• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Zaha making noises again. For me it’s always been too much of an outlay when we have Son who plays pretty much every game in that area of the pitch.

I do however think he is a quality player that could still go up another level at a better club than Palace.

2 years left on contract now so 40m should get the conversation started. I don’t think we have a huge pool of players to pick from with our current situation therefore a gamble worth taking imo. He’s effective on the break or in possession around the oppositions box and he doesn’t give the ball away cheaply.

Having said all that, it’s probably 40m we don’t have without a Kane sale.

One of the most overated players in the game for me, please GHod do not let it happen.

I'm with Milo. I'd like us to go back to signing players under say 24 and allowing them to grow as a team. When we do sign older players, sign players who are say 32/33 on a two year deal where the fee is minimal. Maybe in 5-10 years we can start to sign players at their peak again, but not for now IMO

It needs balance. I’m all for young good prospects but they don’t grow on trees. There’s still space for proven players. It’s all about motivation for me. I think he will have that as he wants to prove to people he can do well at a bigger club.

We've got plenty of older players in the squad, we need to clear some of them out and replace them with younger players. It's time to complete building the next team

We've got plenty of older players in the squad, we need to clear some of them out and replace them with younger players. It's time to complete building the next team
I don’t think you’re reading my posts so I’ll stop. Have a good day.

We’d all want 11 x 24 year olds that are fringe/future internationals but it’s not Championship Manager.

It needs balance and above all it needs players that are motivated.

Happily take him over 22 year old Zaha. We need players who don't need to settle and learn. Zaha is plug and play. But he doesn't score enough goals and he's on mega wages.

He is clearly a very good player but doesn’t play in a priority position that we need to fill and also isn’t the best option at his likely fee. Better to bring in a player on the way up yet still with experience of the PL like Perreira.

Reactions: DTA
He is clearly a very good player but doesn’t play in a priority position that we need to fill and also isn’t the best option at his likely fee. Better to bring in a player on the way up yet still with experience of the PL like Perreira.

Please mate, I'm literally begging ..

- He's not a very good player, he is the absolute definition of a highlight reel player, very mediocre in reality.

- 28 years old, 11 fudging seasons, where he has only achieved double figure in all comps twice (with 10 & 11 goals)
- 68 goals in 410 appearances, 1 in 6 (6.02)

To compare to Son

- 6 PL seasons, hit double figures in 5, worse season in double figures was equal to Zaha's best
- 157 goals in 450 appearances (1 in 3)

Dele

- 65 in 250 (at top level), 1 in 4

Lucas

- 78 in 385 (PSG & Spurs), 1 in 5

Lamela (to really rub salt in the wounds)

- 62 goals in 358, 1 in 6 (5.8)

Steven Bergwijn

- 35 goals in 199, 1 in 6 (5.7)

He would literally be the worst AM we have.

And I'm sure someone will go dig into PL vs. nno PL goals, etc. but the fact is Zaha is an extremely well paid AM who is first choice for his side, plays every game he's fit for and his return is tinkle poor (unless someone thinks Lucas, Lamela & Bergwijn score enough)

p.s. and he's diving/whining bitch

Please mate, I'm non-figuratively begging ..

- He's not a very good player, he is the absolute definition of a highlight reel player, very mediocre in reality.

- 28 years old, 11 fudging seasons, where he has only achieved double figure in all comps twice (with 10 & 11 goals)
- 68 goals in 410 appearances, 1 in 6 (6.02)

To compare to Son

- 6 PL seasons, hit double figures in 5, worse season in double figures was equal to Zaha's best
- 157 goals in 450 appearances (1 in 3)

Dele

- 65 in 250 (at top level), 1 in 4

Lucas

- 78 in 385 (PSG & Spurs), 1 in 5

Lamela (to really rub salt in the wounds)

- 62 goals in 358, 1 in 6 (5.8)

Steven Bergwijn

- 35 goals in 199, 1 in 6 (5.7)

He would non-figuratively be the worst AM we have.

And I'm sure someone will go dig into PL vs. nno PL goals, etc. but the fact is Zaha is an extremely well paid AM who is first choice for his side, plays every game he's fit for and his return is tinkle poor (unless someone thinks Lucas, Lamela & Bergwijn score enough)

p.s. and he's diving/whining bitch
To be honest I hadn't had a look at his stats, I was basing him being a good player on what I saw when watching him (i.e. good balance, two feet, good finisher and ability to play in tight spaces).

After seeing your post I went to look at his stats and concentrated on recent seasons only (always think its better to look at last few years for what is relevant as opposed to what was happening a decade ago) I also looked at PL games only (as that is the real barometer and gives a fair balance due to both teams playing the same level of opposition).

Looking at last 4 seasons:
Zaha has 34 goals in 131 games.... That works out at a goal every 3.5 games.
Now if we compare that to those you mentioned....

Son: 52 in 134 games.... a goal every 2.6 games
Dele: 22 in 100 games.... a goal every 4.5 games
Lucas 17 goals in 101 games.... A goal every 5.9 games
Bergwijn 4 goals in 34 games*.... A goal every 8.5 games. (*only 1.5 seasons to base this on)
Lamela 9 goals in 92 games.... A goal every 10.2 games.

So in actual fact Zaha's record (for a team who have finished considerably below us in all of those 4 seasons) is better than all of those you mentioned other than Son.

As I said before, I don't think he is the right signing for us due to a few factors but he would be an upgrade on all of those you mentioned other than Son.

I cannot wait for this fudger to retire .. so tired of this brick every window ..

Never was good enough ..

I could not agree more, one of the most overated players in the Prem (imo). He would be better if he stopped throwing himself to the floor every other tackle and bitching at the refs.

Back