• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

That's what I meant. They were comparable signings then to Zaha now - tailsmen for bottom half teams who cost big money (IIRC Sinton was about £3m, Fox over £4m; which was a lot in those days)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine were better than us at the time (about the only 6/7 year period in their history!)

- next will come comparisons to several players who have nothing in common with each other let alone with Zaha himself...

For me he's just a Wanchope. He's a chaotic player who can create in an setup where there's no co-ordinated attacking strategy. I don't think he'd be any good given the limited time and space we are afforded by bus parking sides

That's what I meant. They were comparable signings then to Zaha now - tailsmen for bottom half teams who cost big money (IIRC Sinton was about £3m, Fox over £4m; which was a lot in those days)

Zaha is simply not worth the money ..

He's basically 2 years older than Harry Kane and since the 2013/14 season as a striker has scored the same amount of goals as fudging Lamela (who was unfit/injured for a lot of that time), so lets even not talk about his record against Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lucas

I'm must be crazy to be making the same point as GB .. but what is the fascination here?

If we were talking about a 15-20M punt, maybe .. but for the money CP will ask .. move along ...

Zaha is simply not worth the money ..

He's basically 2 years older than Harry Kane and since the 2013/14 season as a striker has scored the same amount of goals as fudging Lamela (who was unfit/injured for a lot of that time), so lets even not talk about his record against Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lucas

I'm must be crazy to be making the same point as GB .. but what is the fascination here?

If we were talking about a 15-20M punt, maybe .. but for the money CP will ask .. move along ...

Is the fascination not in part due to Poch supposedly being very interested in him?
I can’t honestly recall fact from fiction in previous windows but didn’t we make at least serious enquiries, if not firm offers to Palace for him?
And current rumours are that Poch is targeting him or Martial this season.

Unless Zaha agitates for a move, Palace are going to make it very unattractive for buying clubs.

Is the fascination not in part due to Poch supposedly being very interested in him?
I can’t honestly recall fact from fiction in previous windows but didn’t we make at least serious enquiries, if not firm offers to Palace for him?
And current rumours are that Poch is targeting him or Martial this season.

Unless Zaha agitates for a move, Palace are going to make it very unattractive for buying clubs.

I think his agent was just very effective at planting the right things to get him a bumper new contract.

Ask Poch, he is the one who made a bid a couple of years ago.....when Zaha really was average

PALACE TO HAND ZAHA NEW DEAL

Crystal Palace have offered Wilfried Zaha a bumper new deal on more than £120,000 per week, according to the Mirror.

The 25-year-old is currently contracted to the Eagles until the summer of 2022.

Personally I rate the player a lot. But what I think is irrelevant, what matters is whether Poch rates him and wants him. If Poch wants him I hope we get him, if Poch does not want him then I am perfectly fine with that.

To be fair even if you were not perfectly fine with that it wouldn't matter to Poch

ZAHA-SCHURRLE SWAP?

Bild are reporting that Wilfried Zaha is a target for Borussia Dortmund and they're willing to offer Crystal Palace former Chelsea midfielder Andre Schurrle plus cash.

Back