• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best bit of steak I ever had

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Went out for dinner last night. The were 8 of us and the steak oh my days was good.

Any of you twassocks down in Brighton go to the coal shed. Absolutely great food.

Also not usually a wine drinker but the merlot was damn good as well. Best bit was my birthday so did not have to pay.

Seriously if any of you are down this way pop in.

Eat less beef fudgers.

I used to have this amazing Chateaubriand in a local Italian restaurant of all places. I went back at least 5 times it was so good. Then they shut down. Also fudgers.

I resent buying steak in a restaurant as i can cook one just as well at home for a fraction of the cost

One of the best steaks I ever had (as strange as it may sound) was up in Saudi Sportswashing Machine, 2 or 3 times through the mid-late 00's when I would stay up there for the weekend for away games. Can't recall the name of the restaurant & I don't think it's there anymore. Haven't done a northeast away game since 2014, so might be time for a return just to check.

Have you eaten at Le Manoir Aux Qaut'Saisons?

That would probably change your mind.

Funnily enough i haven't and steak would probably be the last thing i would order off the menu if i ever got the chance to eat there - it's only on the menu at high end restaurants to cater for fussy eaters ;)

Funnily enough i haven't and steak would probably be the last thing i would order off the menu if i ever got the chance to eat there - it's only on the menu at high end restaurants to cater for fussy eaters ;)
I didn't either - beef was part of a set menu at an event there I attended.

It was softer than any other beef I've eaten and topped with marrow and sweetbreads. Was like eating a cow flavoured cloud.

Whats the most you guys have ever spent on a meal (exc wine) ?

Most you have ever spent on a bottle of wine ?

Mine is £250 and £120

Dinner at Attica in Melbourne. That was $400 (£200) per person, plus bottles of wine on top. That was a wonderful experience, some of the best food I've eaten anywhere.

I've spent similar amount elsewhere too. $300 per person at Brae, Vue de Monde etc

Price isn't everything of course, had some wonderful meals for under £50 per head too. Depends what you're in the mood for.

Mine was total
I spent somewhere between £600 and £700 at Alain Ducasse when we stayed at the Plaza, a thoroughly disappointing meal. Lunchthe next day at the Grand Vefour was much better at less than half the price.

Most I've spent was at Marcus at the Berkeley, but it was my mother in law's 60th so I took a few of us out.

Most on wine was that night, I think the bottle was around £300 ish but it was a special occasion.

Back