• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Everton***

It is nice to get back our winning form with this convincing win. We played well and could have won by a bigger score. Everton were poor and didn't trouble us at all. But we did our part by playing well and taking our chances. It could have been much better if we had managed to score 1 more goal as it would have moved us into 4th place above Liverpool on goal difference. At least we are now only 3 points behind 2nd place in the league.

Credit to Kane, Son and Eriksen for the goals. Kane was not at his best but still managed to score 2 goals. It was Kane's first league goals of 2018 and his 2 goals means he now has 20 league goals so far this season. Too bad Kane couldn't get his hattrick but he now has scored 20 or more league goals for the 4th season in a row. Before this, only Henry and Shearer has scored at least 20 league goals for 4 consecutive seasons in the PL. Hope Kane will now target the record 34 league goals scored by Andy Cole and Shearer as the scorer of most league goals in a PL season. Son also did well to score our first goal and then assisted the goal for Kane. But Son could have scored the hattrick as he also hit the post and had another shot saved. Amazingly, Son is the first Spurs player since Defoe to score in 5 consecutive league matches at home. Surprisingly, even Kane has not done so.

Our midfield played well to control the match. Nice to see Dembele having a good match after all his injury problems. It was encouraging to see Wanyama coming on to partner Dembele in the second half. Hope we will have Wanyama and Dembele together at their best in midfield soon. Eriksen had a quiet match but still managed to score our fourth goal. Disappointing that Alli failed to score desipte having at least 2 chances to score. At least Alli assisted the goal for Eriksen. Alli now has 7 assists which is only 2 behind De Bruyne as the player with most assists in the league. Too bad Lamela didn't have much time to make an impact.

Good to see our defence keeping the clean sheet even if Everton didn't have any shots on goal. We were not troubled by Everton and Lloris didn't even have to make any important saves. But we do need to be more alert as we were a bit careless at times. Well done to Aurier for assisting our first goal for Son. It was a timely assist as we would have been under pressure in the second half if we had not scored that goal in the first half. It was Aurier's first assist for us in the league. Hope he will get more assists for us like Trippier who has 4 assists.

Despite this convincing win, we cannot get too excited as it was against Everton with whom we always have an excellent record. We do need to be more ruthless in front of goal as we wasted many other chances as well. Hope we will be boosted by this win to go on a long winning run to help our top 4 race.

And Winks...don't forget Winky...a very, very important squad option.

BTW, another mighty game from the unsung Eric Dier.

I didn’t think Dier was that good yesterday. I wasn’t shocked when he was taken off. I can see Wanyama coming in for him when he’s fully fit. Dier seemed slow on the ball in his decision making, his passing was hit and miss and whilst he did ok defensively, that was about it.

We should give Spurs the credit here. Everton under Sam are organised, just like Southampton are capable of playing some nice football and running the big boys close (I’ll ignore Stoke).

We are just clicking into some serious form now as we tend to do around this time of the year, and with key injuries back meaning we can rest the likes of Dier and Eriksen before the game is over, we are looking good. There won’t be many teams that will stick 4 past an Allardyce side, and when we win well it isn’t always because the other side were poor.

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Spurs. I thought we moved the ball really well and our switching of play was superb it was just that I was surprised with Everton, I thought they would park the bus and make things very difficult for us, but we were very good, we could have got 6 goals easily

Sissoko had a few off passes but what I find interesting is that he seems to be taking a more aggressive, forward thinking style on to the pitch in the last couple of games. Rather than keeping it simple, he’s trying to break forward, run with the ball, take more responsibility. Will be interesting to see how he does for the rest of the season, although with Wanyama coming back and Winks not out for long it will be a competitive midfield to get into.

I don't think that you can read too much into his performance yesterday. The game was dead by the time he came on and there was plenty of space to run at.

We should give Spurs the credit here. Everton under Sam are organised, just like Southampton are capable of playing some nice football and running the big boys close (I’ll ignore Stoke).

We are just clicking into some serious form now as we tend to do around this time of the year, and with key injuries back meaning we can rest the likes of Dier and Eriksen before the game is over, we are looking good. There won’t be many teams that will stick 4 past an Allardyce side, and when we win well it isn’t always because the other side were poor.

Everton haven’t been organised of late. They had a little bounce when Allardyce came in but have lost four on the trot now. They were awful yesterday and Allardyce did little to correct it during the game. Sigurdsson had a terrible game but we all know that he cannot play on the left. There is some major rebuilding to be done there come the summer.

Moose had his best since last season

Alli has so many little things that didnt come off for him he must have been tinkled off

He was in the right place the whole time: following up on shots, making runs.

He was right next to Son for Son’s goal and almost latched onto a couple of rebounds, and did with others.

His timing was really good and was unlucky not to score.

Lad played well.

Allardyce with that result becomes the leagues most successful manager ever to lose by that score line the most.

Just seen the game now, and that was some performance! Back to front we were magnificent for 90% of the game. Lovely goals, especially the 4th. Graham Le Seux said that it was the best team goal his seen in a long time. It has really started to click for us now, and things are looking good. I love this team!

Great atmosphere at the game yesterday helped by the much faster start than in recent games.

What surprised me though was how many people left after the 3rd goal went in with many missing our best goal of the game. By the final whistle well over half of the people in the ground had left early although this did make the journey home from Wembley Park easier!

Great atmosphere at the game yesterday helped by the much faster start than in recent games.

What surprised me though was how many people left after the 3rd goal went in with many missing our best goal of the game. By the final whistle well over half of the people in the ground had left early although this did make the journey home from Wembley Park easier!

The ground was very empty at the end but I think that was mainly because it was a late kick off and it is a ball ache getting home from there.

As usual this time of year we're coming into our own

At the risk of sounding smug, is it any surprise?

This is where we traditionally find form. AND we are finally getting our main team on the field.

Ive said time and again, injuries have been almost strategic in slowing us down this year.

And, while I fully accept we havent "performed", we have actually got enough results on the board.

Through in the cup, top in the CL group stages, right in the mix with the top 4 (thanks Bournemouth for todays result!) - if not the top 2, still only 3 points away (game in hand accepted).

All while every game is an away game.

Ultimately, so far, this has been a rather successful season and it still holds a lot of promise.

At the risk of sounding smug, is it any surprise?

This is where we traditionally find form. AND we are finally getting our main team on the field.

Ive said time and again, injuries have been almost strategic in slowing us down this year.

And, while I fully accept we havent "performed", we have actually got enough results on the board.

Through in the cup, top in the CL group stages, right in the mix with the top 4 (thanks Bournemouth for todays result!) - if not the top 2, still only 3 points away (game in hand accepted).

All while every game is an away game.

Ultimately, so far, this has been a rather successful season and it still holds a lot of promise.

I think the because we haven’t had a real sparkler of a game at home yet in the league it’s been less memorable

Back