• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45619199

With six games gone in the Premier League, data analysts Gracenote have assessed every team's start to the campaign - and the findings make for interesting reading.

…With three straight defeats leading to talk of a "mini-crisis" at Tottenham and some bizarre comments from manager Mauricio Pochettino, you would be forgiven for thinking Tottenham had endured a poor start to the season.

But a look in detail at their results so far shows they are actually three points better off than they were from the corresponding fixtures last season, as well as having one point more than they did after six matches in 2017-18.

So despite their stadium not being ready yet, questions over Harry Kane's fitness and the worst run of results since Mauricio Pochettino took charge in 2014, perhaps it is time for a little perspective.

Points after six games in 2018-19 = 12
Points after six games in 2017-18 = 11
Points from corresponding fixtures 2017-18 = 9

With six games gone in the Premier League, data analysts Gracenote have assessed every team's start to the campaign - and the findings make for interesting reading.

…With three straight defeats leading to talk of a "mini-crisis" at Tottenham and some bizarre comments from manager Mauricio Pochettino, you would be forgiven for thinking Tottenham had endured a poor start to the season.

But a look in detail at their results so far shows they are actually three points better off than they were from the corresponding fixtures last season, as well as having one point more than they did after six matches in 2017-18.

So despite their stadium not being ready yet, questions over Harry Kane's fitness and the worst run of results since Mauricio Pochettino took charge in 2014, perhaps it is time for a little perspective.

I knew this must be true when I caught 10 minutes of the Sunday football show on Sky, where David Moyes, Chris Kammy Kamara and that bloke off GMTV proclaimed Spurs were in trouble and certainly worse off than last year

There are a lot of supporters ( and pundits) who do not/will not use that word.

I'll admit it, based on a very sketchy understanding of the world I'd have seen an Alderweireld-Martial swap as good business a couple of months ago. Worse, I think others here might have, too. If there ever had been such a bullet, it was definitely dodged.

Back