• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

For me he's just a Wanchope. He's a chaotic player who can create in an setup where there's no co-ordinated attacking strategy. I don't think he'd be any good given the limited time and space we are afforded by bus parking sides

You need guile against bus parkers, not a step-over king pulling in isolated defenders.
No you dont, sometimes it works but other times guile doesnt work. They defend deep, which means it helps massively if you have a player who can beat a man from a standstill position. Not only does Zaha do that, he takes three defenders with him when he runs with the ball. You are purposefully playing down what he can do and it wont wash, he creates something out of nothing and like Nayim said would be a game changer. The missing piece in our AM jigsaw....

For me he's just a Wanchope. He's a chaotic player who can create in an setup where there's no co-ordinated attacking strategy. I don't think he'd be any good given the limited time and space we are afforded by bus parking sides

I cant decide if you do this for attention or if you really just make an absolute judgement on your first impression of a player and stick with it for life.

Zaha is a quality player. Late bloomer? Yes. Previously flatters to decieve? Yes. Now? Not at all.

He is a physical beast, pace and strength, ideal for Poch. He has immense skill, and now knows how to use it. He has been playing with the responsibility of an entire club on his shoulders and thrived. He has been playing as an all round, roaming forward and developed significantly as a result. The guy has finally learned to put his natural abilities to best use, he has grown up and is now reaping the reward.

Having him as an option to start or from the bench would be a huge asset for us, one we currently lack (and at times blatantly so).

No you dont, sometimes it works but other times guile doesnt work. They defend deep, which means it helps massively if you have a player who can beat a man from a standstill position. Not only does Zaha do that, he takes three defenders with him when he runs with the ball. You are purposefully playing down what he can do and it wont wash, he creates something out of nothing and like Nayim said would be a game changer. The missing piece in our AM jigsaw....

Not much mileage in just stating he doesn't rate Zaha and leaving it at that- he has the whole summer and transfer window ahead of him, has to mix things up a bit - next will come comparisons to several players who have nothing in common with eachother let alone with Zaha himself...

Moura can do all that and more. But he plays for us already, so the shiny new toy phalanx are over him.

I cant decide if you do this for attention or if you really just make an absolute judgement on your first impression of a player and stick with it for life.

Zaha is a quality player. Late bloomer? Yes. Previously flatters to decieve? Yes. Now? Not at all.

He is a physical beast, pace and strength, ideal for Poch. He has immense skill, and now knows how to use it. He has been playing with the responsibility of an entire club on his shoulders and thrived. He has been playing as an all round, roaming forward and developed significantly as a result. The guy has finally learned to put his natural abilities to best use, he has grown up and is now reaping the reward.

Having him as an option to start or from the bench would be a huge asset for us, one we currently lack (and at times blatantly so).

Lots of players look standout for bottom-half EPL sides but, for various reasons, just don't have to tools to step-up. Siggy is the textbook example. Benteke is another. You have to be a really different type of player to play for a possession side as opposed to a counter attacking one. Zaha doesn't have the tools for possession football.

Moura can do all that and more. But he plays for us already, so the shiny new toy phalanx are over him.

Very different players, who dont even share a position. Looks like Billy called it.

Lots of players look standout for bottom-half EPL sides but, for various reasons, just don't have to tools to step-up. Siggy is the textbook example. Benteke is another. You have to be a really different type of player to play for a possession side as opposed to a counter attacking one. Zaha doesn't have the tools for possession football.

Zaha stands out for a reason, and carries that team for a reason. Much of his play is not on the break, but in breaking teams down. Something he does successfully. Palace play a bit more football than you credit them for.

We have no one who can run at players like he does, who has the dribbling ability he does, only Dembele comes close for drawing players in - but Zaha does it in the final 3rd

Tools? Actually have a look at him before speaking in absolutes. You clearly need to refresh your knowledge.

Not much mileage in just stating he doesn't rate Zaha and leaving it at that- he has the whole summer and transfer window ahead of him, has to mix things up a bit - next will come comparisons to several players who have nothing in common with eachother let alone with Zaha himself...

Like Wanchope

reverse-1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

Surely Emirates Marketing Project have put this "fast players are no good against teams that sit deep" b0ll0cks to bed now? You need guile (De Bruyne, Silva) and pace (Sane, Sterling) to have a really potent attack. Teams try to park the bus against City every game, more so than any team I've ever seen in the Premier League, but they somehow make the most of having fast attacking players.

Speed over 5 or 10 yards is invaluable for an attacker. And the ability to run fast with the ball at your feet is another. Someone like Zaha has both of these and would be a good player against "bus parking" sides as well as providing a threat on the counter attack.*

*another myth on GG, that Spurs never get counter attacking opportunities as teams just sit in their own 18 yard box when they play us. Complete rubbish.

Surely Emirates Marketing Project have put this "fast players are no good against teams that sit deep" b0ll0cks to bed now? You need guile (De Bruyne, Silva) and pace (Sane, Sterling) to have a really potent attack. Teams try to park the bus against City every game, more so than any team I've ever seen in the Premier League, but they somehow make the most of having fast attacking players.

Speed over 5 or 10 yards is invaluable for an attacker. And the ability to run fast with the ball at your feet is another. Someone like Zaha has both of these and would be a good player against "bus parking" sides as well as providing a threat on the counter attack.*

*another myth on GG, that Spurs never get counter attacking opportunities as teams just sit in their own 18 yard box when they play us. Complete rubbish.

Indeed.
Unless it's West Ham.

Last season

Zaha
9 goals
3 assists

Shaqiri
8 goals
7 assists

Zaha in a better team
Shaqiri played more mins

Tend to agree with the pro Zaha above though...He is starting to train on and the potential is huge. Was a standout player for them at Wembley and gave us a headache most of the game (easy miss aside).

Also, I think he would be good against bus parkers, rather than picking a pass he would be commiting defenders which would open space for others.

It’s a signing that would surely peg Moura back though.

Zaha will conjure up opportunities from nowt.

Zaha will disrupt defences and dare to “try”. Remember our motto.

Zaha will miss easy tap-ins and open goals.

Zaha is not Messi.

Pick one or two of the above statements and go to town. Build a massive argument, type til your knuckles ache and your cheeks are wet.

Then sit back and see if Spurs buy him.

I think this is a fair point. There is a difference between being the star man in a poor side and needing to play a role consistently in a good one. I disagree that Zaha doesn't have the tools for our style - I think he completely does - but his mentality, his consistency, his concentration, his ability under pressure, his tactical understanding - all of these things will come into play and will to an extent still be up in the air if he joins a bigger club.

Back