• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The build up on Norwegian TV is sickening! They've been on since 9 in the morning, and their "experts" are a couple of supposedly neutrals, who mainly go on and on about Liverpool, AND Jason McAteer and the gobbrick macaron Jamie Carragher....
No bias at all...

Makes me want to smash those clams even more!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Jason McAteer Stories

Jason McAteer's nickname before he went to Liverpool football club was 'Trigger' - after the Only Fools And Horses character because Jason isn't very bright. However at Liverpool they give the least bright person in the team the nickname 'Trigger' and the person who had that name when McAteer arrived was Rob Jones. So after a short while at Anfield the players found out what Jason was like and decided to give him the nickname of 'Double Trigger'

There are a couple of stories about Jason McAteer's exploits. Apparently Jason was in a Dublin nightclub and saw Jimmy White and decided to say hello by yelling a catchphrase that Jimmy would instantly recognize and so Jason yelled out the cry of - 'One hundred and eighty'

Another rumour is that Jason was filling out a credit card application and is confused as to what to put in the space marked 'Position In Company' his source of confusion is revealed when he says to a Liverpool team mate - 'I'm a central midfielder but the boss is playing me at right wing back'

Another story has Alan Thompson an ex-Bolton team mate of Jason asking Jason to - 'pass the tomato ketchup' and the answer Alan gets back from Jason is - 'Red or brown'

Everybody dance now!

Getting really nervous about the match ! Great to see us having all the players fully fit but Pochettino has to find a way to make use of all the players wisely against Liverpool. Would have preferred us playing against Barcelona instead of Liverpool in the Final. Liverpool knows all about us and we have a poor record against them. But as they say, the form goes out of the window in any Final. Past record means nothing in the Final as long as we turn up with the right mood. All the pressure will be on Liverpool as they will be desperate to win after losing to Real Madrid in the Final last season. We need to find inspiration from our 4-1 league win over Liverpool in 2018 in which we scored 2 early goals. It will help us greatly if we can score early in this match as that will help settle our nerves. Good performance is really not important in any Cup Final as long as we win ! Let's hope we will do enough to beat Liverpool and win our first ever Champions League trophy !

Last edited:
I’m fudging bricking myself here. Here goes nothing...

——————Lloris—————-
Aurier— Toby — Jan — Rose
——Sissoko—-Winks——Eriksen
————————Dele————
——Son—————-Moura

Withstand the early onslaught and break quickly behind those fullbacks and we have a fighting chance.

I'm also predicting Foyth will start.

Interesting thought. We should play a narrow back 4 tonight to help counter their front 3, so Foyth at RB isnt completely draft.

Some big decisions for Poch tonight. The Kane/Son/Moura one has been discussed a lot; will be also interesting to see who partners Sissoko in CM

I’m fudging bricking myself here. Here goes nothing...

——————Lloris—————-
Aurier— Toby — Jan — Rose
——Sissoko—-Winks——Eriksen
————————Dele————
——Son—————-Moura

Withstand the early onslaught and break quickly behind those fullbacks and we have a fighting chance.

Personally I think Kane will start, with Moura on the bench, but otherwise I agree with your 11

Everybody dance now!

Getting really nervous about the match ! Great to see us having all the players fully fit but Pochettino has to find a way to make use of all the players wisely against Liverpool. Would have preferred us playing against Barcelona instead of Liverpool in the Final. Liverpool knows all about us and we have a poor record against them. But as they say, the form goes out of the window in any Final. Past record means nothing in the Final as long as we turn up with the right mood. All the pressure will be on Liverpool as they will be desperate to win after losing to Real Madrid in the Final last season. We need to find inspiration from our 4-1 league win over Liverpool in 2018 in which we scored 2 early goals. It will help us greatly if we can score early in this match as that will help settle our nerves. Good performance is really not important in any Cup Final as long as we win ! Let's hope we will do enough to beat Liverpool and win our first ever Champions League trophy !
There has not been any news about any of our team for three weeks, which is really odd given all the players we have coming back from injury and the fact that this is the biggest game in club football.

IMG-20190601-175118.jpg

This is the kind of build up we have. That's former Swindon striker Jan Åge Fjørtoft on the left. Or the right. I'm not drunk l.

My top 5 factors influencing whether we win tonight or not:

1. Son and Eriksen, or whoever starts out wide, don't allow their fullbacks space coming forward
2. Have a plan for marking VVD at set pieces, in contrast to our plan for de Ligt
3. Play a narrow back 4
4. Get Dele further forward than he was late in the season (should be possible with CMs back available)
5. Got at them, rather than sitting back and trying to play clever

(I was going to add a 6th, "take our chances", but thought it too obvious)

heading to the pub in an hour, was fine yesterday, a bundle of nerves today, still can't believe i'm going to be watching my beloved tottenham in a Champions League final, I remember 20 years ago questioning we would ever finish top 4, don't want to hear from anyone "at least we made it to the final", we may never see this day again in our lifetime, we have to WIN this match and WE WILL. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think Kane will start, with Moura on the bench, but otherwise I agree with your 11

Kane will 100% start

Edit: should also add I am not ITK.... just basing it off the fact he is a world class striker and this is the biggest game in our history!

heading to the pub in an hour, was fine yesterday, a bundle of nerves today, still can't believe i'm going to be watching my beloved tottenham in a Champions League final, I remember 20 years ago questioning we would ever finish top 4, don't want to hear from anyone "at least we made it to the final", we may never see this day again in our lifetime, we have to WIN this match and WE WILL. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is our new reality. Whatever happens tonight, we’re at the table with the big boys now.

Most people I’m speaking to out here think Kane should be on the bench.
I don’t know though - I think if he’s fit he HAS to start.
Who’d be Poch eh?

Back