• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Would not disagree much with that, but he has been left adrift by Toby and Rose a lot this season. I would like to see him alongside Jan and Davies covering behind him.
But then we lose other things
The guy has to get back to basics and IMO Poch has to play his best players
Sanchez starts vs Arsenal for me cos of his pace but he isn’t a regular starter

Toby’s passing out (useful against their flat footed CBS)

Roses pressing and attacking drive (he revels in the bigger games)

Toby has been going walk about this season, in two of the goals we have conceded he is nowhere in sight.

As for Rose his main problem is he has no idea where he is when we are attacked on the opposite flank and has not offered any help/protection to the other players in front of him across the defensive line.

Toby has been going walk about this season, in two of the goals we have conceded he is nowhere in sight.

As for Rose his main problem is he has no idea where he is when we are attacked on the opposite flank and has not offered any help/protection to the other players in front of him across the defensive line.

Don’t disagree about Toby
Still think Rose has been fine IMO
We need them all to buck up their ideas

That's certainly where Davies has the edge, much better positionally as I guess he plays CB as well so knows where to be and how to read the situation. Helps he's naturally more defensive as well.

upload_2019-8-31_8-47-28.png

Would you honestly call this ‘going walkabout’?

upload_2019-8-31_8-47-28.png

One of the worst goals I can remember conceding. You very rarely see such space in such a central and close to goal position which says it is an elementary error. Sanchez has no business being near Alderweireld who himself is already spare.

The mental gymnastics some posters do to defend some players is simply breathtaking, There are some things that are incontestable - even taking into account the individual bias and subjectivity that is football.

View attachment 7153

Sanchez is hopelessly out of position and completely unaware of the location of the ONE sole attacker of a team defending with two banks of four; just like he was at fault with Villa's first goal.

No amount of sugar coating will change that.

And the worry is that he has been doing it regularly for the past year and shows no signs of improvement in this key defensive quality.

The mental gymnastics some posters do to defend some players is simply breathtaking, There are some things that are incontestable - even taking into account the individual bias and subjectivity that is football.

View attachment 7153

Sanchez is hopelessly out of position and completely unaware of the location of the ONE sole attacker of a team defending with two banks of four; just like he was at fault with Villa's first goal.

And the worry is that he has been doing it regularly for the past year and shows no signs of improvement in this key defensive quality.

Completely. There were 1 or 2 other instances in the second half where he was 10 yards out of position too. Need JV back tomorrow, but longer term, I agree with you that he hasnt been able to be coached into being more aware of where he man is (yet)

One of the worst goals I can remember conceding. You very rarely see such space in such a central and close to goal position which says it is an elementary error. Sanchez has no business being near Alderweireld who himself is already spare.
Absolutely.
I would also add Rose can clearly see Joelinton unmarked and yet did not get around on the cover.

View attachment 7153

He is doing the classic marking space technique

No awareness of his surroundings at all

Back