• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Cardiff ***

Yes, 3 points are never guaranteed against bottom table clubs. Remember Swansea at home last season? Definite spankings were expected for them and they were so hard to break down and we had no luck. Frustrating 0-0 draw, so I think we need to be calm today and not panic, have possession and a goal will come.

I would actually rest Winks and play Wanyama alongside Dier, let the fullbacks push really high with those two able to cover them. Dier can allow us to play a back 3 if we want. Winks did a lot of running v Barca and he was injured for a long time, might be a bit much to ask for him to start this one. Can always bring him off the bench if things aren't working. Ideally, we would rest Lamela as well, but with the injuries we have he has to play again.

------------------lloris
trippier-----toby----sanchez-----rose
------------dier-------wanyama
-----moura--------lamela--------son
------------------kane

subs: gazza, davies, kwp, winks, sissoko, llorente + a youth player.

Three points is all we need, stop being so entitled.

Absolutely. Although Cardiff is probably one of the worst teams in the league, it's still the Premier League, and there are no easy matches, as we've come to experience over the years. I hope our players are expecting a tough battle, and are prepared to give their all. If all our lads give 100%, then I'm confident we'll win, but if we go out there and expect to roll over them, we all know what's going to happen.

Yes, 3 points are never guaranteed against bottom table clubs. Remember Swansea at home last season? Definite spankings were expected for them and they were so hard to break down and we had no luck. Frustrating 0-0 draw, so I think we need to be calm today and not panic, have possession and a goal will come.

We have the same ref as against Swansea as well, Mike Dean, so no penalties again today!

In fact we should expect a frustrating game with Dean trying to prove that he is not favouring Spurs!

After the disappointing defeat to Barcelona in the CL, we badly need to lift our morale to get back to winning ways. We have a great record against Cardiff, winning 4 and drawing 1 of our last 5 matches against them, scoring 7 goals and keeping clean sheet in all of them. We need to continue our good record against them to get back our winning form.

Kane has been in good form recently, scoring 3 goals in his last 3 matches. But of all the 27 teams he has played against in the PL, Cardiff is the only team he has yet to score against. Let's hope he will continue his recent goal scoring run to score his first ever goal against Cardiff. Surely, Lamela needs to start this match for all his recent great form. Remember, he has yet to start a league match this season and didn't even play at all against Huddersfield last week. Lamela has been involved in either a goal or assists in all his matches so far this season. It will help us hugely if he continue his good form in this match. Moura started the season in great form but has not scored since the ManU match. Will be disappointed if Moura doesn't score in this match. Son deserves to be dropped for this match as he is in such a poor form now and has not scored in his last 17 matches for us. We will miss Eriksen and Alli in attack if they are still out injured.

Our midfield have been too inconsistent so far this season. We were not helped by injury problems to Wanyama and Dembele who have looked rusty whenever they played this season. Wish both can be fully fit for this match. I am still not very convinced of Winks as he is too inexperienced. Dier makes too many mistakes even when he is playing well. For all his hard work, Sissoko doesn't have the end product. Wish we had signed a reliable defensive midfielder in the transfer window. Somehow, feel Sissoko can still play a part for us in this match. After all, Sissoko defends much better than Winks or even Dier.

Our defence have been very disappointing this season. We just cannot seem to keep a clean sheet for more than 1 match. Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Sanchez have made their fair share of blunders so far this season. Remember, our defence were once rated as the best in the league. Not sure how we have became so unconvincing in defence since last season. Sanchez supposed to improve our defence but he is too error-prone. Wish we had signed a reliable defender in the recent transfer window to improve the defence. Despite all our problems this season, it will be unacceptable if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

Surely, we have to beat teams like Cardiff home or away. We cannot afford to drop points against bottom teams if we want to stay in the title race. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Cardiff and move up the league table.

i would be exceptionally disappointed if we didn't win this by at least 3 clear goals
Even though we have four first choices injured and a keeper susceptible to gifting them a goal? Afraid you need to lower your expectations a tad.

Remember they've not had to play midweek so given how desperate they'll be for points Warnock will have set them up to give us the very toughest of physical battles.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our injured players back for this match, especially Vertonghen, Alli and Eriksen. Cardiff won't make it easy for us as they are too desperate to win after being winless in their last 9 matches. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to stay in the top 4 race.

I have a thing that It should always be “Lilywhites” (long story, as a kid when we scored twice in the last minute to beat Everton 3-2 in 1993, an 80 year old man next to me in the Paxton Road kept telling me if you shout “come on you lilywhites” it brings luck)

I’ve shouted it at kick-off every match I’ve attended since. Crazy actually, that guy is long dead and has no idea of his influence.

Hasn’t worked since ha but I still believe it’s the correct colour!

Last edited:
I have a thing that It should always be “Lillywhites” (long story, as a kid when we scored twice in the last minute to beat Everton 3-2 in 1993, an 80 year old man next to me in the Paxton Road kept telling me if you shout “come on you lillywhites” it brings luck)

Got ya!

I have a thing that It should always be “Lillywhites” (long story, as a kid when we scored twice in the last minute to beat Everton 3-2 in 1993, an 80 year old man next to me in the Paxton Road kept telling me if you shout “come on you lillywhites” it brings luck)

I’ve shouted it at kick-off every match I’ve attended since. Crazy actually, that guy is long dead and has no idea of his influence.

Yea it’s ALWAYS lillywhites!

Do0zd56X0AY3ugW.jpg

Do0zfAsWwAAUVLb.jpg

Do0zgovXsAQLhVt.jpg

Do0zhpUXoAUIQUc.jpg

Given all the injuries, it feels like the team will be the same which started v Barca, though perhaps Rose coming in for Davies and Dier for Wanyama. Cant see that there are many other options

Back