• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham versus Brighton

Brighton vs Tottenham surly

:rolleyes:

Official Match Threads

1. There shalt be only one Official Match Thread and it shalt have OMT in its title.

2. Thou shalt not take unto thee a graven image of thy own choice should Tottenham lose, thy avatar shalt be given thee by the OMT gods and shalt remain until such time as Tottenham win again.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of thy club in vain, the OMT title shalt always have the name of Tottenham Hotspur listed first of the two teams.

4. Remember to observe the sabbath between OMTs, thou shalt not start two consecutive OMTs.

5. Honour the OMT gods' official representatives the administrators, that your days may be long on this forum that be Glory-Glory.

6. The OMT's opening post shalt inform the members of Glory-Glory of all things important: Who are we playing? When is the match? Where does it take place?

7. The OMT's opening post shalt not be too short, nor too long, but simple, concise and glorious, to truly honour the OMT gods. A possible starting lineup and pictures of furry animals are not frowned upon.

8. The first OMT posted once the previous OMT has been unstickied shalt be the official one, though there is no glory in one not of the required quality.

9. Thou shalt not start an OMT be thou not a known member of this forum.

10. Thou shalt not start an OMT be thou not a fan of Tottenham Hotspur.

also worrying, the theme of this season thus far has been losing to teams who were good in the 80's, when Brighton made the cup final

Harry Kane needs a rest. Let's rotate.

---------Gazzaniga-------
------TBA--DVS--JVT---
KT-------Winks-------KWP
-----Dele----Eriksen
-----Moura---Sonny

------------------Vorm----------------
------Alder---Sanchez--Vert--------
Trippier---Wanyama---Eriksen--Rose
---------------Lamela-----------
Moura--------------------------Son

False 9. Have it.

As I have the pleasure (yes it is a pleasure) of being at this one on Saturday, I was going to step up and offer a season changing OMT. But having done Leicester away last season and West Ham away the season before....I think Chich stepping forward is the best for all concerned.

Will I make the Duke of Wellington......perhaps
Take plenty of Custard!

I dislike targeting players for criticism, but I have no faith in Vorm and think he makes the rest of the defenders edgy, like most games it will be tight and we need to get our passing crisper and accurate. Feel we have enough to come away with a hard fought win.

These lot are no mugs so if our players are not up for it we will get turned over like man ure did.

Need to see tempo need to see press.

I’d go 3 at the back Toby Sanchez verts
wing backs trips rose
Wanyama dembele with dembele pushing fwd
Erickson and moura am’s with mours pushing on
Son up front to give Kane a rest- bring him on later in the game

Last time we won in Brighton in the league was back in 1982. In 1978, brick got heated in Brighton:
https://thegoldstonewrap.com/2014/04/15/lifes-a-riot-as-brighton-crush-spurs/

From a user on a Brighton forum I found:
Don't you mean the infamous 1978 game. A day that will live in infamy for many of us who were there.
I've had a special attachment to my cobblers ever since seeing a Tottenham fan impaled on church railings near the Goldstone. Horrific sight and sounds

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ttenham-Saturday-5-30-kick-off-brave-decision

Last time we won in Brighton in the league was back in 1982. In 1978, brick got heated in Brighton:
https://thegoldstonewrap.com/2014/04/15/lifes-a-riot-as-brighton-crush-spurs/

From a user on a Brighton forum I found:
Don't you mean the infamous 1978 game. A day that will live in infamy for many of us who were there.
I've had a special attachment to my cobblers ever since seeing a Tottenham fan impaled on church railings near the Goldstone. Horrific sight and sounds

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ttenham-Saturday-5-30-kick-off-brave-decision

If you read those threads, the polite Brighton fans are saying that it almost definitely won't get heated, even though lots of people will have had a few too many beers.

In other news, Brighton have a great home record.

Last year at the Amex Stadium, Spurs struggled to break down a stubborn defence in a quiet first half, then Kane scored right after half time. Happy days, here we go, what can possibly go wrong now? All we need to do is hold on for a....Serge Aurier fouls Izquierdo 18 seconds after the restart.

18 seconds?!!!

18 seconds.

I mean, you have been reading the phrase "18 seconds" for 18 seconds.

Jesus.

And after that it fizzled to a 1-1 draw.

PANIC!!!!!

Last year at Wembley Spurs had good chances blocked and struggled to break down a stubborn defence until Aurier spooned in a complete spaffer from the right wing, into the top corner. Then we couldn't make the game safe for ages, huffing and puffing until Son scored on 87.

TL;DR it will be VERY tough to get a win today, do NOT expect it

After losing 3 matches in a row, we badly need to get back to winning ways. But it is not going to be easy after the way we lost to Inter in CL. Surely, this is a must-win match against Brighton. We cannot afford to go without winning too long. We really need our winning form back before we play Barcelona in the CL. We do have a good record against Brighton, winning 3 and drawing 1 of our last 4 matches against them. But we did draw 1-1 away at Brighton last season. Since this is another away match, we need to do much better than last season at Brighton.

We need all the players to lift their game in this match, especially Kane. Kane has been in such a poor form lately. After overcoming his August goal scoring jinx, thought he will be going on a goal scoring run. Instead, he has not looked like scoring since then. Not sure if he is still tired from the World Cup or not. But we badly need Kane to get back his goal scoring boot. Let's hope Kane will find his magic back by scoring a goal or two in this match. Apart from Kane, we also need others like Eriksen to get back their form as well. On current form, Moura and Lamela should start this match. Moura has been one of our best player so far this season with 3 goals. Lamela has been in good form since returning from injury, scoring 1 goal and getting 2 assists in 3 matches. So, both deserve to start this match. Son has not scored in his last 13 matches for us. So, Son can come on late in the match to prove his worth. Too bad Alli is still out injured as he will give more options in attack.

Our midfield have not been good this season due to Dembele and Wanyama struggling with injury problems. Wish both can be fully fit to start this match. Getting a bit annoyed with Dier as he is making too many crucial blunders nowadays. It was Dier's weak header which enabled Liverpool to score their first goal last week. Wish Dier can have an error-free match for once ! I think it will give us more options in midfield if Sissoko is back from injury. Sissoko does work hard and defend better than Dier.

Our defence really need to improve their performance. We have conceded 6 goals in 3 matches which is not good enough for our defence which was once regarded as the best in the league. We badly need Vertonghen and Alderweireld get back their best form. Too bad Lloris is still out injured as our defence doesn't look the same without Lloris in goal. Vorm simply makes too many crucial mistakes for a goalie. In fact, we have lost 5 matches in a row when Vorm has been our goalie. I think no other team will continue with the same backup goalie who have lost 5 matches in a row. Vorm seems to bring bad luck and vibes to the team whenever he is in goal, I thiink Pochettino should start Gazzaniga in goal instead.

It is going to be difficult match. Brighton are not going to make it easy. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then got for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get back our winning form by beating Brighton.

Back