• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Pochettino was genuinely annoyed with amount of chances the opposition could or should have scored from!
Me too - it was a super-scrappy first half, we barely kept the ball for 3 passes and looked really rattled at times. We hung on though, as the ball bounced agonisingly wide or over... it was not great but we dug in and made the break through from a corner, then within 2 minutes they missed a huge chance and we scored to seal the deal, game over really.

Me too - it was a super-scrappy first half, we barely kept the ball for 3 passes and looked really rattled at times. We hung on though, as the ball bounced agonisingly wide or over... it was not great but we dug in and made the break through from a corner, then within 2 minutes they missed a huge chance and we scored to seal the deal, game over really.

Pleased to see Mourinho took it so well, a true gent!

We have rode our luck defensively so far this season, teams hitting the woodwork or missing great chances. But all teams need a bit of luck.

The main thing I have been impressed with is the number of chances we have created so far. We could have scored more than 2 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, more than 3 v Fulham and same again v Utd. In defence, we have 2 players (Toby and Rose) who are needing game time to get back to top form, I'd expect us to tighten up defensively in the coming weeks. Not that we have been terrible in defence so far, we have just relied on teams missing somewhat.

Different Poch in the pressthis season.....I think he believes this is our time now.

Last season he would have been all over the man u win, now he is saying we were fortunate after that first half.

I hope this bloke is with us for a long long time.

I think all the "first-half luck" stuff is a bit over-cooked. Yes, they were the better side for sure, but we did not get a clear pen, Dele issued a sitter and Eriksen hit a tame shot when he usually parks those in the corner. They also rode their luck...
The only luck I saw in the game was their luck for us not to be given the first half pen and arguably Dele not going down when fouled by De Gea and the luck we got when they decided to buy Lukaku instead of an elite level striker. They huffed and puffed without much purpose like a plucky underdog and then missed the only clear chance they got which was a gift from one of our players feeling his way back into the game after an extended lay off. Even though we didn’t dominate possession and we had the penalty shout (which would have been a good shooting opportunity if Moura wasn’t fouled, as opposed to making the most of simply having possession in the box) I felt we had shown our intent to play on the front foot. Second half we went through the gears, exposed their fragile defence and then weathered their next wave of possession before catching them on the counter attack.

Suits us for both United and the rest of the league to think we were lucky though...

I think all the "first-half luck" stuff is a bit over-cooked. Yes, they were the better side for sure, but we did not get a clear pen, Dele issued a sitter and Eriksen hit a tame shot when he usually parks those in the corner. They also rode their luck...
I have a feeling Poch is also making sure he isn't ruining his friendship with Mourinho by making comments in the media.

I have a feeling Poch is also making sure he isn't ruining his friendship with Mourinho by making comments in the media.

I read some bits of Poch's press conference after the Utd game and he mentioned his respect for Mourinho about three times. I don't know whose press conference was first, but I almost wondered if Poch was trolling Mou. Except that is not Poch's style and I think he does have some admiration for him.

I read some bits of Poch's press conference after the Utd game and he mentioned his respect for Mourinho about three times. I don't know whose press conference was first, but I almost wondered if Poch was trolling Mou. Except that is not Poch's style and I think he does have some admiration for him.
And quite right too, as much of a C**t Jose is (and he really is), you have to respect his trophy haul. He’s done it as an underdog as well as being the highest spender in his league. His Porto and Inter achievements are worthy of everyone’s respect IMO.

They have been friends since Spain AFAIK.

I thought he got it pretty wrong today. Dembele was mis-firing and the midfield was not strong enough. And subs too late. And bringing on Llorent makes little to no sense. I know he has had limited minutes but his style of play does not seem to suit how the rest of the team plays.

I thought he got it pretty wrong today. Dembele was mis-firing and the midfield was not strong enough. And subs too late. And bringing on Llorent makes little to no sense. I know he has had limited minutes but his style of play does not seem to suit how the rest of the team plays.

I really liked how we were using Dembele for the first two games - as our second-half tactical ace, brought on to take control or to wind things down.

But the man can't start games anymore - I really don't think he can. So don't use him that way.

I really liked how we were using Dembele for the first two games - as our second-half tactical ace, brought on to take control or to wind things down.

But the man can't start games anymore - I really don't think he can. So don't use him that way.
Agreed. And he certainly can’t start without a Dier or even Lamela to back him up. A few times he was barged off the ball and also attempted too many longer passes that were intercepted. Plus Watford are tough in midfield and we looked light. That’s a Poch thing, unless Dier/Winks were not fit enough to start/strengthen the middle.

But ultimately it was a failure of mental1ty. PLayers being out-muscled and not being hungry enough to defend set pieces.

Back