• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

They're referencing some crappy site called Transfer Market Web, who got it from the Express, who got it from Liverpool Echo.

That's how a piece on potential Coutinho replacements, written by a deluded Liverpool fan, has become a bonafide transfer rumour. All it takes is one sentence somewhere and everyone else can regurgitate it as "reportedly" as that somehow gives it credence.

• Only Darren Anderton (67) has provided more assists for Spurs in the Premier League than Eriksen (45), who is now joint second alongside Aaron Lennon.

Baffles me that Lennon is up there in second. He didn't seem to be an assist king. Guess he was there for about eleven years.

Re the linked article above....Why does Eriksen’s future remain in doubt? I didn’t think it was in doubt in the first place.

And the article says Malcolm would be a replacement. Given that Malcolm is a different type of player to Eriksen, I think it’s safe to say that the article is complete brick.

• Only Darren Anderton (67) has provided more assists for Spurs in the Premier League than Eriksen (45), who is now joint second alongside Aaron Lennon.

Eriksen got to that tally in 105 games fewer than Lennon (just as Kane should surpass Defoe’s all comps goal haul with 100+ matches to spare) which goes to show how far our club has progressed...

Anderton: 67 assists in 24,058 minutes over 297 games
Lennon: 45 assists in 19,490 minutes over 266 games
Eriksen: 45 assists in 13,554 minuets over 161 games

Eriksen - 212 games, 61 assists, 51 Goals all up for Spurs

Not the best game for him against Palace, but still ended up with an assist. Really important player for us.

Maybe it's just me but how many of us took much notice of assist stats back then? I've really only become aware of them in the last few years.

True but from what I recall one of Lennon's faults was his crossing ability/final ball. I think it might be a factor that the games are more televised nowadays. Maybe Lennon was cutting them back regularly for Defoe but Match of Day highlight s skipped that bit

True but from what I recall one of Lennon's faults was his crossing ability/final ball. I think it might be a factor that the games are more televised nowadays. Maybe Lennon was cutting them back regularly for Defoe but Match of Day highlight s skipped that bit

It was a common myth, Lennon's crossing was decent, the problem is we didn't get people into the box in the right places (same reason Bentley struggled with us).

Lennon/Defoe worked because JD would play for the cut back and then smash the living daylights out of the ball. Lennon might actually have worked in today's Spurs where 3 or 4 players and the FB on other side all arrive in the box.

Back to Eriksen, people miss he's not only our main assist person, he also plays the assist to assist role (e.g. some significant amount of the assists from Dele, Son, FBs come from them receiving ball from Eriksen).

It was a common myth, Lennon's crossing was decent, the problem is we didn't get people into the box in the right places (same reason Bentley struggled with us).

Lennon/Defoe worked because JD would play for the cut back and then smash the living daylights out of the ball. Lennon might actually have worked in today's Spurs where 3 or 4 players and the FB on other side all arrive in the box.

Back to Eriksen, people miss he's not only our main assist person, he also plays the assist to assist role (e.g. some significant amount of the assists from Dele, Son, FBs come from them receiving ball from Eriksen).

tickle my balls with a feather.

The most fittest player at spurs? I think we should get into a winning margin if possible and then perhaps look to substitute.

I think there is a big difference between being physically fit (and Eriksen is a monster here) and mental sharpness (the key part of his game). We have seen when he does get some time off, he seems to go up a level, I still think this is our number 1 priority for summer, someone who can sub/cover for him.

Looking forward to seeing him, Lucas & Lamela getting more pitch time together (some combination of them +Dele/Son behind Kane)

Thought he was excellent again against Bournemouth (I suppose his performances are so consistently good that they warrant no need for mention), especially his crunching tackle to break up the B’Mouth attack leading to (I think) our 3rd goal.

Baffles me that Lennon is up there in second. He didn't seem to be an assist king. Guess he was there for about eleven years.

That is only a handful a season.

If anything I think it says a lot about the club in the PL era, how bad have we been that we dont even have players getting a decent amount of assists?

And the look at the last few seasons!:eek:

Back