• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Can’t see him getting enough game time in his preferred position to make it worth the money. Just can’t see this happening.

As I’ve said before, I rate him. I just don’t think it’s where we need to drop a fortune.

They use the ball after they've beaten the 3rd man, rather than turning back looking for a 4th?

They do not dribble as successfully as him at all.

They are actually pretty easy to knock off the ball, unlike Zaha.

And they arent exactly adept at beating a man from a standing start, something Zaha does regularly.

Both dribble best when they take the ball with momentum and carry it past players, neither do so in an especially skilled or controlled manner.

Zaha will actually dribble. Manipulate the ball, use skills and tricks to beat players. He will get out of tight spots much more successfully and regularly than they will.

Seriously if you think theres any comparison I dont know what to say, completely different styles and attributes.

GNK though....now we're talking:D

I have to be honest, I do have a soft spot for GKN.

Not that I think he is especially good, but he is a real trier, always plays positively, and sometimes shows a little flash of quality that makes me wonder if he might step up a level one day.

I fully expect to sell him on, and that he'll never break through here - but also that maybe in a few years he will pop up at some random club as a bit of a star...

They do not dribble as successfully as him at all.

They are actually pretty easy to knock off the ball, unlike Zaha.

And they arent exactly adept at beating a man from a standing start, something Zaha does regularly.

Both dribble best when they take the ball with momentum and carry it past players, neither do so in an especially skilled or controlled manner.

Zaha will actually dribble. Manipulate the ball, use skills and tricks to beat players. He will get out of tight spots much more successfully and regularly than they will.

Seriously if you think theres any comparison I dont know what to say, completely different styles and attributes.
Problem with Zaha is that he plays for himself. He's not the guy that after beating 3 players threads a ball through for a team mate. No, instead he tries to shoot from an impossible position and either blasts it high into the stands or gets blocked.

Thats not the Zaha Ive watched at all.

He isnt that selfish player. Though he does quite often end up having to go it alone because he only has Benteke or Ayew playing as striker, and they are either miles out of position or hiding behind a defender.

Problem with Zaha is that he plays for himself. He's not the guy that after beating 3 players threads a ball through for a team mate. No, instead he tries to shoot from an impossible position and either blasts it high into the stands or gets blocked.

I think this would change at a bigger club.... but I agree with you - but what are his options at palace?

Thats not the Zaha Ive watched at all.

He isnt that selfish player. Though he does quite often end up having to go it alone because he only has Benteke or Ayew playing as striker, and they are either miles out of position or hiding behind a defender.
I agree that he's not blessed with brilliant team mates, but either way, Zaha is not know for his incisive passing and team play.

Back