• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Greatest headed goal in history?

Gullit's from Euro 88 is the only one I can think of that rivals it, and that was more about occasion than technique

Shirakov vs Italy in 86 was also a thing of beauty.

Looks like Bulgaria have been involvedin quite a few of these.

I see his contract expires next summer, now that is a tad concerning. Theoretically we could lose both Belgians next year.

I see his contract expires next summer, now that is a tad concerning. Theoretically we could lose both Belgians next year.

He’s one of a few players about whom there are strong rumours of a new enhanced contract.
He seems happy here (body language and all that). Hopefully the rumours will be confirmed when he returns from leave.

He's renewed fairly recently though. We seem to have started doing a more Arsenal like thing and only giving short contracts to over 30s. It was the same with Dembele - his last renewal was a shortish one too

He's renewed fairly recently though. We seem to have started doing a more Arsenal like thing and only giving short contracts to over 30s. It was the same with Dembele - his last renewal was a shortish one too

But for how long did they actually sign for

Back