• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Arsenal transfer news: Why Gunners chose Nicolas Pepe over Wilfried Zaha
Zaha has been left looking for options after making it clear he wants to leave Crystal Palace with Everton his likeliest destination
Arsenal are set to complete the £72m of Nicolas Pepe in the next few days, and it is understood that the more favourable structure of the deal saw them turn to the Lille winger over Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha.

Zaha had been intent on the switch, and is now left anxious about his future and hoping for a transfer to Everton, after the demands of both Palace and the player's representative ultimately put Arsenal off.

Although Pepe and Zaha would have been roughly the same fee - at a total of around £70m - the Selhurst Park hierarchy wanted at least £55m up front.

Lille have instead agreed a deal whereby the payment is spread over a number of years, allowing Arsenal to secure such a signing while also sticking to a more limited transfer budget this summer.

It is similarly understood that Pepe's wage demands are far lower, which was another issue causing Arsenal to stall on the Zaha deal.
The Ivorian winger ultimately presented a signing that offered far grater value.

Zaha's representatives are now seeking to secure a move elsewhere, with the player having made his desire to leave clear.

Everton are the likeliest destination.

The player is also interested in a move to Tottenham Hotspur, who have been made aware of the situation, but they do not currently want to make such a move.

Speaking with a Palace supporting mate at work, certainly not an ITK sort but someone who is a big fan and gets a lot of talk around the club, I dont think any of this about Zaha being desperate to leave is true at all.

I think he would like to leave, if it meant going up in the world and testing himself on a bigger stage. Playing at a level his ability demands.

However, I think he likes it at Palace too, where is the main man, golden boy, and generally adored. Also where he is close to home, given what a mummies boy he is.

I fully expect Palace to price him out of a move, and him to be just fine with it.

The player is also interested in a move to Tottenham Hotspur, who have been made aware of the situation, but they do not currently want to make such a move.

Thank GHod for that.

His comments completely fudged him up.

Chelsea/spurs won’t touch him now

United won’t

Arsenal currently Won’t pay

Leaves city to sit on bench or overseas

His comments completely fudged him up.

Chelsea/spurs won’t touch him now

United won’t

Arsenal currently Won’t pay

Leaves city to sit on bench or overseas

What comments?

He hasnt been quoted as saying anything, not since he was interviewed in April before the end of the season.

Literally cannot find a single quote. Only comments/intentions attributed to him by staff writer types.

I know his brother was mouthing off about Arsenal, but I do genuinely question if that was on Zahas word.

Palace mate heard a rumour Chelsea want him next season and are willing to put a deal in place now ready for when their ban ends. Pinch of salt and all that, but honestly they buy so many mercenaries I doubt the "wont touch him now" idea holds any water at all.

Similarly us. If we thought there was value to be had Im sure we would go for it, we have long standing interest that wont disappear over night because his brother made comments about Arsenal IMO. With us its the £££ equation that kills it. That and the idea we could maybe get better with our new status.

Everton issue Zaha statement
Everton have confirmed they have not made a second offer for Wilfried Zaha - and have ended their interest in the Crystal Palace winger.

Everton made a £52m bid for Arsenal target Zaha over the weekend with Crystal Palace rejecting the offer outright.

Reports emerged on Monday that a second £55m offer had been made with Everton including Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy in the deal.

But the Toffees have issued a statement on the proposed transfer.

“Everton Football Club categorically denies that a bid has been submitted to Crystal Palace for Wilfried Zaha that included an increased sum plus Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy,” it read.

“Everton and Crystal Palace have a very good relationship. A bid was made over the weekend which was turned down. Both clubs agreed that was the end of the matter.”

ScratchyInsignificantCrocodileskink-small.gif

Wouldn't be happy signing a player who in the same window so openly courted his boyhood club Arsenal.

Genuinely not trying to be argumentative, seen a lot from a palace mate recently to suggest Zaha is not the mastermind behind his career.

I also think back to when he was unsettled before, he spoke out (and sulked!) himself.

This time he's not said a thing.

He has also been credited with interest in going to Everton. I don't know, neither really ring true for me, seem more like entourage getting above themselves imo

Back