• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

I’ve always thought he would give us a different option in the attacking options but the price and wages would be prohibitive given he might not be a regular starter, but he was very quiet yesterday, Foyth handled him really well I thought.

I’ve always thought he would give us a different option in the attacking options but the price and wages would be prohibitive given he might not be a regular starter, but he was very quiet yesterday, Foyth handled him really well I thought.

Hasnt had the best of seasons so far. I think the pressure of being the only player of note they have is weighing on him.

Injuries have left them "bare bones" all season, and its down to him to make a difference - while being tripple marked at all times...

He is one of those who I think would flourish in a better team.

he did nothing against us. He has pace but no real skill to take on players. Against teams that sit back he would be useless to us. Foyth had him read all game yesterday. I was very unimpressed with him against us. He had a stinker. But it was just one game. at the money being bashed around he is not worth it. maybe for 35-40m but no anywhere upwards after that.

He definitely has skill, he does those Ronaldinho lateral stepovers you don't see from many players. Has great footwork. I like him a lot but don't think we need him and certainly not at what he'd cost.

For me he is a player of great unrealised potential.

He clearly has massive ability, I dont see how anyone can argue otherwise.

Yet he also clearly needs to produce more, his goals and assists let him down.

I really feel in a better team he could really flourish. He does well enough in a poor Palace side to be a talisman and near guarantee of points (or at least, his absence is a guarantee of a loss!). He is marked by 2 and 3 players at all times, and still causes havoc.

In a team like ours, with Kane, Son, Eriksen... on the pitch - its win-win. Either he gets tripple marked and the rest have a field day, or he doesnt get tripple marked and is able to really punish teams on his own.

When he gets to the by line we have bodies in the box, when he loses the ball we are high up the pitch and win it back...

I cant argue he would just slot in and be brilliant, there just isnt the evidence for it - but I really do feel if he came in he could become a massive player for us. Particularly useful in providing those moments of taking 3 players around the box out of the game so we can break the deadlock...

I completely understand that people dont see value in him at £70m or whatever, but Im just talking the player - theres definitely something there.

I think Zaha would have been a great addition but that ship has sailed. I think his ineffectiveness on Sunday was more due to how well Sanchez and especially Foyth did against him overall.

In our team Zaha with better players around him and Poch coaching him would (have) thrived.

As i say, ship has sailed now

Why has it sailed? Apparently Dortmund are interested, so its possible theres a deal to be done.

And I dont think his quality has suddenly disappeared...

By all accounts we've approached them before with lowball offers and have vexed both the club and the player before he signed his new deal - which is bog wages.
His quality hasn't diminished though i wonder if for the money that would be required to get him now it would be considered that he's stalled a bit in his develkopment.

I think it would take a whopping offer in term of fees and wages and i just cannot see us doing it now (would love to be proved wrong)

By all accounts we've approached them before with lowball offers and have vexed both the club and the player before he signed his new deal - which is bog wages.
His quality hasn't diminished though i wonder if for the money that would be required to get him now it would be considered that he's stalled a bit in his develkopment.

I think it would take a whopping offer in term of fees and wages and i just cannot see us doing it now (would love to be proved wrong)

Too much hearsay and assumption to really be that strong a point.

The Palace chairman is a bell end, but he isnt the only one with a say now that they have investors.

Equally, just in general, football is a fluid business, things change all the time.

Maybe Palace suddenly need cash, maybe Zaha forces the move, maybe he has a release clause and so they dont really get a say, maybe we make an offer they cant refuse...

So many what ifs we just cant say anything with certainty.

Though I can certainly see an argument he may have stalled somewhat, and at 25(26?) he needs to kick on. I really think he is ready for a move, and needs one, to see if he can take his game up a level.

I really think we might be about perfect for him on that front.

And I really think he would be a very useful player to have in our squad.

Though at no point do I apply any expectation of success!

Back