sided.

We acknowledge the big gap in quality between the two teams...but we also acknowledged it before Liverpool. It’ll come down to just how shaken Spurs were by Sunday’s draw (and horrific injury) and how they handle the atmosphere. Like we said, teams seem to know, on an intellectual level, what they’re walking into, but they still appear shaken when they hear just how much noise the Marakana can make...and that we don’t let up after the initial reception. In other words, we’ve got no need for a Emirates Marketing Project-style recruitment of “influencers” to create an atmosphere here.

Oh brick. Can someone blindfold our lads, or bring them on through an emergency exit?

A big scary tunnel is going to absolutely destroy them and have them wetting the bed some more for weeks to come.

Reminds me of walking out at Maine Road before games back in the 60's.:eek:

What a palava!

Of course you will retell the tales of travel for years mate and they will become badges of honour! Doesn’t help much now of course, but they will. I was once detained at Frankfurt as I flew in early morning for the drive to Kaiserslautern away...many stories!!!!

For me it was Maine Road in the early 80s onwards. Quite an exit...

It was dodging the " find the lady" card sharps which made the journey interesting, not a nice area if you stayed past dark.

The players tunnel which what i was referring to even had blood on the walls ( or what looked liked blood).

You might have to explain to a lot of new Emirates Marketing Project fans what Maine Road was...

Very true. A lot of the old fans no longer go there anymore ( my old man was a City fan), they are that desperate to fill the ground they are giving away S/T to those who say they can no longer afford them. True story.

Back