• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I actually quite like Labours Brexit position. Seems the most sensible and fair. Lib Dems should be picking up a tonne of votes with people viewing Boris and Corbyn as a couple of clowns, but their cancel Brexit policy, whilst it makes sense, is too dramatic? Too much of a U-turn and sellout of the referendum? Or is it? Who would you vote for? Who should I vote for?

I actually quite like Labours Brexit position. Seems the most sensible and fair. Lib Dems should be picking up a tonne of votes with people viewing Boris and Corbyn as a couple of clowns, but their cancel Brexit policy, whilst it makes sense, is too dramatic? Too much of a U-turn and sellout of the referendum? Or is it? Who would you vote for? Who should I vote for?
Screenshot (14).png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-8_15-3-39.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-8_15-3-39.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 6

Of course I would need to understand it fully to appreciate it to its fullest :D But the premise is alright...

Is the danger for old Bojo that once people get Labours fair Brexit approach, and start to understand Corbyn's other ideas, he comes on late again? While the Torys alienate any clear-thinking reasonable people that don't want Brexit? How much is Johnson relying on the LibDems taking away Labour votes?

As for the Labour Brexit policy, I'd be happy as an MP getting behind it. Labour to get the best looking deal for the UK. With everything on the table, clear and transparent, with the people knowing everything, put it to a public ballot. May's deal, Coybyn's deal, No Deal take your pick and remain/leave as a part 1 question (before people whinge).

Is there a fairer more democratic solution to Brexit? I don't think so.

Of course I would need to understand it fully to appreciate it to its fullest :D But the premise is alright...

Is the danger for old Bojo that once people get Labours fair Brexit approach, and start to understand Corbyn's other ideas, he comes on late again? While the Torys alienate any clear-thinking reasonable people that don't want Brexit? How much is Johnson relying on the LibDems taking away Labour votes?

As for the Labour Brexit policy, I'd be happy as an MP getting behind it. Labour to get the best looking deal for the UK. With everything on the table, clear and transparent, with the people knowing everything, put it to a public ballot. May's deal, Coybyn's deal, No Deal take your pick and remain/leave as a part 1 question (before people whinge).

Is there a fairer more democratic solution to Brexit? I don't think so.

I'd be very wary of anything MPs are willing to get behind, bunch of self serving, nose in the trough, useless tossers.

I think Labour's Brexit policy is very clear - act as remainers for a London, Scotland and Bristol audience; act as leavers for the rest of the country.

Unless of course that's any version of leave in any way endorsed by the Conservative party - they couldn't possibly agree to that, no matter what 17.4 million people say.

Just looks like more of the same old EU ploy of "Here's the exit door, we'll give you the key when we decide we want you to have it"
Rather it gives the people of NI the sole power and means to terminate the backstop, so the 'undemocratic backstop' now becomes the time limited democratic backstop.

Rather it gives the people of NI the sole power and means to terminate the backstop, so the 'undemocratic backstop' now becomes the time limited democratic backstop.
Except for the fact that they've now included people who, for entirely sectarian reasons, will never vote against the EU because they would see that as a vote to be British (which they already are).

Except for the fact that they've now included people who, for entirely sectarian reasons, will never vote against the EU because they would see that as a vote to be British (which they already are).
That's the clever bit. It takes away a veto from people who for entirely sectarian reasons, will never vote against the English because they would see that as a vote to be EU (which they already are). ;)

That's the clever bit. It takes away a veto from people who for entirely sectarian reasons, will never vote against the English because they would see that as a vote to be EU (which they already are). ;)
I think the balance is tipping towards a united Ireland actually (sooner the better IMO). When that happens, let those who vote in the manner us normal people do have that vote.

Don't let the criminal, enemies of society get involved though.

Is that not just more kicking the can down the road?

Though the ability to unilaterally withdraw is precisely the sort of clause wanted - but refused - all along.
Sort of, though with a super majority safety valve. Will of the people and all that. It also gives Boris and out on NI if he chooses to take it, and he can probably spin it as a win of sorts with a bit of creative thinking.

Sort of, though with a super majority safety valve. Will of the people and all that. It also gives Boris and out on NI if he chooses to take it, and he can probably spin it as a win of sorts with a bit of creative thinking.
Won't do him any good. With the DUP (rightly) refusing it as a trap and Labour playing party politics, he won't get it past parliament.

I think the balance is tipping towards a united Ireland actually (sooner the better IMO). When that happens, let those who vote in the manner us normal people do have that vote.

Don't let the criminal, enemies of society get involved though.
It is. The demographics are trending that way though a NI backstop and an influx of capital into the province if they remain in the SM/CU would put that on the long finger. I always thought the DUP were arguing for their own irrelevancy by pushing for no deal brexit.

Last edited:
Back