• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Semi Final OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur FC v Manchester United***

The first game in a good few years where I’m genuinely angry with the team that we lost.

Let’s be honest, playing at Wembley was a huge advantage to us. For at least an hour our team / tactics wasn’t working yet did nothing.

If any of these players say they want to leave to win things they should be sat in a room and made to watch this match again.

Also Dembele / Kane didn’t look fit. Why are they playing.
they playing because someone wasted £90m on players like Janssen, llorente, GKN, sissoko, Njoke etc

Conaidering Kane was quiet and Son was just awful I thought it would have been a good idea to of at least tried Kane behind and Son up front like against Brighton for a bit?

Average game. They stunk up the place with negativity and being ultra defensive.

First goal from them was a foul. But dembele made the wrong choice.

Why no Lloris. You play your best in the big games.

Kane is injured or taking pain killers. He was useless today and with no focal point we are fudged.

They dive, pulled shirts, time wasted and generally killed the game. So many yellow cards and fouls.

Eriksen also misplaced a lot of passes.

Further proof, if any was needed, that we need another option for CF next year. Llorente didnt make the bench today as Pocj though Sissoko would be mire useful. I know it's not an easy proposition, but we need another option up there. Kane needed to be hooked early today, but we didnt have an option on the bench

So that’s alright then.

He has been getting caught in possession a lot. This time it set up a brick goal. His coverage of the back four has not been as good as in previous years, as he's struggling with the work load. He hasn't been as effective at tackling either, ie he has been giving away a lot of fouls. Not blaming him entirely, as i thought that there were only a couple of decent Spurs players on the pitch for the 90 minutes. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe by any means.

I love Kane but he is clearly not right. After the whole claiming the goal debacle I do wonder if he is insisting on playing to the detriment of the team.

We don't win big matches, beat United in the League, lose to them in Cup Semi, beat Real in the group stages, lose when we get to the knock out phases... Look at the Chelsea game when we were chasing Leicester for how we play when it matters.... Infuriating.

I worry about our ability to keep Eriksen next year, and my GHod how tough would it be to replace him? We really need some statement of intent in the transfer market this summer to show players like him that we intend to compete properly

Average game. They stunk up the place with negativity and being ultra defensive.

First goal from them was a foul. But dembele made the wrong choice.

Why no Lloris. You play your best in the big games.

Kane is injured or taking pain killers. He was useless today and with no focal point we are fudged.

They dive, pulled shirts, time wasted and generally killed the game. So many yellow cards and fouls.

Eriksen also misplaced a lot of passes.

They are quite simply brilliant at this nonsense. I paused the game at a break in play near the end to attend to something, and found I had to fast forward almost 3 minutes with no almost action. World class game management but I guess you'd expect no less from a Mourinho team.

Last edited:
They are quite simply brilliant at this nonsense. I paused the game at a break in play near the end to attend to something, and found I had to fast forwarded almost 3 minutes with no almost action. World class game management but I guess you'd expect no less from a Mourinho team.

Yep, people mistake it for them playing badly when it’s exactly what they want to happen.

That's my reading of it too. We've been poor since Kane returned. I wonder how much it took out of the players whilst he was out, because we were cooking around that time.

Personally, and it’s easy to say with hindsight, but I think it’s more a case of Kane being poor so it means we’re carrying him and that’s putting everyone else under pressure.

Maybe itd have been better to leave him out until he was fully fit. Would have taken some balls to make that call though.

Personally, and it’s easy to say with hindsight, but I think it’s more a case of Kane being poor so it means we’re carrying him and that’s putting everyone else under pressure.

Maybe itd have been better to leave him out until he was fully fit. Would have taken some balls to make that call though.
The past two times Kane has played he hasn’t been given great service either, so it’s not all down to him and his form.

Big mistake for their equalizer. Unlucky with the margins for Dier's shot. Son subbed too late. Kane invisible. Lloris would've saved the 2-1.

And that was practically game over.

At 2-1 they sat back and defended brilliantly, wasting time, clogging up their side of the pitch. We were completely devoid of ideas. We could've played until tomorrow, but I still don't think we would've scored.

Key moment was their equalizer. We were confident, in control, then Dembele screwed up and they capitalised. We never again looked as good as we did before their first goal. Nervousness crept in, and we never fully recovered. When Mourinho tightened the screws, I knew we were in trouble. Then they scored again, and I knew we would lose.

It wasn't an easy save to make; Vorm was covered and the shot was hard. Still, he looked shaky all game, and I'm certain Lloris - even the off form one - would've gotten closer and possibly saved it.

Kane needs to be dropped. He doesn't warrant a starting position at the moment.

Overall very disappointing.

Back