• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fly fishing

Yermiyahu

Scott Parker
I have decided to take up a new hobby of Fly fishing. I live surrounded by the sea and three great rivers. I fish with live baits or lures but have never learned the art of the fly. I eat what I catch usually. Does anyone one here have experience or advice to offer?

Must be 25 years since I went fly fishing. I used to make my own flies, fugly ones, fish wouldn't have it.

I suggest getting a one handed rod, easier to begin with if I remember correctly. Practice without a hook attached, and wear a Jason mask. Then you're good to go, you'll learn as you fall into rivers.

These guys can answer any other questions you might have.

shopPic.png

Been fly fishing from the age of ten. I'm. fifty seven now. Get the best rod you can afford and check out Youtube, as there are some first rate instructors on there these days. In fact, casting is not that hard if you practice. The art to fly fishing is stream craft... being able to read the water and anticipate where a fish might be lying. It's a great sport. If you have any questions, fire away mate.

Last edited:
Have done lots of lure fishing for pike, but fly fishing always looked far too difficult.

Back