• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OFFICIAL OMT** Barca vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s exactly what I’m getting at, saying it was “just their reserve team” is very different for a club like Barca, their reserve team would probably qualify for the CL in their own right. How many other clubs can put out a reserve side costing so much?

It’s just a way to try and take the gloss of last nights result/performance by some people. As others have mentioned, you can only play whose in front of you and it’s widely reported by impartial commentators that we deserved to have won last night. Check out Ballague’s tweet from last night, he knows a thing or two about Spanish football and he’s heaping praise on the performance.

this

Of course they have great players, I just felt they stood off and let us play, we squandered a host of chances and didn't win the match we desperately needed to win.

So it's great to go through, and great to do well at Barca, but I didn't think it was some amazing performance.

We aren't QPR or Millwall or West Ham. We're Spurs, and every year we finish in the top 3, so of course we can go and win at Barca.

That’s exactly what I’m getting at, saying it was “just their reserve team” is very different for a club like Barca, their reserve team would probably qualify for the CL in their own right. How many other clubs can put out a reserve side costing so much?

It’s just a way to try and take the gloss of last nights result/performance by some people. As others have mentioned, you can only play whose in front of you and it’s widely reported by impartial commentators that we deserved to have won last night. Check out Ballague’s tweet from last night, he knows a thing or two about Spanish football and he’s heaping praise on the performance.
Of course, its a very strong reserve team but still their reserve team:D Ballague is very close to Poch, of course he's going to big up that performance. We absolutely should have won had we had our finishing boots on and am thrilled we got the result. Would we of got a draw had Barca played their strongest team available? I highly doubt it. But I dont care if other teams fans want to take the gloss of the result, they are irrelevant....

Of course, its a very strong reserve team but still their reserve team:D Ballague is very close to Poch, of course he's going to big up that performance. We absolutely should have won had we had our finishing boots on and am thrilled we got the result. Would we of got a draw had Barca played their strongest team available? I highly doubt it. But I dont care if other teams fans want to take the gloss of the result, they are irrelevant....

They played their strongest team at Wembley and that game could easily have had the same result as this one....

They stood off us as that’s how they play. They press when needed and don’t when they don’t need to

I spoke to their fans when I left and they were very impressed with us so I’ll take that

Last edited:
They played their strongest team at Wembley and that game could easily have had the AMA result as this one....

They stood off us as that’s how they play. They press when needed and don’t when they don’t need to

I spoke to their fans when I left and they were very impressed with us so I’ll take that
I must say I think Barca showed their class against us at Wembley, we were very much second best in that game overall for me.....

Our finishing though
It wasnt great was it:D Its a funny one saying we deserved to win, because our general play was good but if you miss all those chances which is the name of the game do you actually deserve to win? Luckily those chances didnt cost us with Inter failing to win, but happy days anyway....

Regardless of whether it was "only" a Barca second string, we went there under huge pressure, played incredibly well, and in the end did enough to finish 2nd in the group.
I don't really care whether anyone downplays the achievement. I'm still ecstatic about it and more than happy to see it as a great result won at one of the hardest places and hardest teams to play against.
There's plenty of time for reality checks, but not today.

Absolutely. Also, we mustn't forget that we had our fair share of injuries and absentees as well! Dembele, Wanyama (well, you know), Trippier, Sanchez (probably would've played three at the back otherwise), Aurier. Players that all would be likely to start if they were either fit or available. And! Barca had Messi, Busquets, Arthur, Coutinho, Dembele and a host of other ace players on the pitch - we just fudging played them right off it! Have you ever seen Messi so quiet in a Barca shirt before? I certainly haven't, regardless of him getting just 30 mins. Barely touched the ball! Not to mention Busquets, who's fantastic, but I didn't notice him at all.

We lost 1-0 to their second string. We won 1-0 against the Messi Busquets team.
Either their keeper had a worldy, or he's wasted on their bench.

Back