• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zenon Stylianides, Sad Story

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Tottenham ace Zenon Stylianides showed incredible professionalism and spirit to play for the club’s Under-21 team – despite learning his sister would die during the match.

Stylianides was named in the Spurs team to face Chelsea at Aldershot’s Recreation Ground on Friday, but as he arrived at the stadium, he received a message from his mum that his sister, who has been suffering with blood cancer, was close to death.

Anybody would have understood if Stylianides decided not to play, but he phoned his sister and left her goodbye message – before taking to the field

Spurs won the match 3-1, but Stylianides’ sister passed away 10 minutes into the game.

He shared the story on Twitter, dedicating the victory to her and memory

CSmQqhMWUAAOTcV.jpg

Mark, don't feel too disheartened by the lack of responses as it was posted it the 'Youth' thread.

Wow. I don't know how anyone can play under such circumstances. My head would have been in pieces, had that have been me.

Brave of him to go out there & play in extremely difficult circumstances. Plus, pleased for him that he managed to say his goodbyes, even if over the phone. Thoughts with the player and his family at this very difficult time.

Last edited:
Gut-wrenching story. How he got through it
Wow. I don't know how anyone can play under such circumstances. My head would have been in pieces, had that been have been me.

Brave of him to go out there & play in extremely difficult circumstances. Plus, pleased for him that he managed to say his goodbyes, even if over the phone. Thoughts with the player and his family at this very difficult time.
Thanks for articulating how we all feel towards him but didn't quite know how to express it.

Wow. I don't know how anyone can play under such circumstances. My head would have been in pieces, had that have been me.

Credit to the young lad, but it could be his best way of coping. It seems he knew his sister was going to die soon and it was just a matter of timing. It wasn't clear from the reports if he could have got back to her bedside in time. What he did was find a way to pay respects to his sister and find a way of handling it for himself. Sometimes the football field is where people with troubles can find peace. Regardless, it required great character, as many people would have crumbled under the circumstances.

Credit to the young lad, but it could be his best way of coping. It seems he knew his sister was going to die soon and it was just a matter of timing. It wasn't clear from the reports if he could have got back to her bedside in time. What he did was find a way to pay respects to his sister and find a way of handling it for himself. Sometimes the football field is where people with troubles can find peace. Regardless, it required great character, as many people would have crumbled under the circumstances.

Well put. Have been struggling to find good words for this situation...

Back