• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I doubt that Poch had much involvement in identifying a lot of the flops too. It goes both ways.

So you are saying that you don't think he chose Sissoko?, Llorente? Jannsen? Aurier? Do you not think he has final say on who joins his squad

I get that but when shopping on a budget surely one looks for good value and spends wisely?
Ideally yes. But if the dinner party is that evening and the shelves are empty you pretty much have to get what you can.

I know you should have done your shopping earlier but sometimes you can get some real bargains with those last min reductions for those products that are close to their sell by dates.

Sometimes it doesn’t work out though

I get that but when shopping on a budget surely one looks for good value and spends wisely?

I would argue that he has squeezed squad value from Sissoko and Aurier. We have certainly been close to other “bargains” where pay got in the way. I believe we were close to Mane but wages became an issue, thus Poch ended up with NJie and whasshisname scout quit in anger. So I believe!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don't understand this - what would be a preferable position exactly?

Loads of money!;)
Seriously as Spurs progress they must aim to be less reliant on any individuel. I think Levy will be looking at this already.
Look at Liverpool today....it is sadly part of the game for us but it is so destabling for clubs.
Chelseas and now Watford (budget version) are two clubs who dont keep managers. Maybe this will become the norm.
I'm not sure how to go about maintaining our growth in the game and cope with this.
Levy has spoken about his succession at the end of his tenure and in the end that maybe all anybody can do is to remind people that nothing last forever.

Fits my mood this morning I'm looking at funeral plans:cool:

Loads of money!;)
Seriously as Spurs progress they must aim to be less reliant on any individuel. I think Levy will be looking at this already.
Look at Liverpool today....it is sadly part of the game for us but it is so destabling for clubs.
Chelseas and now Watford (budget version) are two clubs who dont keep managers. Maybe this will become the norm.
I'm not sure how to go about maintaining our growth in the game and cope with this.
Levy has spoken about his succession at the end of his tenure and in the end that maybe all anybody can do is to remind people that nothing last forever.

Fits my mood this morning I'm looking at funeral plans:cool:

But how do we be less reliant on a manager? I just don't understand what you want here

I am starting to think something has happened behind the scenes sometime after the Chelsea match, we dont seem to have been the same since. Has something rocked the boat and unsettled the whole squad?
I guess we might know more after tonight

Has that feel for me as well. The FACSF is the obvious candidate. Was there more pressure on him to bring the cup home than he's been willing to let on? Whatever it is, we'll probably never know the answer. It would appear all is not well in the camp, though.

Last edited:
He said that at the time and I just interpreted it as meaning there was lots of talk, discussion etc. about it amongst the players, as you'd expect, rather than it being an argumentative issue.

I am starting to think something has happened behind the scenes sometime after the Chelsea match, we dont seem to have been the same since. Has something rocked the boat and unsettled the whole squad?

I can't help but think the same.

Unless - this is simply the first significant negative media attention Poch has had to face, and he simply hasn't responded to it very effectively. His dodgy English certainly wouldn't help in that respect.

One thing I know for sure - I hope the fans in attendance tonight get very vocally behind Poch, the players and the club. More than anything I'm sick of various pundits and journalists talking on behalf of Spurs fans, about 'the disappointment of yet another season without silverware'. fudge off - I've loved this season, I love Poch, I love the players, and I love this club. You don't speak for me with your banal, simple-minded drivel.

I think a few things could be in the offing here.
1 - Something has happened behind the scenes as you say. Perhaps Kane-gate and his goal...Hopefully not!
2 - It might simply be a blip in form. I've no doubt that winning at the Bridge took some emotional energy out of the players. A 10 pt lead and what looked like a cruise to the end of the season saw a dip in performances. Its hard to pull that back and we simply haven't hit our groove again.
3 - The Emirates Marketing Project defeat was actually more damaging than it first looked on the surface. Spurs win games by pressing hard/high and having "belief" in being brave on the ball and in the tackle. Unfortunately Emirates Marketing Project once again walked through our press/high-line at will. We had a good 30 mins in that game but by the end we were a disorganised rabble looking likely to concede a 5th as much as score a 2nd. Assuming we were in cruise mode at Brighton, the SF saw the after effects of the Emirates Marketing Project game. After a good start on the front foot and scoring a goal, the Utd goal rocked us back and we retreated into our shells due to the mental damage inflicted by Emirates Marketing Project just 7 days earlier on the same pitch. When Emirates Marketing Project battered us in December we had a good few weeks before we played a top 6 side again so we were able to mentally recover.

If its 2 or 3 we should see an improved performance tonight given the calibre of opposition.

Of all this I would say the Emirates Marketing Project defeat is possibly the only real factor. Everything else is just...nowt. Remember we have had a long time to sit and stew over that SF; the ideal thing would’ve been to have had Brighton last week AFTER the semi!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back